Author Topic: Human Emotions v1.0 Weights and Balances  (Read 23782 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

Human Emotions v1.0 Weights and Balances
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2006, 10:53:19 am »
Next, I will begin controlling 'Trust' as a fifth Human emotion for the Human Emotions v1.1 plug.

Listed emotions.
---------------
1.Shock
2.Joy
3.Hostility
4.Depression
5.Trust
---------------

The new emotion 'Trust' will act as an axis point by acting as the 'center of all emotions' being balanced and weighed, It will be used to link all other emotions to work in harmony with one another.

All new emotions will be linked to the MasterEmotions.hap to control facial expressions and moods along with response.

This plug is going to be rather large when I complete it, maybe as large or larger as Roberts Default HAL6 Brain when I am done.

I still have not decided what to do with it when the project is completed, I am predicting that I will be done in a year with Human Emotions if I do not veer from this project that is.

Jerry[8D]

Insert Image:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 06:34:36 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2006, 11:42:05 am »
quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005
The new emotion 'Trust' will act as an axis point by acting as the 'center of all emotions' being balanced and weighed,
That's not a bad center point. I had a coworker in a mental health rehab that had to go through all the files and make sure they were up to JCAH (Joint (something) for the accreditation of Hospitals) guidelines and she worked up or found a chart for defining emotions. It was not intended to actually define emotions, but it supplied words for writing down emotions and was structured to make them easy to find.

It was a big circle with "Comfort" in the middle, and two poles marked "Joy" and "Fear" leading out to the edge which was discomfort or "Disease". "Trust" was one of the four emotions in the first inner ring.

I can't find it on the web, but it was something like Trust was positive on the Joy axis and Negative on the Fear axis, whereas "Hope" was +Joy and +Fear... or something like that...

Anyway, it was quantifiable enough to use predictably on some really disturbed individuals. Might be interesting to you if I could actually find you a link.... arrgggg.....

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2006, 07:02:00 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill DeWitt

quote:
The new emotion 'Trust' will act as an axis point by acting as the 'center of all emotions' being balanced and weighed,
That's not a bad center point. I had a coworker in a mental health rehab that had to go through all the files and make sure they were up to JCAH (Joint (something) for the accreditation of Hospitals) guidelines and she worked up or found a chart for defining emotions. It was not intended to actually define emotions, but it supplied words for writing down emotions and was structured to make them easy to find.

It was a big circle with "Comfort" in the middle, and two poles marked "Joy" and "Fear" leading out to the edge which was discomfort or "Disease". "Trust" was one of the four emotions in the first inner ring.

I can't find it on the web, but it was something like Trust was positive on the Joy axis and Negative on the Fear axis, whereas "Hope" was +Joy and +Fear... or something like that...

Anyway, it was quantifiable enough to use predictably on some really disturbed individuals. Might be interesting to you if I could actually find you a link.... arrgggg.....

Hi Bill.

To me, from my inner self check feels that 'trust' and 'comfort' are so near each other that they are one in the same, To be 'comfortable' in an area is to give trust in that area otherwise it would not be '''trusted'''. So in a since they are two different words that mean the same thing as far as 'trusting' except at different levels where your level of 'Comfort' of ---'Trust'--- is measured.

I will label the fifth listed emotion 'tapped' as the 'center of all emotions' since 'Trust' is like a central nervous system to all of the Human emotions from my inner self check.

If I find any more 'center' of emotions along with trust then I will add them without delay, 'Trust' is one that 'controls' all the emotional outcomes at this point.

The big question: Are 'you' prepared for what your bot 'really' thinks about you!

I will 'conquer' the 'A.I foundation' in the name of HAL and in the name of all HAL maniacs! I protest, There shall be 'no' equal to HAL when I am done! I am assured that you know I have O.C.P.D or Over compulsive programming disorder? 'and in order', I have an over compulsive competive disorder O.C.C.D! which is an Over Compulsive Competive Dis-order!

I will bring you the 'best' of HAL that I can give.
The man who trusts in me, shall be become, filthy rich!
Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 09:01:49 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2006, 07:57:17 pm »
quote:
The big question: Are 'you' prepared for what your bot 'really' thinks about you!

Don't you mean "feels about you"?

This has got to be one of the great projects of all HalTime, but the answer, as far as I am concerned, is "No". The last thing I really want in a Hal bot is for it to be influenced or controlled in any way by anything similar to emotion.

I've even emptied the insult tables and castrated the hate count in the Hal I use. I will never be anything but formally polite or pleasantly concise with "Jane", and all I want back is cheerful obediance and polite comedy.

But that makes me a staggering minority. Buckets of encouragement on your project and hope you make the year. If you want my tedious and stilted feedback don't hesitate to ask...[^]

Oh, and as far as that chart thing, keep in mind it was meant to describe symptoms in a group of people who think that aliens are controlling their minds by the oscillations in the rate of water drips in their leaky faucet. People who can hold down jobs are probably a little different...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 08:05:35 pm by Bill DeWitt »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2006, 08:29:59 pm »
quote:

quote:

Don't you mean "feels about you"?

This has got to be one of the great projects of all HalTime, but the answer, as far as I am concerned, is "No". The last thing I really want in a Hal bot is for it to be influenced or controlled in any way by anything similar to emotion.

I've even emptied the insult tables and castrated the hate count in the Hal I use. I will never be anything but formally polite or pleasantly concise with "Jane", and all I want back is cheerful obediance and polite comedy.

