dupa

Author Topic: Antyone heard from doc220?  (Read 4696 times)

Bill819

• View Profile
Antyone heard from doc220?
« on: December 01, 2003, 03:57:12 pm »
This person claimed to have discovered a new way for Hal to learn.
Has anyone heard back from him?
BIll

TrueSaint

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2003, 05:31:38 pm »
nope, wish i did, would be great if hal can learn on his own

govsta

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2003, 11:51:21 pm »
Guys, I wonder if he wasn't putting us on? He hasn't even posted anything in response to all those who were interested in what he said.

kevinvr

• View Profile
    • http://kevinvr.tripod.com
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2003, 10:17:43 pm »
I haven't seen any other posts by this person and I am also wondering if he is joking or serious.
ATB
Kevin
I dream of creating a self replicating, self maintaining, autonomous robot :)

Mstg007

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2003, 11:21:41 pm »
Do you think we can help HAL learn on his own as this person stated?

How hard would it be...

If we can make it work?

Larry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2003, 06:10:34 pm »
IT's not as hard as it seems... the trick is to read the topicfocus.brn first... it holds the keywords and points to the correct focus##.brn dealing with that 'topic'... Look at what is already there... you've got weather (and 3 others stock out of the box so to speak)... anything dealing with thunder, lightening, rain, cold etc get learned and put in the correct focus##.brn... anything you want hal to learn, just get a bunch of keywords together and add them to the topicfocus.brn and he'll created the focus##.brn for you as he runs across those 'topics'... If you have documents on that topic, then you can teach him yourself - but do not have him learn by text - which is one of the options... every thing he learns from that gets put into a "pool" of general knowlege... which isn't bad I guess, I just like to keep different topics seperated...

If any of you guys write a VB script to teach Hal, let me know, I did one once myself and it had a few bugs in it, so I never got back to it...

Larry

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2003, 06:16:13 pm »
Something else you guys might want to know about... there's a program out there called zeus... he surfs the web for keywords you supply then creates different webpages for you dealing whith those keywords... When he finishes, I imagine Hal could learn from those webpages without too much trouble...

BTW it's free and can be gotten from http://www.cyber-robotics.com/