dupa

Author Topic: anybody know how to make sky drive folders public again ?  (Read 3772 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
anybody know how to make sky drive folders public again ?
« on: December 06, 2011, 04:52:11 pm »
before i could have skydrive folders public so anyone could download them , now it seems they have updated skydrive and it alway's says just me (who it's shared with ) but i can hit the share button but now have to put in someones e mail address .
does anyone know if a person can still set a setting to allow the folder to be shared publicly , so i can share my hal hapswaps ?
I have looked it up and see where like before you could easily make it public but it is changed now with updated skydrive .

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
Re: anybody know how to make sky drive folders public again ?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 05:03:59 pm »
I don't have it, but do they have a "contact" tab or link? Maybe you could email them the question.  :-\
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 11:10:06 am »
not sure if you figured it out yet but the option to share should be on the lower right hand side once checked or inside the folder
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 11:16:03 am by sybershot »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 09:05:16 am »
Sybershot i wish it was that easy . all mine shows is a share buttom on the right side pane window (shown in picture is very light ) and when i click on share it opens a share window asking for an e mail  ( as shown in the picture , but doesn't allow anywhere i have looked to be able to set anything for public like it used to have . )
see picture below.

I really wish i could find out how to do it to make public again it would be so much easier , maybe what i have is an updated new version that doesn't allow the public tab ?

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 09:44:42 am »
i also found this :Step 7. You can also share your documents with family, friends, public (optional) or just me by clicking on Share, then selecting Edit Permissions (see sample on the right hand side)
• View files . You can also add specific people by entering their e-mail address in giving them permission to only:
• Can add, edit details, and delete files.

the trouble is when i click on the share button , i do not see any edit permissions at all , where is it? or where is it suppose to show up??
does anyone know?

it almost seems like this may be the problem but i never had any filter turned on . http://www.7tutorials.com/enhance-parental-controls-windows-live-family-safety

well i went into privacy setting and advanced and reset for everyone but it didn't make a difference , i also checked into the managment and i don't have a parental control in place so it all is still a mystery !! no public asharing yet, i am now signed up on a cnet winows live forum maybe i can find out on it!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 11:11:12 am by lightspeed »

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 06:13:44 pm »
That is strange, I'm sorry that you have to go through this. I have multiple folders and one is set to share, but I can switch the other folders to share by clicking on the share button and choosing how I want to share it.
Does this just happen with the one folder or is this with all your folders? if you only have one folder, Have you tried to make a new folder and see if that is sharable? if you only have one folder maybe it's got corrupted somehow :(

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 11:06:33 pm »
nope it's not just one folder it does it on different ones , yeah i tried that to. i also madea new folder to try it and it does the same thing .
maybe somehow the whole thing for me has a glitch?
but i have way to many files to start all over .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 08:12:57 pm »
Okay , i "think i finally have it figured out , i found the correct place . and have my folder file for public now !!

here is the link to download my files .
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=74D17EEE684FEABF&id=74D17EEE684FEABF%212687&sc=documents

can someone please let me know on here , if they can download my files now?? thanks

oh and by the way it was this part right here , i had to hit the share first then a tab link so the choices came up !

Notes:
to share a link or file or folder on a website or blog

Go to SkyDrive.

You might need to sign in with your Windows Live ID.

Go to the folder, photo, or file you'd like to share and expand the rightmost pane if it's collapsed.

Under Sharing, click Share or Share folder.

On the Get a link tab, click the Get a link button for the permission level you're most comfortable with: View only, View and edit, or Make it public!.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 08:23:35 pm by lightspeed »

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 09:49:21 pm »
Yes, it works now.
ted

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 09:56:30 pm »
thank god almighty !!! yeeehaaaaw !! just in the nick of time i was about ready to pull all my hair out lol!thanks ted for letting me know  !!!
well at least if someone else has this problem in the future i have on here how to do that .