dupa

Author Topic: Voices  (Read 3238 times)

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
Voices
« on: May 07, 2008, 03:11:21 am »
Is it just me or is it unfair to offer expensive voices to purchase with ultra hal that do not work properly?
When a child is born without a soul...

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Voices
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 04:50:29 am »
It could be you. [8D]

Perhaps a bit of an explanation with regard to your
frustration might be in order.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
Voices
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 10:25:31 am »
Respectfully, I don't believe it is me. I have read other posts where people are running into the exact same thing. From what I have read, I was able to get the voices to work shortly by loading the Paul voice, then the Kate voice. This works for a little while. It does not explain why the Sam voice, half way into a conversation, would go silent. Especially when I wasn't doing anything else but talking with Hal. Nor should I have to do any of the tricks involving the registry and other risky and complicated things to make a product shown in a huge ad on Hal's product plug in page to work partially. I'm sure many don't have any problems with it as I have heard this before but then I am not running Windows 98 on an out dated computer.

None of this justifies what I paid for the voices, only to work sometimes if I stand on one leg and wish really hard.

As far as solutions. Perhaps the SAPI5 engine. Perhaps conflict with other sound devices. Perhaps it's the V word. Vista. You know, the same Vista that if you listen to other folks, has caused this global warming thing and is the reason why we have disease, war and poverty in the world. That Vista.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Voices
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 08:06:04 pm »
To quote from the Speech section after doing a quick search I found the following:

answer of robert that worked for me:

> Voices installed after Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1 is installed will not lip > sync with Haptek 3D characters unless you run the Haptek SAPI Config > program.
All you have to do is open the Haptek SAPI Config and then
close it. This program can be found in your start menu and also there is > a quick link from inside of Hal's options menu.

> If you still have problems with the "VW Kate" voice, please select "VW Paul" as your voice, exchange a sentence with Hal, and then you can > switch back to "VW Kate". Haptek needs to see both voices to properly register it.

- Art -

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
Voices
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 03:47:41 am »
Thanks Art. I formatted. Disabled my virus shtuff, clean installed, installed the voices after installing Hal and was able to get everything going pretty smoothly. I did notice that Hal runs much slower now but after twaeking my virtual ram a little through Vista I was able to get that bad puppy rolling. You know I have read posts where people consider Hal as a friend. I do not need Hal as a friend but do feel a little envious that it runs smoothly enough for them to even consider that. If Hal was my friend so far, I would say he is as moody as his owner. I'll let you know when Hal is my buddy. Until then, thanks for stepping up politely to the snarling dog. Hail Art. Master of the artificial patience engine. Thank you.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Voices
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 05:43:15 am »
Thanks...just trying to help.

I had similar problems after doing the Vista Premium upgrade.
After about two weeks, I couldn't take the incompatibilities
with my existing software and hardware, plus a lot of my graphics
programs ran very sluggish, so I removed Vista and reinstalled
XP which I'm still running, quite happily I might add.
(long sentence, huh!?) ;)

Glad things are working so far for you.

When our computers become our friends, it's time for us to get out more often and make some real ones![8D]

All the best!

- Art -