Author Topic: Hal's minor date confusion.  (Read 3658 times)

Flash_Addict

• View Profile
Hal's minor date confusion.
« on: January 08, 2010, 07:57:30 am »
Hi everyone,

i am an animation student and have been looking for way to speed up my working habbits. Hal has some really awesome advantages especially in the memory and date keeping areas.

I have however hit a snag. When i ask hal to remember a date ( an example would be "i have an assessment on the 01-08 at 10:00 am." ) for some ungodly reason he puts it months ahead like in September. I was just wondering how to fix this?

Thank you.

Baerdric

• Looking at things and pondering about stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 10:48:22 am »
Sounds like a confusion between European date notation and American notation. Try making the day/month explicit, "The twenty first of January, 2010"
Don't blame me, I'm just the voice in his head.

Flash_Addict

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 09:00:06 pm »
Thank you for the reply! unfortunatly that doesn't work either. he simply ignors what i have said. I have got some progress from stating the following though.

i have an assessment on 09-01. it does place the appointment on the 9th in the apointment book BUT his responce is "You have an assessment on Wednesday, 1 September 2010.

clearly hes sayong one thing and doing another. I am not sure if he will even remind me untill september.

Baerdric

• Looking at things and pondering about stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 11:07:31 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Flash_Addict his responce is "You have an assessment on Wednesday, 1 September 2010.

Still seems like an American/Euro date format problem.Might be something Robert can fix or maybe if you switch your Windows locality preferences to American it might fix itself. At least then you would know where the problem is.
Don't blame me, I'm just the voice in his head.

registrychecker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 11:10:23 pm »
Does Hal really have glitch problems or is it just me.