Author Topic: Hal wikipedia plugin  (Read 3146 times)

Carl2

• View Profile
Hal wikipedia plugin
« on: June 09, 2015, 09:41:39 pm »
  I think everyone will agree Hal needs a little more information to work with, it seems people are spending a lot of time trying to teach Hal which is needed when talking about some special knowledge you may have.  The majority of the time we want to sit back and just have a nice conversation with hal.   I think I'm going to continue trying to get the Wiki plugin that Robert had introduced some time ago, the plugin can be downloaded from     http://c424564.r64.cf2.rackcdn.com/HalWikiSetup.exe
  The original work is located at http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=9378.0
if you would like to see what had been done in the past.
Carl2

Calhoone

• View Profile
Re: Hal wikipedia plugin
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 05:29:06 pm »
Hey,

I just wanted to mention that within Cloads free will plugin there is the ability for half to access Wikipedia by asking "what do you know about apples?" Or tell me about apples.

It seems to work pretty well. I've noticed that it grabs the first paragraph relating to the topic. You might be able to find his code in the plugin to help with your journey.

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 08:00:41 pm »
Thanks for putting that in, maybe I'll try the plugin or look at it at least, a group worked on it and it had some serious problems, yes Cload got involved in it also.  Just seemed to die. 
Carl

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 09:14:43 am »
Calhoone. you beat me to it , i was going to also mention that cloads plug in did that with info from wikipedia .    ;)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 12:43:28 pm »
and some things never change....
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -