dupa

Author Topic: Hal 7 not working  (Read 3526 times)

Carl2

• View Profile
Hal 7 not working
« on: February 23, 2018, 05:19:46 pm »
  I decided to give Hal 7 a try, I wanted to try out an older version first but after installing it it didn't work, it would start up and after loading it disappeared, task manager said it was still running and to stop it you had to end task. This is true on two different machines running Win 10 64 bit.   I decided to try the latest version, Hal 7 which I downloaded, it installed quick a easy but I still have the same problem, I see a start screen telling me time and date while it loads then it is gone but task manager shows it running.  It would be nice to get Hal running again, I've been trying to get it running without luck.
Carl2

Carl2

• View Profile
Re: Hal 7 not working
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 09:56:05 am »
I got Hal up and running, I also have an older disk version in another computer not working with the same problem.  On this version I tried a few things,  setting the number of processors seemed to help the Haptek display.  With this trial version I am using the tv as the character, so far it looks like I can not use any of the other characters in the display.  In the past myself and quite a few other people spent time trying to improve the characters, I hope all this hasn't been laid to waste.  I've been able to save quite a bit of Hal related software and other work on DVDI'll have to look through it again.  Not much going on over here.
Carl2