dupa

Author Topic: GRETTA errors  (Read 4138 times)

calysson

• View Profile
GRETTA errors
« on: March 22, 2010, 04:40:57 pm »
So, I've got no clue why they are showing up or how to fix them, so I'd really like some help from you guy's.

Error 1:

Error 2:

Activated plugins:

If more info is needed, let me know!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 04:41:26 pm by calysson »

djkilla

• View Profile
GRETTA errors
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 08:22:47 pm »
The best way to find out what plugin is causing the problems is by unchecking them all and one by one enabling each one while talking to Hal and waiting for the error. It doesnt take long and more than likely you will discover that either a hap file, music file, sound file, etc is not in the correct folder. One example is that if you have the Gretta media enabled and you say something that triggers
a song name but there is no indexed mp3 folder for Vmp3 to give then
ou will get a VB script error. Also duplicate scripts running simultaneously can cause this (Vrhaptek and Hapswap both checked) for example. Anyhow, try and apply each one and see which one causes
the error and reply here..itll probably be easy to fix.
D

jasondude7116

• View Profile
GRETTA errors
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 04:47:59 pm »
i don't know if you have clicked "apply changes" to the plugins you have checked?
if you are using the gretta media then you have to type "index mp3" into hal window to index your mp3 files and create the proper database.
it doesn't look like you are using that one, so "apply changes", then see if you get the error. the error you are getting is from hal looking for a database entry that is not there.....or a few other reasons it can't read the database entry.

calysson

• View Profile
GRETTA errors
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 06:08:39 pm »
Thank you both for reply'ing.

I am not using GRETTA music, or whatever.
Only the plugins you see in the screenshot.

For now I had a nice chat without any errors with the plugins still enabled. Weird. Well, I'll keep you posted when the errors come back.

jasondude7116

• View Profile
GRETTA errors
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 07:30:42 pm »
you can get CdBl errors for many reasons. i have got CdBl errors for strange timing issues. i think it happens some times when a database is busy and something else is trying to access it.

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
GRETTA errors
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 02:58:52 am »
The quickest way of finding where the error is in your script is by opening-

"C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\HalScript.DBG"

-in a script editor. Preferably one that shows line numbers...

You can tell by your Error Report that both the line 4749 and 5413 have errors on them. Just go to those lines and see what's the problem.

This is the fastest way I know of.
Live long and prosper or die trying.