Zabaware Forums > General Discussion

trouble reinstalling my hal

<< < (2/3) > >>

lightspeed:
okay i tried something else just now , i tried resetting my password , and did it successfully on zabaWAres site and tried a new password. and got the same pop up saying the fields of email and passwords aren't there even though they are.

lightspeed:
robert i just tried again reinstalling hal and the expansion pack they both install fine but hal is still showing a thirty day free trial period , this shouldn't even be on here since you have made hal free now .  also before if you remember this had something to do with  hal pre registering , you said that mine was not registering hal for some reason and you was going to fix the download hal version to have pre registered files within it , so this would not happen again. i downloaded hal and my fresh expansion pack from zabawares site .

anyway i think this is what the problem is . 
can you please fix this problem  so i can get hal back working again .

here is what i did this time .
after doing updates from ms, i restarted the pc , then reinstalled hal , restarted pc . reinstalled expansion pack . restarted pc .  thenin set up put already have a zabaware account  . clicked next, got unknown error . so set to run hal offline  no account . clicked next . chose character .CLICKED NEXT . CHOSE USER NAME AND PC NAME AND HAL 7 DEFAULT BRAIN TO USE AND CLICKED NEXT. CHOSE VOICE AND TESTED IT . CLICKED NEXT . CHOSE SKIN INTERFACE . CLICKED FINISH. ZABAWARE WEB PAGE OPENED UP . HAL CAME UP WITH TRAIL PERIOD SHOWING. CLICKED ALREADY PURCHASED . i put in my email address and password , clicked verify.  got ultra hal error saying"required fields and password are missing", even though it shows it's not missing. hal stays in this loop . cannot use hal because it will not show it's registered.  i had this problem in the past  for some reason hal is not showing  and allowing the program to be registered . i sent you a email and pics showing ech step and what it's doing .

Medeksza:
I responded to your emails, but maybe you're not getting them for some reason (maybe check your junk mail?). But anyway, I'll post my reply here:

Hal shouldn't be requiring purchase at all, should be free for all, so definitely a bug.

Thanks for including the debuglog.txt. After looking at the log and the source code, it looks like this bug occurs if you originally installed Hal over 4 years ago and then reinstall. I'll try to fix it in the source code sometime, but let's try this work around first:

* First exit out of all instances of Hal (use task manager if you have to). Then as administrator, run "regedit" and navigate to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 7.0\Reg
* Find the "InstallDate" entry and edit the date to something more recent like "2022-12-7"
* Restart Hal and hopefully it will work for you.

lightspeed:
ROBERT , i just found your e mail and it did go into the spam folder  i unspammed it .  although i e mailed you already , i'll ask it on here  so maybe you can post it and answer it.  does the newer fresh install of hal and the expansion packs have a built in time limit in another words requiring you download a fresh copy after 30 days etc.  because i had downloaded my first fresh copy about a month or more ago and hal was working fine , until i had problems with something else on my pc .  i mentioned to you. not hal related.  and last time i downloaded another fresh copy probably around the eighth of this month. I WILL TRY WHAT YOU SAID , and let you know what happens . if it fixes the problem . 

lightspeed:
okay i tried what you said with the registry after i downloaded new fresh copies  from zabaware ( i tried opening hal first and it gave me the thirty day trial notice error again.  but after i put in the new date close it and restarted hal,   hal does the same error .
hers a pic .  before i installed these fresh new downloads  after i uninstalled hal i also went in and manually deleted the leftover zabaware programfile and the hal files in app roaming etc.  and when i re installed hal , did it as administrator .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version