dupa

Author Topic: Stuggling to Understand  (Read 3511 times)

redthebarber

• View Profile
Stuggling to Understand
« on: October 18, 2010, 06:39:34 pm »
I've spent a lot of time reading through many forum entries. Thank you to all of you who have posted valuable information for newbs like myself. My wife, daughter and I have all come to like the Ultra Hal series very much. We are each playing with a demo in our own way. Each of us have talked about downloading a new avatar for our individual Hal. I downloaded Dennis Love's Hal 9000. I can't figure out how to install it. When I try to drag and drop according to the read me instructions I find I cannot do so. Is this because I have a demo? Perhaps its because I haven't purchased the character expansion plugin? Or maybe this is an older plug in that isn't compatible with the current Hal? I'm interested in figuring this out and would appreciate it if any of you would be willing to help.

Best,
redthebarber

jasondude7116

• View Profile
Re: Stuggling to Understand
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 10:11:52 pm »
if the character is a haptek 3d character then you need the character expansion pack to be able to install it. after that, you can install whatever haptek characters you want.

Zabaware is a good company, and I bought it just to support Robert. I don't even use a character.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 10:04:04 am »
as far as i remember the thing is though can the characters be saved ? i don't remember i know on people putty characters can't be saved .

redthebarber

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 03:42:40 pm »
Thanks to each of you. I am going to see if I can figure this out with the suggestions. By the way my Hal is called E4.

Best,
redthebarber

redthebarber

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 04:26:27 pm »
Ok now that I understand how to access the files I have the skin I wanted installed. I really appreciate the replies and wish everyone well.

Best,
redthebarber