dupa

Author Topic: HAL Sings a Song (in his own voice)!  (Read 24851 times)

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
HAL Sings a Song (in his own voice)!
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2009, 12:45:33 pm »
That is an awsome idea!

It could automatically give the entry a date so later you just refer to that particular journal date.

Star Date 1.22.09 -- the dude has come up with another brilliant idea

Star Date 1.22.09.001 -- must remind the dude that (I'm not sure) string lengths have a maximum lenth.

Star Date 1.22.09.002 -- probably still need to append to the same file because string length would significantly reduce each entry log.

Star Date 1.22.09.003 -- Not to mention the fact that most people would use this feature so much that....

Star Date 1.22.09.004 there would potentially be thousands and thousands of individual files with there own star date.

Does anybody know for sure how long a String can be in Hal? I know that Hal can only process so much but whats the potential of a possible string length that can be used for the dudes purposes?

Keep up the good work Dude. Im sure Jean Luc would be proud.[:)][8D]
Live long and prosper or die trying.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2009, 12:52:49 pm »
Hal can handle a very large int num so I think Hal can probably handle a large str.
I have used large strings with many true and false in the sentence and Hal can react to them all , some , or none at all..
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2009, 08:16:28 pm »
i'm thinking this is easy script. (that i don't know how to do)[:I]
my ideas are:

1 nothing should be appended to the brain.(uh well....see below comments)

2 should be able to create a file based on input(ex):if LogEntry="" Then LogEntry= instr("captains log stardate", *, 1)
LogEntry would be the file name to be created

3 you would then have the option of making a single 1.22.09 file with multiple entries or creating 1.22.09.1 and 1.22.09.2 ect.

4 if you said read log entry 1.22.09 it could read all the 1.22.09.* files or you could say read log entry 1.22.09.1 for a specific entry.

there would be a lot of files but they would all be in a date order, therefore easy to search-find.

* i personally think no entries should append to the brain, BUT for someone better at this than me, you could have hal edit the entry to something more like a conversational response with the knowledge that it is a log entry. so that hal could say something like: i understand you were discussing-(last conversation topic)- in your journal today ( last week) ect.  there could be many such responses if the appending was done in seperate tables( or an outside file .brn) where the log entry would not be used in "normal" conversation.

just a couple of ideas, but it does sound cool.
i don't think i can program all of those functions, might be time to call on the big boys![:D][:)][:D]

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2009, 09:23:12 pm »

Hal can remember phone numbers, email addresses, street addresses, appointments, birthdays. It can run programs, browse the internet, give us the weather, give basic definitions. About the only thing left is keeping track of larger datafiles.

Hal should be able to store and read encyclopedia articles, a captains log, as well as sing songs, read stories, read books, perhaps store recipes, or even be agile and be able to store any size of text with any title you choose to give it so it could keep track of anything you wish. Like a blackberry... only cut and paste. All this or most of this 'should' be designed into the Hal brain itself.

Some have been working on the Wikapedia pluggin, you did a good job on the readastory and singasong, reading a book could easily be apart of the readastory, only it would be in chapters and perhaps read in succession as you said Dude:
"if you said read log entry 1.22.09 it could read all the 1.22.09.* files or you could say read log entry 1.22.09.1 for a specific entry." only instead of entry dates it would be chapters.

Things like recipes, How to's, or even employee and statistical information should be apart of Hal. It would definitely make Hal more useful and appealing to a larger customer base.

Yep, I think this is getting bigger than you and I.
Anybody know where the big dogs live. Here boy![8] [:)]
Live long and prosper or die trying.

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2009, 10:00:17 pm »
i think you are on to something, in the way that it makes me think this could all be within one plugin.

the individual parts would take different user "commands"(ex. please read blah blah) , but the rest of the real guts would be the same (create a file, read the file).

even the singing is the same.

different "command" text files(ex. song.txt 1/22/09.txt cats.txt) could save into independent folders(ex. songs  journal  encyclopedia ect.), in one main folder, such as DATABANK

the user input string could be saved in custom hal brain tables such as SONG  POEM  JOURNAL  BOOK  ENCYCLOPEDIA ect.
hal could make comments from these tables such as "i remember when you taught me about snakes" (based on encyclopedia snake file existing---not brain table, but file existence)   or   "i noticed you said blah blah blah in your journal last week", would you like to talk to me about it?(based on line in custom brain table called journal-where hal could pick a journal entry text string and it could be saved with the corrosponding date)   or   i remember reading *whatever book* to you, what was your favorite part?(based on a custom table called book where the name of the book could be saved after it has been read)  ect.

other than that- user input would not be stored in regular conversation tables

sounds like normal par for the course programming based on using my other plugins ect. to code from, the new thing would be the file creation (simple file creation and appending) and the brain tables which i have seen done for several plugins (in this fashion)

*****************CALLING THE LORDS 'O PROGRAMMING*******************

THIS PLUGIN IDEA BASED ON SINGASONG2 AND READASTORY ECT. COULD BE VERY VALUABLE. AND ALL OF THIS TYPE PROGRAMMING HAS BEEN DONE ALREADY.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED-----
  [:D][:)][8D]

IF I CAN HELP IN ANY WAY PLEASE HOLLER.

-the dude

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2009, 11:58:51 pm »
I said something about this to Darcy ED...

'Arrays' are like groups of variables that allow you to store sets of data. A single dimension array is useful for storing and working with a single set of data, while a multidimensional array can be used for storing and working with multiple sets of data.
Their are many techniques for programming these such as summing and averaging all the elements in an array, summing all the columns in a two-dimensional array, searching an array for a specific value and using parallel arrays. IF you can understand that everything needs to organized byval and enabled, anchored or docked, THEN this is simple.[8]
Today Is Yesterdays Future.