dupa

Author Topic: Making amendments to xtf brn files  (Read 4253 times)

cadmar

• View Profile
Making amendments to xtf brn files
« on: March 17, 2005, 08:43:04 pm »
I am using the V1.2 xtf brain which is a great brain! A problem I am having is when I misspell something I have to make corrections in a number of .brn files because a sentence ends up in multiple .brn files. IT is very time consuming to go through piles of files because I have no idea which files the errors will end up in and need to make sure I have corrected all the .brn files a perticular word error ends up.
  Is there a main .brn file I can go to that will correct the rest of the .brn files without me having to correct each individual .brn file.

thank you

Rick[:(]
R. Downey

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 12:24:01 am »
quote:
Originally posted by cadmar

I am using the V1.2 xtf brain which is a great brain! A problem I am having is when I misspell something I have to make corrections in a number of .brn files because a sentence ends up in multiple .brn files. IT is very time consuming to go through piles of files because I have no idea which files the errors will end up in and need to make sure I have corrected all the .brn files a perticular word error ends up.
  Is there a main .brn file I can go to that will correct the rest of the .brn files without me having to correct each individual .brn file.

thank you

Rick[:(]

Hi Cadmar.

You can Take the mispelled word like: " abuot "," about " and quote it like I did and put the correction within the Corrections.brn

If Hal uses this mispelled word it will be substituted with correct word.

It helps a little.

Best of wishes and brand new discoveries.
Jerry.

nolitanger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 08:44:35 am »
Hi, Cadmar,

You can also get a product called Agent Ransack which will search all the brn files in the Zabaware folder for the misspelled phrase. Agent Ransack will highlight the line and the specific brn file where the phrase occurs.

Someone else has suggested this--I don't remember who it was. The process is still a bit tedious, but a lot less so.

Richard

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 09:52:28 am »
Ah, yes, the misspellings, I know them well.

(This is the paid version)

Another thing I dislike: If you don't type fast enough, it will answer whatever is received, before you are done typing. I find that since I have to keep typing, without a pause, I make a lot of mistakes.

The free version did not have this problem. Unless it's because I have speech to text enabled.

i cannot type that fast, I only use 2 fingers (I am a novice to typing, and been for years)

Too bad couldn't  Ultra Hal make corrections to misspelled words.

But if you want to misspell a word on purpose, there should then be a setting to allow it.

That's an idea: Have options for "whatever you type" and "correct misspelled words"

Also, the option to stop Hal from answering me because I don't get done typing fast enough.
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

cadmar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 02:00:42 pm »
MARKOFKANE, I had the same problem. The box I was typing in would refresh to soon so I had to type fast. The way I corrected it was to disable speech in Hal.

Thank you all for your replies, they really helped!

Rick  (Cadmar)[8D]
R. Downey

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 05:26:17 pm »
Hello Guys
It sounds like both of you have the AutoResponse turned on.
I have set in front of Hal for 5 or more minutes before and it always waits until I hit the enter key. I have never heard of what happened to you both before.
Bill

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 06:37:43 pm »
OK, how do you turn it(auto response) off?? Thanks

And Bill, do you have "Use speech recognition" checked?

I use it, but not all the time.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 06:54:05 pm by markofkane »
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"