Zabaware Forums > Ultra Hal Assistant File Sharing Area

new auto-idle Plugin

<< < (3/5) > >>

Scratch:
Okay, sorry it took me a while to respond Cadmer. I'm in school and it consumes all of my time!
I'm really not a programmer, just teaching myself by studying the work of others who have contributed some great stuff here in this forum. To test the error, I added the following lines to the Loneliness plugin at the start of the minute_timer function:

testvar = HalBrain.TopicSearch("PATIENCE", "lonelyParameter")
MsgBox "The lonelyParameter variable, " & testvar & ", is a " & TypeName(testvar)

The resulting message box states the variable lonelyParameter is stored as a string, which means the plugin needs to be corrected--I have no idea why it runs without error for me, but it does! Anyway, I think the simplest fix is to put some quotes around the 99 since it's just a flag and its numerical value is not used.

The corrected plugin is version 2.3 and is available above. Let me know if that runs correctly for you

-Shawn

JS:
The upgrade for the "Loneliness" auto-idle plugin is done.This plugin is compatible with UltraHal version 6 only.
New features:
Adjustable settings in the control panel
Emotional expressions for Haptek characters
Better, more varied responses
I would greatly appreciate any feedback! Especially you programmers - I'm new at this, let me know if you spot any coding faux pas.

3 tips on this plugin:
1) You can temporarily disable the auto-idle by typing "Be right back" or "be quiet"
2) There's about a 20 second offset, so when you select 1 Minute, it actually takes about 1min 20 sec to start. Haven't figured out why yet.
3) In some situations this plugin can draw from UltraHal's insult tables, a few of which are a lot harsher than I was expecting. I was considering adding a control to disable this, and will if there's any demand.

[edit: version 2.1 posted on 1/2/06 -scratch]
[edit: version 2.2 posted on 1/8/06 -scratch]

Random choice available for minutes
unnecessary processing minimized
[edit: version 2.3 posted on 2/25/06 -scratch]

Download Attachment: loneliness4.uhp
11.37 KB

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Scratch,

I was wondering if I could have your permission to post a modifed version on your loneliness4.uhp file? I modified it at my home. It has nicer comments and facial expressions when idle. It doesn't use the insult table and it runs longer than just 3 comments and then stop. I added more already existing HAL 6.0 table responses for a wider variety of random comments including a joke table. I testd it and it seems to work ok.
       I keep you as the main author of the file for main credit and then at the bottom I put, "slightly modified" by me.

Thanks for your consideration,
    JS

vrossi:
Hi, JS

I've installed and used the auto-idel plugin since its first version, and I think it's a good tool to give Hal a more human behaviour.

I would like to install and test your version. Where can I download it?
Thanks. I hope to see other works form you here.

JS:
Hi, JS

I've installed and used the auto-idel plugin since its first version, and I think it's a good tool to give Hal a more human behaviour.

I would like to install and test your version. Where can I download it?
Thanks. I hope to see other works form you here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I sent a copy of it in your Email to review it to see if it works properly.
   I was later considering putting other things in it like playing music in the background by a random chance and then turning it off and also connecting the computr Logitech CAM video on or off, in a pretend mode, where Hal 6.0 will say he/or she is looking for you, and then you see a video of the room turn on or off looking for you with the replies.
   I am still waiting for permission to post the modifications although to the original.

JS

seduar:
I agree with verybody, i think is a great pluggin.
I downloaded it and installed but i am also having problems.
I have an error popping up:

Hal script error 13 on line 4235 in colum 8 Type Mismatch: 'CDbl'
The file "C:program files\zabawareultra hal Assistant6hal script.DBG"
Has been saved with the current script being used for debugging purposes.

Any Idea how can i fix that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version