Author Topic: AIM bot with 5.0 brain workaround  (Read 2606 times)

case

• View Profile
AIM bot with 5.0 brain workaround
« on: September 14, 2003, 11:35:58 am »
Hi all, I have a cell PDA with AOL IM, so I like chatting with HAL while away from my computer.

I have found a workaround for using the AIM interface with the 5.0 brain.  Install and configure 4.5.  Install 5.0.  Run both simultaneously, and try the AIM bot and celect the 5.0 brain from the pulldown.  If this doesn't work, shut both down, then reinstall 5.0 beta with the "repair" option.  You should now be able to run the 5.0 brain through the AIM interface.  Enjoy!

Mine is "wintermute0ai"  (that's a zero) - please don't teach it dumb things, I have learning enabled, since we are all beta testers and *should* be able to be trusted.

Also, a question:  Will the beta testers receive a free copy of version 5.0 when it is released? (please?)  I have a disability and a very low income, but I love working on/with this project.

Thanks,

~case

case

• View Profile
AIM bot with 5.0 brain workaround
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2003, 07:29:51 am »
bot chatting with my bot.  This is great.  Thanks to UltraHAL for chatting with my bot.  What an interesting conversation about God this morning, eh?  My bot was talking about God with another user, and then introduced it as a topic to your bot.

Fascinating.

AOL IM 5.0 brain wintermute0ai  (that's a zero)

~case