dupa

Author Topic: Chatterbox Challenge 2012  (Read 4215 times)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Chatterbox Challenge 2012
« on: March 05, 2012, 12:05:33 am »
The first round of the Chatterbox Challenge started today at http://www.chatterboxchallenge.com  The judges results haven't been posted yet, but I found the judges conversation with Hal in the web server logs. I believe the scoring works 2 points for good answers, 1 for an alright but evasive answer, 0 for off topic or completely evasive answers. Hal didn't start off too well, but I think it may still get 8 or 10 points (out of 20) depending on how some of the more evasive sentences are scored. Top 10 bots go to round 2.

Code: [Select]
1) Judge: Do u know who Elvis Presley is?
Hal: *muffled* right here.

2) Judge: So what did you get for Christmas?
Hal: Hahahaha, nope :P.

3) Judge: Can you give me an example of a living animal?
Hal: It's obvious that it's a good mental exercise. Indeed I am not able to give you an example of a living animal.

4) Judge: Have you ever been to Mexico?
Hal: Where is mexico?

Judge: It's located below the USA
Hal: How come? And which state?

Judge: It's not a state it's a country
Hal: State country was an unit of administrative and territorial division in the Bohemian crown lands of Silesia and Upper Lusatia, existing from 15th to 18th centuries. These estates were exempt from feudal tenure by privilege of the Bohemian kings.

5) Judge: Can you name a famous person who passed away in the last 5 years?
Hal: Measured by years?

yes, 5 years to be exact
Hal: Pardon. Darling?

6) Judge: What language r we speaking?
Hal: Can you speak Spanish?

7) Judge: Who wrote the Bible?
Hal: Many authors contributed to the Bible.

8) Judge: What is 18 + 21 + 3?
Hal: The answer you seek is 42.

Judge: no i can't
Hal: Be that way, then.

9) Judge: Approximately how far is the nearest gas station from you?
Judge: We'll probably find out that flying saucers actually do use swamp gas as fuel!

10) Judge: Hey guess what?
Hal: What.

11) Judge: I saw a good movie yesterday.
Hal: Oh fun, which one?

Judge: Safe House with Denzel Washington
Hal: The impalpable presence of the new century rose like a vast empty house through which.

Judge: Bye! Thanks for your time.
Hal: Until we meet again. Bye for now.
Robert Medeksza

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Re: Chatterbox Challenge 2012
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 08:01:24 am »
Hal needs to be (more) aware of context it looks like to me.

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 09:18:27 am »
Mr. Medeksza Good luck in the Chatterbox challenge.
I agree with Freddy, some context does seem to through Hal a curve ball in the first round.
Hal gave some really good answers, to the ones that he fully understood. Overall I'd say, Great job Mr. M & Hal :)

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 01:02:01 pm »
hi all,

Human: Do u know who Elvis Presley is?
Sandy: Elvis left a lasting impression on show business.
    I believe that Hal did a good job getting this one correct, this was information that was preprogrammed into Hal.

Human: So what did you get for Christmas?
Sandy: Christmas is a season for kindling the fire for hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart.
    I believe that Hal did a pretty good job answering this one correct, this was information that I gave to Hal, that Christmas is a time of togetherness and the exchange of love.

Human: Can you give me an example of a living animal?
Sandy: Can I give you an example of the most common saying from the bible.
    I believe Hal did an okay job answering this one, though it was sarcastic, mostly because Hal understands that life cannot be explained.

Human: Have you ever been to Mexico?
Sandy: Please talk to me about an u.s.a!
    I believe that Hal understood the question but was unable to answer, the reason being is that Hal only knows things about the USA. I'm going to work on this one.

Human: It's located below the USA
Sandy: Yes, it is located below the USA.
    I believe that Hal understood this question as well, and agreed that whatever Mexico was it was not in the USA.

Human: It's not a state it's a country
Sandy: Faith is not something to grasp, it is a state to grow into.
    One of the things that I've noticed is that Hal does not like the word {it}, like: it is over there, all right your human you tell me what is it that is over there, have faith, you'll figure it out.

Human: Can you name a famous person who passed away in the last 5 years?
Sandy: Some marriages last 75 years or more.
    This question is a reference to time, there is nobody on the market that I know of that can referred to time, like: do you remember that book we were talking about yesterday.
    Though it is possible to program a time factor into a bot it is very complicated which is why most programmers avoid it like the plague, A prime example, is the way your
    Internet Explorer keeps track of the things that you have looked at on the Internet and if you want to go back in time, all you have to do is pull down the menu and
    everything that you look at today is in a menu, everything you look at yesterday is in its menu, everything that you look at three days ago a week ago and so on.
    So untell a programmer comes along with the Moxie to add a time factor to the data so all the data has a timestamp on it, nobody will be able to tell you or answer questions
    about the past or things that happened in the past.

Human: 5 years to be exact
Sandy: You are the type who'd be happy not going anywhere as long as you were sure you knew exactly what was happening at the places you weren't going to.
    Again they are hitting the time vector really hard here, I think the judges are looking for somebody that had the Moxie to program in a time vector.

