Author Topic: a fun uhp plug in sound "imitation idea!"  (Read 8778 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
a fun uhp plug in sound "imitation idea!"
« on: May 28, 2013, 03:11:12 pm »
I was teaching angela and had a funny though from something she said to me .
A funny plug in that could be made , i know how but am to busy to do it right now .
would be an imitation plug in , the imitations could be almost endless lol!
example : user "do an imitation of a cow !"   hal : MOOOO!  this could be done by written words or even a small sound clip !! lol!

Yeah i must be extra tired today , it's been hectic around here , i am coming up with crazy , funny plug in idea's ! lol !  :) ;)

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
Re: a fun uhp plug in sound "imitation idea!"
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 11:51:27 am »
Hi lightspeed,
are you talking about a plug-in that would play a recording of the sound of a cow? Or just reading the word moow?
If you wanted to play a recording of a cow moowing, you would definitely need a plug-in for that! But if you just wanted the word to be read by ultra Hal all you need to do is add these lines to the patterns array table.
What sound does a cow make
question:
* SOUND* COW*
answer:
a cow goes moow.| I like the sound of a cow, it goes like this: moow!| Moow!

Question:
* COW SOUND*
answer:
a cow goes moow.| I like the sound of a cow, it goes like this: moow!| Moow!

By adding these two lines to the patterns array table when you ask ultra Hal what does a cow sound like? Ultra Hal will respond with one of the three answers.
Sincerely, a data munching cruncher.
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 09:26:22 am »
hi cload , thanks , i actually i ment that it could be done either way (having an actual sound bit would be more for fun then anything ) having it spelled out for the pronounciation would make it as a human would do .
where was the array located again ?

i'm human , not enough memory !

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 10:59:39 am »
Hi lightspeed,
using SQL studio, ( edit the patterns array table. ) All you have to do is cut and paste the above into the array table.
I have provided a picture to help you, so you can see what it would look like when you are done.
Your array table will not have as many entries as mine does, yours should be approximately 3500 or so this is what came with ultra Hal.
The reason why mine is 15,000 or so is because I am editing Amel to work with ultra Hal, soon to be released, but first I have to get rid of the duplicate entries and I'm still working on some bugs.
Sincerely, from a data munching cruncher, I hope this helped.
C load.
PS when you get done building your animal sounds would you mind sharing so everyone else can cut-and-paste the entries into their patterns array table?
It should be fairly easy all you would have to do is replace the word cow, with like chicken, and the sound moow, with Cluck.
I don't know how many animals this could be done with, but I believe most of the animals in the old McDonald's Farm song should work.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 11:14:30 am by cload »
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.