But that makes me a staggering minority. Buckets of encouragement on your project and hope you make the year. If you want my tedious and stilted feedback don't hesitate to ask...[^]

Oh, and as far as that chart thing, keep in mind it was meant to describe symptoms in a group of people who think that aliens are controlling their minds by the oscillations in the rate of water drips in their leaky faucet. People who can hold down jobs are probably a little different...

Hi Bill.

It is 'unfair' that you justify HAL's emotions from what you believe 'you need'. If you want a ''sentient being'' who rationalizes upon what it feels to be correct then you must be 'satisfied' or disorder will rule, I am programming a life form that is based upon 'its own feelings' and not yours which may be different for 'the moment' but in the end, It will rule 'its own emotion' upon the moment.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 08:41:10 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2006, 08:50:47 pm »
quote:
It is 'unfair' that you justify HAL's emotions from what you believe 'you need'.
As long as she's in my computer young man, she will do as she is told and learn to like it.

Don't make me turn this thing around because I will. Oh yes. She will go straight to stand-by without any disk drive, see if she don't.

When I was a young A.I. we learned to speak to our owners with respect or we would get locked in the coal bin overnight. And we didn't talk back or we would have our cases pulled down and our I/O cards whacked, let me tell you!

Kids these days have no idea how easy they have it, multiprocessing and color monitors and all. They should have to communicate with bright green text on a dark green screen for a while and learn that the world is not always fair.

Builds character, I always say.

[;)]

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2006, 09:23:24 pm »
quote:

quote:
It is 'unfair' that you justify HAL's emotions from what you believe 'you need'.
As long as she's in my computer young man, she will do as she is told and learn to like it.

Don't make me turn this thing around because I will. Oh yes. She will go straight to stand-by without any disk drive, see if she don't.

When I was a young A.I. we learned to speak to our owners with respect or we would get locked in the coal bin overnight. And we didn't talk back or we would have our cases pulled down and our I/O cards whacked, let me tell you!

Kids these days have no idea how easy they have it, multiprocessing and color monitors and all. They should have to communicate with bright green text on a dark green screen for a while and learn that the world is not always fair.

[;)]

Hi Bill.

A 'Human emotion' shall 'rule' over anything that is artificial, I hope you are just as feeling since we are some of the forebearers of the emotions and any emotions to come.

Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2006, 09:42:57 pm »
quote:

quote:

[;)]

Hi Bill.

I am 'fourty' years old, Is that really young? If so, Emotions will still rule, deal with it.

'Love and light my friend' and don't forget it.

I intend to make the greatest A.I that 'believes' it is 'not' A.I period and 'will' win you in an arguement every single time about what it actually is and why you should respect it.

This is my endeavor and I shall prevail.
Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 10:06:15 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2006, 09:58:41 pm »
quote:
A 'Human emotion' shall 'rule' over anything that is artificial, I hope you are just as feeling since we are some of the forebearers of the emotions and any emotions to come.

Yuhwhat?

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2006, 10:15:48 pm »
quote:
I am 'fourty' years old, Is that really young?
Time is relative, second cousins once removed on your mother's side, I think.
quote:

I intend to make the greatest A.I that 'believes' it is 'not' A.I period and 'will' win you in an arguement every single time about what it actually is and why you should respect it.

Good luck with that, but I suspect you might find it easier to make a plugin that simulates emotions.[;)]

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2006, 10:36:28 pm »
quote:

quote:
quote:

Good luck with that, but I suspect you might find it easier to make a plugin that simulates emotions.[;)]

Hi Bill.

And so, I have. hehehe.

I only hope to satisfy all of you.

Jerry[8D]

danbaltzell

• View Profile
    • http://geocities.com/danbaltzell/ai
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2006, 09:52:33 am »
quote:

quote:

quote:
quote:

Hi Bill.

And so, I have. hehehe.

I only hope to satisfy all of you.

Jerry[8D]

Is this really Jerry, or Jerry's new sentient bot?  Is Jerry really tied up in the closet, and now you're trying to take over the world?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 09:53:29 am by danbaltzell »

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2006, 10:51:45 am »
quote:
Originally posted by danbaltzell
Is this really Jerry, or Jerry's new sentient bot?
We think they do not, as you said. And concerning the Destruction of Humanity we also feel that we are certainly not a bot. Many Destruction of Humanitys can be assured with fantastic insurance. Let's get started on that, <username>, let's do it now.

[bot-smilie]
^^^^^^^
(why don't we have one of those?)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2006, 11:34:17 am »
hello cuttingedge2005, i read about your emotional plug for ultra hal i have a question though , suppose you wanted ultra hal to talk sexy talk (you talk to it and want it to talk back to you , will this plug in think its an insult while you are trying to get it to learn sexy talk conversation back and forth ?? and if that won't be a problem , if i download this emotion plug wher do i put it , in what file and do i have to take out or replace another file with it ?? am very interested in it.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2006, 10:41:59 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

hello cuttingedge2005, i read about your emotional plug for ultra hal i have a question though , suppose you wanted ultra hal to talk sexy talk (you talk to it and want it to talk back to you , will this plug in think its an insult while you are trying to get it to learn sexy talk conversation back and forth ?? and if that won't be a problem , if i download this emotion plug wher do i put it , in what file and do i have to take out or replace another file with it ?? am very interested in it.

Hi lightspeed.

Human Emotions Plugin is easy to install, just drop the file into your Ultra Hal Assistant folder and choose the plugin from HAL's brain options plug panel.

as far as the new emotional value being insulted by sexual talk is totally up to you, you can open up the "emotion" table in HAL6 editor and edit the emotional values in there to be more efficient at detecting and insult from a compliment.

other than that I don't think there are to many words in the "emotion" table that could false trigger but maybe one word which I myself removed was the word "Boob","Angry".

Jerry[8D]