dupa

Author Topic: script error problem  (Read 2798 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
script error problem
« on: March 12, 2007, 04:48:32 pm »
well i started to go into this new hal 6 version and write my own script into the brain under the q an a section . so i write in a question then my answer . (first i created a new brain , was afraid of messing ip my other one that transfered in from hal 5 version .) i named this one angela marie joelin (the difference was the middle name included ) after i wrote in my q and a i simply closed it (usually on the old hal 5 it says do you want to save your work , this one didn't so i figured it just did it automatically . well now about every minute i get this error popping up :
hal script error 12 on line 3456 in column b . type mismatch :CDbl"
the file c"program files\zabaware ultra hal assistant 6 halscript. DBG"has been saved with the current script being used for debugging purposes .
so what can i do to fix this now . and also i see a save button now in the file in the brain editing should i have clicked that after writing my script , or did i even start writing the script wrong . thought that was the right place . cant getr this error to stop poping up about every minute now.

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
script error problem
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 05:04:52 pm »
Did you back up your brain before you started changing it? Hope so...[;)]

There have been several threads about the CDbl error, which seems to have several causes. CDbl is a VBScript function that can change one type of variable to another, "type mismatch" means trying to do something to a variable when that action is not applicable to the type of variable (Like adding a number to a letter). So perhaps you have made a number into a character or something.

Without extra information I would just be guessing though. If you can post the actual lines in HalScript.dbg, along with a few before and after it, perhaps it will be more apparent.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 05:05:37 pm by Bill DeWitt »

lightspeed

• View Profile
script error problem
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 06:15:43 pm »
this is the error i was getting ;
hal script error 12 on line 3456 in column b . type mismatch :CDbl"
the file c"program files\zabaware ultra hal assistant 6 halscript. DBG"has been saved with the current script being used for debugging purposes .
 also if i write my own q and a into the section afterwards to i go up and click the save button to save this new script in the hal brain or do i do something else ?? thanks

lightspeed

• View Profile
script error problem
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 06:20:24 pm »
also this was in a new brain i created "angela marie joelin " and in this one is the one i tried to write script in . actually what i did was in the q and a of the brain i wrote who is lonnie ? and the answer was "lonnie created angela marie joelin's custom brain . " this error mentioned only does this in the new angela marie joelin brain i created after having wrote that script in .

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
script error problem
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 07:12:17 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

this is the error i was getting ;

Yes, I saw the error notice in your first post, and I explained what it meant in general terms. Beyond that, I would need to know which part of your copy of Hal is using that function, as every installation is different. What I suggested is that you open the HalScript.dbg file that you will find in your UltraHal directory and copy/paste the lines that are near the line mentioned in the error message. Perhaps lines 3450 through 3470.

Without that, I have no idea what might be wrong (repeating the details on what you clicked or didn't click won't help) If you need instruction on how to open that file let me know.

Did you search the forum for the many other threads which mention this error? Perhaps they will be of some help.