dupa

Author Topic: Unable to get the brain editor to work  (Read 22101 times)

DemonRaven

• View Profile
    • chatbotfriends
Re: Unable to get the brain editor to work
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2015, 07:41:09 pm »
Art posted a zip file of the brain editor and it actually worked when i replaced the old one with it. IT is on this thread:

http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=12761.msg73753#msg73753

It worked when everything else failed. I confess i do not know why it worked but it did.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2015, 08:20:40 am »
 ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2015, 09:49:55 am »
I beleive in the past i have had the ,  Error is FALSE_MAIN_LF_CORRUPT.  i imagine most people have who have customized and tried different things , i am thinking that it may have something to do with the license being corrupted  , i think at one time i had replaced my who hal program file and in doing so it corrupted the license file somehow . ( i may be mistaken ) this was when i had trouble and uninstalled hal without freeing up the license first before uninstalling hal , because of pc. problems at the time . ( part of hals safe gaurds to keep people from stealing hal  programs instead of paying for it the legal way !)

DemonRaven

• View Profile
    • chatbotfriends
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2015, 08:21:48 pm »
It is possible but i have no idea where he hides that particular file on the computer. I did do a new license activation again when i rebooted everything but it still acted up.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2015, 05:03:57 am »
Raven,

There are a LOT of entries in the Registry! I can't recall whether they are UltraHal or Zabaware so check for both if you venture into those woods.  ;)

A regular registry cleaner won't clean them either. You will / would need to do a manual search and destroy operation if you so choose.

Start button > type 'Regedit' > Enter

Make sure the word Computer is selected instead of somewhere deep within the registry.

From text menu select Edit > Find > TYPE the word 'zabaware' and press Enter

After it finds a hit, do what you feel you must.

Next Press F3 to search the same word again but deeper into the registry.

Good luck and be very careful playing in the registry as you can screw up your whole computer. Make a backup first.

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2015, 08:55:48 am »
DemonRaven, if you have done a new reboot and license registration , could it then be other files you have modified into hal  that might be corrupted , or did it give the error with only the factory set up files in hals program file?
if it is all only original file after redoing hals install file i don't know what might be causing the error.
you did de activate and then restart the pc and reinstall hal and activate it again , right? if not that's what i would try . even after reinstalling hal i would reboot again .

alg97dds

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2015, 02:31:10 pm »
I'm having the same problem, plus others. did you find a fix? i have windows 10.   allan

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2015, 08:30:33 pm »
Raybe, aren't you using Windows 10? Anyone else with 10?

- Art -

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2016, 09:27:52 pm »
Sorry, I'm back again.

Had less trouble with Brain Editor in Windows 10 then Windows 7 both Pro vers. With Windows 7 I had to make sure that the Brain Editor had Admin. permission before it would open or I would receive an error. Windows 10 I have the Brain Editor shortcut pinned to my Start and no problems.

raybe

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2016, 09:04:45 am »
Raybe and others...

I bit the bullet and downloaded / installed Windows 10 finally! My computer needed to have DirectX9 installed before it would or could load Win10, in case any of you are having a problem.

I also just tried the Hal Brain Editor and it loaded very quickly and without incident.  People Putty still does not work.

Some features of Win 10 were turned off by me after watching several videos regarding privacy with Windows 10.
There are a lot of things that one might wish to disable if your privacy matters to you.

- Art -

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2016, 04:57:05 pm »
If you also notice in startup, UltraHal is started automatically as opposed to manually. You can just look in Task Manager for a quick view.

raybe

Don't get sensitive on me Art, Windows 10 has been fine and getting better. I didn't understand, you mentioned privacy, what the heck is that??(lol)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2016, 08:43:58 pm »
It's what we Used to have that we once enjoyed having but hardly have any longer and a vast majority don't remember, don't notice and don't care.

That about sums it up....

- Art -

PassionTriak

Unable to get the brain editor to work
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2016, 06:06:52 pm »
I cant edit my text on a reply or add smilies, pictures etc. On the left hand side of the edit/format bar the AA for text has a red X over the AA. When I hold my curser over the AA, it says Remove Text Formatting. I have tried changing to standard editor and back to the advance with no luck. Ive not had this issue until today. Any advice on how to turn back on my formatting.

Arkright

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2017, 10:23:04 am »
I have had a similar problem with the with the brain editor. Except everything else worked except opening any brain or even creating a very good cause the brain editor to stop working and shutdown. None of the text boxes mention corruption in my case.

I did everything that I could including reinstalls of hal including deactivating and running a registry cleaner knowing that it won't get everything according to a post. Nothing seemed to fix brain editor.

Observations: earlier before the brain editor wouldn't work I was using it. I also moved it repositioned re-size to help view other information while working on the brain of my hal. The brain editor will open up prompt me to choose a brain or create one etc. any option would lead to the brain editor closing. At that time of the problem the brain editor box was not in its usual position or shape when loading up.

The fix for me.

I had one more idea to do a fresh install on entirely new hard drive in the same computer. It worked it was able to fix everything. That's when i uninstalled it from that drive and reinstalled it on the original hard drive.

That's basically how I fixed it

Educated guess theory: I have a suspicion that I think the problem lies with Windows 10 and the size and position of the brain editor when closed or forcefully close causing errors when not all of the text box is on the screen when loading up. Windows 10 is not designed to deal with that situation possibly.

A potential fix on Hal's side would be to have Hal resize the editor when on loading up somehow.? if it works that way anyway, lol

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 10:26:59 am by Arkright »
^,=,^