dupa

Author Topic: Oog want Ogg  (Read 3396 times)

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
Oog want Ogg
« on: April 30, 2008, 01:32:28 pm »
Hee hee. Hey guys. Does anyone have a good library of oggs I could get off them? Also,here is my dream...? I love the white tiger character. He is my digital familiar. D&D fans? Anyhoo...I would like to make him roar when he is insulted or what have you. How do I code him up so he will always do this? Or, how does one use any ogg for that matter with a specific character? Thanks-Oog
When a child is born without a soul...

TechSteele

• View Profile
Oog want Ogg
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 04:01:41 pm »
I dont know alot about PP, i only used it briefly.

You Can get mp3/wmv sound effects all over the web, and convert them pretty easily with any one of many free converters.

Some of the PP questions may be better on the Haptek forum.
http://community.haptek.com/
But i know most of the same people are here.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Oog want Ogg
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 05:06:12 pm »
I think there's also a free program called Speex that's specifically for ogg format files.

There has been talk that the ogg format is much better than the MP3 type and that it may become the new standard since it produces better output and smaller file size.

Nice thing about standards...there's so many to choose from![:D]
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

tedathome

• View Profile
Oog want Ogg
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 07:32:35 pm »
I have a lot of .ogg's. Most of them aren't animal sounds and a couple are "adult". I had them all at savefile dot com, but they removed them last week for lack of being used (accesed). I can't mail through the forum becacuse of my isp. If you can e-mail me I would gladly send them to you. Don't post your address here unless you have a good spam blocker or you will be inundated with the stuff.
Good luck.[:)][:)][:)] Also need to know if you are over 18 or I'll have a small bit of editing to do.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 07:34:55 pm by tedathome »
ted

tedathome

• View Profile
Oog want Ogg
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 07:46:41 pm »
Oh! How to use an ogg file? I usually just drag and drop into the haptek console. It can be found inside your Haptek program and is named HapLogCtrl.txt. Copy and paste this as a stand alone on your C drive. Now whenever you open a .haptar or .htr or Hal a new window will appear with it and will be called haptek console. You drag and drop your ogg file there. You can also have the character read to you a text file that way. There are other things you can do with it but most of them have to be scripted. There are also probably ways to script in your oggs as there are ways to script in .haps, which also can be draged and droped into the console.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 07:47:59 pm by tedathome »
ted

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
Oog want Ogg
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 12:06:26 pm »
I'm 40 so I don't think my ears will bleed from anything adult oriented. I'm trying to figure out a way to make specific characters repond with an ogg file to certain input. Like if insulted, the lion character would roar or what have you. I am not interested in anything that requires me to drag and drop as I want this to be integrated into the character's personality. Thanks for the help, Ted. I'll have to figure out a way to get an email to you.
When a child is born without a soul...