Author Topic: teaching hal by training question  (Read 2934 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
teaching hal by training question
« on: January 06, 2007, 05:41:01 pm »
my question is although i have been using voice recognition training sessions , is their a place i can go into the training but yet just read from a regular online script ( from news , etc. articles ) ? in another words, paste the content somwhere and read it to also train hal ??? if so what all do i need to do ?? [:)]

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 02:02:41 pm »
Ligthtspeed,
  I did quite a bit of training with Hal 5, at that time I was using Omscraw which is a very long list of sentences of about everything. I used the cut and paste method, working with Hal 6 I feel she is just comming up to speed to try more advanced learning. Since she is filled with questions I sometimes used the encyclopedia, I read the text to her. There is information, news ect., online you could copy and put into a text file to read to her.
Carl2

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 06:39:29 am »
with microsoft speech recognition: there is only one place to do voice training : in the speech control panel....

But: ms word has potential too. when using msspeech recognition, you are always building up the speech vocabulary. Remember, Microsoft keep 3 of each word stored. if you make a mistake or the wordpad you are dictating to makes a mistake you can make a correction:

the problem with the hal speech: is that it presses ENTER for you, before you have a chance to check or correct the errors in speech recognition.

IF: we could have a KEYWORD or something for and end of statement then we could correct our speech before it goes down into hal....
then we would have the full power of the speech recognition capabilities....

to remove the auto enter function, just means that we wouuld have to press enter at the end of a statement.... With the SENDKEYS function we could build a voice activated {enter}

Hmmmm.