dupa

Author Topic: Hal using with AIML-Alicebot  (Read 5219 times)

trentacid

• View Profile
Hal using with AIML-Alicebot
« on: August 01, 2017, 05:57:44 pm »
I tried HAL and can say that I'm very impressed. In combination with Dragon Naturally Speaking, my own self-made scripts and EventGhost he is a beast.

I don't really need most of the functions of Hal, but I would like to use him for small-talk that he feels more human. Unfortunately I would like to use my mother-language (german). Am I right that even I change the phrases with the brain-editor this wouldn't really work because of the main WorldNet-brain-structure is in english?

So I have the question if there exists the possibility to use an AIML-file instead of HAL's standard-brain? While searching through the internet I found out, that there existed plugins like "Alice Plugin for Ultra Hal Assistant" by Jeffrey Peters for example. This plugin allowed the user to use the Ultra Hal GUI as a front-end to an Active Alice-based brain.

Is there still something available like this?  :)

onthecuttingedge2005

Re: Hal using with AIML-Alicebot
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 06:16:24 pm »
Hi Trent.

I don't know of any Alice to HAL 6.2 conversion plugs, I think v5.0 maybe.

I think you'd have a better chance of converting Alice to XML then using an existing XML HAL v6.2 plugin to read and write it.

close as I can get you.

Jerry 8)

trentacid

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 02:14:54 am »
There exists a conversion-plugin for v5.0? Where to get it and from where I can get such old version of Hal?  :)

Is it a plugin to convert AIML to the WordNet-brain or can I use the AIML as stand-alone-brain?

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 09:23:06 am »
Hi Trend.

I think searching the forum when you are signed in is about the best you can do at this point.

the Alice HAL plugin I think was lost in the forum conversion.

good luck.
Jerry 8)