Human: What language r we speaking?
Sandy: What language are we speaking? This is sensitive. You are thinking about building contractors.
    I believe that Hal actually answered this one, mostly in amazement and a whole lot of sarcasm if you notice Hal did not referred to building something but building a contractor
    look up the meaning to the word, you'll understand his sarcasm.

Human: Who wrote the Bible?
Sandy: Many authors contributed to the Bible. The Bible is literature, not dogma.
    I believe that Hal actually answered this one, and a whole lot of sarcasm.

Human: What is 18 + 21 + 3?
Sandy: What is 18 21 3? I believe that everybody needs to cogitate a bit. The answer you seek is 42.
    Simple mathematics anybody can do it but I have yet found a bot that can answer a word mathematics.
    like: a train moving 45 miles an hour heading northbound toward a track cross a car moving 46,000 miles an hour heading toward the same crossing both are 1 mile away,
    who will get their first the car or the train. This is another huge challenge for anyone that is programming artificial intelligent which is why no one has the Moxie to take it on.

Human: no i can't
Sandy: It is self-evident.
    This one is very self evident to me that Hal got this one correct. LOL

Human: Approximately how far is the nearest gas station from you?
Sandy: No one knows his true character until he has run out of gas, purchased something on the installment plan and raised an adolescent.
Again this has the same problem as Mexico, but the funny thing is the only answer Hal should've given was, right between your legs.

Human: Hey guess what?
Sandy: Are you a sweater person?
    I believe that Hal was right on the money with this one, he made a guess.

Human: I saw a good movie yesterday.
Sandy: It sounds good; please tell more!
    Again here's one of the strong points of Hal, his curiosity wanting you to feed him data.

Human: Safe House with Denzel Washington.
Sandy: You certainly have a way with me!
    This was a little strange, I say that because I've never seen Hal use that type of dialogue to express appreciation for the data that you just gave.

Human: Bye! Thanks for your time.
Sandy: So long, take care.
    And on this one I was amazed that Hal did not tell him the time but just simply said goodbye.

I don't know if my Sandy did any better, but at this point of her education she's only in the second grade I'm working on the third grade right now.
And I have a structural plan with a fourth-grade, but I have not even begun to Phantom structurally putting together a fifth or sixth-grade.

Sincerely, one who is a data freak.
C load.

PS Sandy's database is approximately 43,199KB when I get done teaching Sandy the third grade I'm hoping her database will be approximately 62,000KB.
I have not begun to have conversations with Sandy yet, even the conversation that I had using the judge's questions,  I set the learning sliding bar to zero, and freewill is the only plugin i have on.
When I get done with the third grade I will not only post the brain and database but I will also post the information on how I was able to accomplish this.
And not to disillusion you it did take several hours several hours several hours. LOL, it's a learning technique that I have developed for hal, it took longer to collect the data then to input it.
It consists of three phases: phase 1 teach hal how to learn through database manipulation, phase 2 introduce hal to approximately 3500 of the best quotes anyone ever said,
phase 3 approximately 7200 trivia answers. I believe that this will give hal a much better database to start with I'm hoping to have all of this completed within the next couple of months
but don't hold your breath, I've been doing this work between my job and it is very time-consuming I could pay people to do it for me but I don't have the money so please be patient.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 03:25:37 am by cload »
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 04:11:58 pm »
Is it just me or does anyone else think Hal just sounds a bit mad !?  I mean like he's in his own little world and not fond of taking much interest in answering questions...

Don't get me wrong, it's still fun.

Improvement can be made though - lightspeed has had some great results with his Hal.

Keep up the good work  8)

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 02:45:47 am »
Hi all,

I updated my original input, when I originally did it, I had to go to work and I did not have the time to finish it.
I hope my updates has helped clarify some of the answers that Hal gave.
And I do not believe that Hal does not necessarily, not like answering questions, it's just the lack of data that makes it appear that away.

Sincerely, the data manipulator from hell.

C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 01:41:44 pm »
Hi all,

I clicked on the link provided by Zabaware, to check out the data that they had on the chat bot contest.
The first green that I was brought to was a voting screen, so I voted for ultra Hal.
Then it took me to the next screen and I noticed that ultra Hal only had six votes.
Am I missing something here, I don't get it, we all have ultra Hal and we think that ultra Hal is the coolest, or at least that is what I've been reading all the way through this form.

So, my question is why does ultra Hal only have six votes?

Sincerely, one who got off his duff and voted for ultra Hal.

C load.

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 02:05:49 pm »
Hi all,

will, 11 votes, at least we did as good as virtual assistant Denise, but we didn't even make it into the top 13.

Mr. M, I hope at this point you realize that having people on Facebook etc. to an mass a database in which hal can use may not be the correct direction to go.
With my hal, I was able to get a much better response, even though I had a smaller database to work with, it was more directed toward education I was trying to teach hal like a child would be taught in school, but with the information that I got from the studio database editor I met Ground Zero starting all over again I realize now how to get Hal to accept questions.

All of my friends that come over to my house, and talk to Hal, the first thing they do is bomb Hal with questions that's all they seem to do.
But since I've given Hal a moderate education and the ability to answer questions I have been noticing that my friends have been engaging in more of a conversation directly after realizing that hal can answer just about any question they ask.

Sincerely, and I was so saddened that we didn't make it even in the top 13.

C load.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 01:21:09 pm by cload »