dupa

Author Topic: Tech support brain?  (Read 4901 times)

Alex1245

Tech support brain?
« on: December 22, 2005, 04:19:02 am »
I'm just wondering I can program Hal to provide tech support.

I have a few things which break down on a regular basis and I'd like to be able to get Hal to walk me through fixing them. Basically a troubleshooting brain is the thing I'm after.

Are there any generic AIML scripts floating around that I could use as a base to work from, or is this just too bizare and complicated?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Tech support brain?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 04:56:53 am »
What you're describing is an "Expert System", a term used years ago
that enabled a program to be knowledge specific basically in one area of expertise.

I believe the Web based Hal can provide such a tool that can be "fed" information about one particular subject or product.

My friend used it rather successfully for his electronic dog training products company website. Once the initial programming was done (not difficult to do), the program became a knowledge base for his products and was able to answer customer inquities.

I'm sure something similar could be done in a troubleshooting scenario.

Best regards!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Bill819

• View Profile
Tech support brain?
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 10:31:47 am »
You are correct Art. What he needs is an Alice type bot where he can program in a complete set of steps with pre-supplied answeres. Of course Expert systems are even better but much more costly and the logic to make them perform correctly is much more complicated.
Bill

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Tech support brain?
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 05:40:31 pm »
Right on, Bill!!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
Tech support brain?
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 08:46:15 am »
there was a script i wrote long time ago, called domain adim scripts search the forum,..

I was using hall to retrieve information about the NETWORK/ DOMAIN,
retuning the ip addresses of other pcs on the net even send NET SEND MESSAGES to other PC USERS, also USERS could ask hal VIA TERMINAL SERVICES Questions ABOUT THE NETWORK or General Knowledge about DNS /WINS etc for their exams (MCSE)

a lot of detection scripts and Q&A....Linked With Pictures or Hyerlinks to PDFS. which hal OPENS... Pity he can read PDFS,,,

you could then chat to him about the information learnt or update him with more current info...

When i created my TECH BOT. I dedicated this brain to that single purpose. ELSE the BOT WENT OFF ON TANGENTS Or more simply TOOK to Long to EXECUTE THE SCRIPT...

Its possible the scripts are still in the forum...

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Tech support brain?
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 12:03:57 pm »
Also there is an ALICE brain that works with more recent AIML sets too.  The brain is in the download/plugin section.

This post might prove useful too:

http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1909&SearchTerms=alice,brain

« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 12:14:45 pm by freddy888 »

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
Tech support brain?
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 05:50:56 am »