Author Topic: Several errors  (Read 6978 times)

Lotta

• View Profile
Several errors
« on: January 31, 2010, 10:30:49 am »
I've just installed Hal assistant 6 trial to test it. There are some problems I don't understand:

- When starting Hal assistant there is two error messages that comes right after the starup screen:

Error 5:
Invalid procedure call or argument
Occured at line 1
in Ultra Hal Assistant: FrmAss.LoadSR

When clicking try again, it repeats, when clicking Ignore it says:

Error 430:
Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface
Occured at line 3
in Ulta Hal Assistant: FrmAss.LoadSR

Then I try to install text-to-speech, but the installer gives me:

Error 1609.An error occured while applying security settings. Users is not a valid user or group.

And then the installation is aborted.

I would really like to be able to try out the program in full before considering to buy, but this is really frustrating and google dont give me answers that makes sense to me.. I've downloaded and installed both several times.

Would you please help me out as soon as possible?

sybershot

• View Profile
Several errors
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 12:54:41 pm »
I don't know what the errors are but, I know a few thinks you might try.
 make sure your virus protector and fire wall is turned off, and any other programs before install. If you have vista, I had to turn of User account control one time before. this time I did not have to, strange it is.
also if you can tell us what operating system you use, it might help others to help you.  You can also search the forums to see if others had or have this problem and see what they did to resolve it using the search feature.
good luck hope the info helps so you can enjoy a great program

Lotta

• View Profile
Several errors
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 02:18:58 pm »
I have swedish winXP.

Strange, but my second problem with installing was solved... by creating a user accound named users. I don#t get it, but it worked.

As a side question, can't I have the tts to read out loud highlighted words. Like on a webpage an such? I do not want to hear every time I c&p...

Lotta

• View Profile
Several errors
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 06:48:26 pm »
Now Hal has a problem with writing to an activeX controller, and crashes once every hour or so...

Lotta

• View Profile
Several errors
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 05:03:46 am »
And the microphone turn itself on and of all the time, making both speaking and writing a pain. I have unchecked the "listen all the time"-box.

brusset.j42@orange.fr

• View Profile
    • http://shifuong.over-blog.fr/
Several errors
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 08:18:44 am »
Hey every body,
i'm new in this forum, and i'm french, so sorry for the errors of vocabulary.
I'have suscribed for Hal Assistant this week, and after the install i've an error, sorry it's in french :
ERROR 430
" La classe ne gère pas Automation ou l'interface attendu occured line 3
In Ultra Hal Assistant : FrmAss.loadSR "
So if i ignore this error, it reaper if i open the program option.

And more than that, every time i open the option menu, Hal open every time the window with : "select angeen and speaker".

Someone have an idea ??

Oh yes, my conputer is an acer aspire notebook with 2GO RAM and a AThlon 64 : 1,8 GO.
It turn on Windows XP pro Service pack 3.

Thanks a lot.

brusset.j42@orange.fr

• View Profile
Several errors
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 03:46:46 pm »
Good night,

I've a really big problem.
This night, hal start with this error :
error : unknown return-code : UNKOWN RETURN CODE :0
please contact vendor . shutting down .
So the program stop.
After, try to re execute hal :
Some vital Ultra Hal Assistant files (1) seem to be missing, modified or corrupted. This may prevent the licensing system from working correctly, with will prevent Hal from starting.
Please uninstal Hal and reinstall to correct this.

Help me please.

onthecuttingedge2005

Several errors
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 04:39:53 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by brusset.j42@orange.fr

Good night,

I've a really big problem.
This night, hal start with this error :
error : unknown return-code : UNKOWN RETURN CODE :0
please contact vendor . shutting down .
So the program stop.
After, try to re execute hal :
Some vital Ultra Hal Assistant files (1) seem to be missing, modified or corrupted. This may prevent the licensing system from working correctly, with will prevent Hal from starting.
Please uninstal Hal and reinstall to correct this.

Help me please.

Hi brusset.

it sounds like HAL did not load the HAL6.uhp on start up.

if HAL's icon is in your system tray then right click on it and choose brain options, reselect your brain and then deselect all the plugins if checked, click apply.

if this solves your error then you can reselect your plugins and continue operation.

if this does not solve your problem then it may be the HalTrial.Lic file might be corrupted or missing, if this is the case you will have to completely uninstall HAL and reinstall with a new Trial license and or reset paid license. only a specific license will work with your computer I think, the installation I believe makes a small finger print of your computer and attaches that info with the license information when it is registered. if you have problems you will have to contact Robert to help you reset HAL's License.

try it and see if it helps.
Jerry
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 04:47:15 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

onthecuttingedge2005

Several errors
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 04:59:29 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Lotta

I've just installed Hal assistant 6 trial to test it. There are some problems I don't understand:

- When starting Hal assistant there is two error messages that comes right after the starup screen:

Error 5:
Invalid procedure call or argument
Occured at line 1
in Ultra Hal Assistant: FrmAss.LoadSR

I believe LoadSR stands for Load Speech Recognition, if it is not installed you might receive this error.

quote:

Then I try to install text-to-speech, but the installer gives me:

Error 1609.An error occured while applying security settings. Users is not a valid user or group.

And then the installation is aborted.

you are getting this error because you tried to install with out administration permission.

if you have administration permission then I suggest right clicking on the setup program and choose 'Run as Administrator'.

it should solve your problem, I hope.

Jerry

brusset.j42@orange.fr

• View Profile
Several errors
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 04:38:02 pm »
Hello,

Thanks for your answers, so i reinstall hal, i stop try to install other agent or skin : it works really good, no more error.
In case on, i redownload the istall file, wash mey registery base.
Hal works.

If there others problems, i repost.

Bye see you later.

margocale

Run time error 5
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 05:03:18 pm »
I have loaded words into hal and clicked Convert text into wav audio file.

It asks me to save, which I do and then an error message opens saying "Run time error '5': Invalid procedure call or argument.

I have uninstalled, unzipped again and installled but still get the same message.

Help anyone please to correct!!