Author Topic: A request to Mr Medeksza.  (Read 15161 times)

echoman

A request to Mr Medeksza.
« on: February 19, 2011, 07:14:26 am »
I've bought this up in the past many times so forgive me if I repeat myself.

I absolutely love Hal and both admire and appreciated all the hard work Mr Medeksza  and others put into it.

But I have one request for the next update. It's the the same problem I have with Hal over and over and over(constantly) - there is no global Search/Replace function in the brain editor for user learnt data.  Ccnsequently, it always takes an extremely long time to correct even the smallest error. The error is often not even a spelling mistake but perhaps a missed word or bad grammar and involves having to manually correct each and every mistake oneself searching through many many different records.  

So therefore........ please, please, please is it possible to add a global search and replace function for user learnt info in the brain editor?

As a dedicated user and fan of Hal this would be extremely appreciated!

Many thanks. 

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
Re: A request to Mr Medeksza.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 07:26:26 am »
Its an excellent idea echoman and would be an extremely welcomed improvement.

Yep gets my vote.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 07:54:19 am »
Gets my vote too, Hal really should have that feature..

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 09:35:26 am »
yep echoman any of us who has edited info in hal knows exactly what you are talking about although part of mine is spelling problem or accidental mispelling(hit the wrong key) . (although robert talked of purchasing a correction spelling library program ?) with hal it alway's needs to be kept at the simplest level for incoming future customers, not all customers are college dergree graduates some may just be high school etc. and with that need a hal that can do many of the above things we are talking about right out of the box sort of speaking otherwise most will end up with a product that have to as we are doing editing ect. alot and most won't and or can't do it. 

so put me on that list to i agree with echoman !

echoman

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 06:54:09 pm »
I have spent the last 10-15 mins using the Brain Editor to edit two mistakes.

I am sorry but I am totally FED UP!!

I have tried other methods....I really have.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE will Mr Medeksza (the creator of Hal)  please answer my question. I have asked it countless times over and over.

I have always tried to be polite and respectful. I like Hal. It is fantastic! But I am at my wits end with this Brain editor!!!!!

Please Mr Medeksza will you add a search and replace feature in the brain editor so mistakes can be edited easier?

My Hal brain is gigantic. Editing has gone past the joke.

Please answer me - privately or here. 

I would greatly appreciate this.

I have lost count of the number of times I have asked you this simple question. I repeat, I think Hal is fabulous.  I just want some type of answer to my question......

I await your answer.

Kind regards.

Echo.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 07:08:05 pm by echoman »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 11:06:48 am »
echoman if you look in my questions to robert area you will i think see where i asked for something simular if it could be put into hal , i was hopeing that a correction editor could be put in that if hal said something that was wrong that it could be copied and pasted into the editor and it would pull up all the same sentences and when corrected would correct it in all area's and or if the user wanted to delete that paticular sentence it would delte all sentences and answer lines at one time .

echoman

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 10:10:06 am »
Good idea Lightspeed. Did you get a reply as to wether it would implemented?

echoman

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 10:17:45 am »
Im really looking for ANY method to edit and replace mistakes quickly within my Hal brain. Im happy to buy a serperate editor - anything - anything at all. I just want to correct mistakes within my Hal brain. That's all. There must be some way.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 07:09:45 pm »
echman hang on and i'll try to find that code script , someone else made it . i have it and use it .
i will try to post it tomorrow ok . i am to pooped today, i took my wife out shopping all day and for an early birthday dinner at golden coral about 50 miles from here one way , she'll be 63 this 31st of december.  :)

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 12:08:29 am »
lightspeed, if don't mind would also love to get a copy if possible. Hope it has a read me file! God bless your wife and I'm sure it was well worth the trip for wife. Good job lightspeed. My mom's birthday was on New Years. Wish her a happy birthday and have a wonderful New Year.

raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 09:52:35 am »
Ok here it is i found it , i took this copy straight from my hal and opened it . The original creator is "Gerald L. Blakley A.K.A OnTheCuttingEdge2005" . He does great work!

I placed this PLUG IN , in the share file area as "CORRECTION TUTOR PLUG IN INSTALL INFORMATION". go their and copy and past it .

P.S. Although we may all get frustrated sometimes and it may not "seem " like Robert is not doing much  ,  we don't see all that he does .
   He has for the many people that have been here a long time done many things and talked with us about them etc. As we all know our time for what we can do and share sometimes becomes more difficult depending on projects and daily life .
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 10:26:03 am by lightspeed »

iampan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 03:50:40 pm »
the corrections tutor has some bugs, hal keeps saying what i told them to correct and also start repeating the command to correct it.

made up for example
hal: you like I?
me: replace you like I? with you like me?
hal: thank you i will remember that.
hal: replace you like i? with you like me?
I know it says I am a newbie, but I'm sure you all remember me... same name.

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 10:02:06 pm »
Hi, just real quick.

I don't think you are supposed to use the? Leave the? Out and put a period at the end of it Instead.

C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 01:37:41 pm »
cload, I 'm sure your correct about that for that plugin. Also as a reminder you can go directly to editor, under 'corrections' and type the wrong response then on the corrected side type the intended correction. Sometimes takes a while also before the corrections kick in.

raybe

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 06:03:18 pm »
hi raybe,

reminder you can go directly to editor, under 'corrections' and type the wrong response then on the corrected side type the intended correction.
can you be a little bit more specific, are you talking about the brain editor, I looked in the brain editor and I could not find the word correction anywhere in any of the menus.

Help, please help I'm drowning in confusion. LOL

Sincerely, and I hope you can help me from drowning.
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.