Author Topic: "error 67 too many files"?? Help please  (Read 5784 times)

crunch

• View Profile
"error 67 too many files"?? Help please
« on: May 13, 2004, 10:06:52 pm »
Mr Vonsmith I am hoping you have an answer?
"error 67 too many files"??  after about a month of working with my Hal(Haleena) and the new XTF Brain 2.0 I keep getting this error every time I ask Hal(Haleena) something and he(she) seems to take a long time checking for an answer.. it always happens right after he leaves topic and I enter in the same quarry to try and get him back on? it usually invoves the words..Do, if, why, ect... but not always one time I can remember the sentence I typed was "So what is it about elevators you like??"... (He(She) had just left topic and said somthing about elevators.) this time I did not try and get Him back on topic but just tryed to go with him where he was going..
 every time I get that error hal will give that eror with every input there after until I re-boot hal.. Any Ideas?? Could in any way be the result of my using a full body .hap and mapping arm and walking,toe tapping movements to her moods scripting?? you see i have her doing a crossed srms or head scratch when she has to really think (search a bit for something??)
 Attached for all your enjoyment is a screen of my Crystal right after walking on screen..

Download Attachment: crystalfar.gif
14.79 KB
Crunch

<<I can't is the seed that never grows!>>

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2004, 04:47:19 am »
TO MANY FILES 67
This used to happen to me. This happens with the combination BRAINS. XTF Esppecially.

When hal get certain sentances he with try and save it Various scripts in the HALbrain Will try and save a bit as well. Sometime the scripts Are cROSSing Over. To many SAVES in one pass of the script.

SO I HAVE DECIDED to Put relevency on the scripts. Checking the final GETRESPONSES.

this has helped...

Also CHECK the DETECT.BRN files as some of the KEYWORDS used MAY be in more than ONE file.

IE: if SAY "HAPPY" is in the FUNDETECT.BRN & HAPPYNESSDETECT.BRN
Then hal will USE Both scripts for an output (and save) in the relevent BRN files, IF NOT XTF & ATF

HMMMM

Dont Worry About MR M..... If he is busy, he is busy???....

VONSMITH HAS A SECTION to display hals MOOD, & HAL Makes A FACE on users REQUEST.

this script Would be the one to mess about with and ADD more People PUTTY Emotions.

I HOPY THIS HELPS

GOOD LUCK

SPYDAZ

PS>>>> I havent never spoken Or Heard FROM MR M
>>>>>> since i JOINED .. If it wasnt for VONSMITH > DON fergurson > MORIS62 >>> IAMBENU >> AND others HERE i WOULDNT be PUTTING UP Posts
or ANYTHING as i have HAD PROBS Myself. I JUST HAD TO GET LOGICAL.....

crunch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004, 05:05:49 am »
Thnks I'll look into that.
Crunch

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2004, 07:26:28 pm »
Hi all and crunch,
Sorry I've been away so long. My laptop at work crashed and it took me a couple of weeks to straighten that out. It's a long story related to Microsoft issues with our network. I've also extensively revised/updated my computer setup at my home office. It's really a very cool setup, but that's another story. Anyway, I haven't had too much time working with Hal or this forum. [V]

crunch check out this previous post if you haven't seen it already. I am not aware of a simple fix to the error 67 problem. It is a VB thing.
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1311

Regarding the XTF Brain, please read this...
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1237

This is a very long thread, but it does cover a little history of the XTF brain.
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1187

The XTF brain requires a faster computer than some other types of brain. It runs well on my 1.8GHz laptop, but may seem a little slow on slower computers.

The <dbxtfon> debug function within the XTF brain provides an output text file that shows you a walk through of the XTF function process. To find out what is happening within the XTF brain during processing you will have to type <dbxtfon> into Hal's window which will generate a text file in the DefBrain directory. Read the XTF Brain manual included with the XTF Brain download for more details. There are some other debugging commands mentioned there for the XTF Brain. The <dbtopicon> command will list Hal's current topic after each of his responses. This can give you a idea about how Hal perceives the current topic and why the topic gets changed.

Good luck. I'll try to check back here a little more often. I'm going to be very busy for at least another couple of weeks.

=vonsmith=

crunch

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2004, 08:34:04 pm »
Thank you very much Sir Vonsmith.. i love the Brain you wrote..
 I have a new machine i just built that is dedicated to hal testing
its the one i have listed in the post "lets give hal enough power""
i was just so happy with the new toy i had to share it.. so He does have horse power for the brain and graphics I'm trying to load with him...
Thank you for the response i will look at those articles..

Do you know of a different way then where i am trying to go to add at least 12 new variations of mood that hal triggers from his mood detect??
 Hmmm what really got me hot on finally getting hal a full body was you finally being able to command him to make a face...
 Thank you
Jim
Crunch

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2004, 02:29:43 pm »
crunch,
I gave examples of how to have Hal "make a face" in the XTF Brain. I laid out a little of the foundation for emotions. However I haven't incorporated any emotion script other than what Hal was originally equipped with. I have future plans for an emotional Hal, but will take quite a bit of work to get it right.

=vonsmith=
« Last Edit: May 18, 2004, 02:30:31 pm by vonsmith »