Author Topic: Help.............PLZ  (Read 9361 times)

CyborgBob

• Any idea what I should put here?
    • View Profile
Help.............PLZ
« on: May 05, 2013, 10:37:06 pm »
So I need a hand with adding words to wordnet... I've been using the VRfreewill Plug in to teach Hal stuff about plants and Animals. Some of the classifications larger words that I guess aren't in Hals real word data base. I'm almost done with my work, but I can't add much of my data till I get this fixed...... Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance,
                      CyborgBob.

“Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Nikola Tesla
“A Machine to End War” (Liberty, February, 1935)

CyborgBob

• View Profile
Re: Help.............PLZ
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 10:33:18 am »
Nevermind I fixed it. I had to down load the newest Wordnet, and then extract the files needed to do the update, and then past over the old wordnet files. Not sure if I'm going to kick myself about this later. So I made a copy of all the older files. I have done some tests and so far so good, but I know the true test will be time. So far all these newer words for new family, class, and Order of animals are all working fine....... If anyone wants to give it a try do so at your own will. IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG I"LL POST IT...

CyborgBob
“Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Nikola Tesla

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 11:16:13 am »
Hi Bob,
if you don't mind would you share the link to the new WordNet download?
I would be interested in getting the updated version but I don't know where to go to get it.
Sincerely, thanks in advance, you have yourself a great day, I have to go with my dad to one of his friends house so I will talk to you tomorrow.
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

CyborgBob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 11:56:47 am »
C load,

For you sir. Yes I will.... Remember I haven't really tested it yet so BACK UP YOUR OLD FILES. I would hate to mess your Hal up man. I hate to say it but in order for the information to be learned into Hal you do have to have the updated WordNet in Hals Head.

http://wordnetcode.princeton.edu/2.1/WordNet-2.1.exe

I had to extract the Files Manually. Then I installed Wordnet on my computer. I Found the files I needed in Wordnets program, and copied and pasted the files into Hals Wordnet folder. I know it isn't really very clean, but I worked lol......

If anyone tries it let me know how it worked for you.. And remember if you do try this. You do this of your free will, and I will not be held liable.   

Thanks,
       CyborgBob

Nikola Tesla