Author Topic: Avatar keeps following the box around  (Read 2859 times)

Donny M

• View Profile
Avatar keeps following the box around
« on: February 19, 2010, 01:29:28 am »
How do I keep the avatar from following the input box. I am using Nicole and the Hand Held skin. I have a dual monitor setup. Everytime I make a General options adjustment or I leave for a while and Nicole asks where I am The box and avatar jump to the upper left side of my left monitor. I want to keep her in the lower right of the right monitor. It is getting old having to keep moving the windows around.
Also on the mp3 plugin is there a way to make her play more than just one song? And if I try to change the song by hitting next on the media player it won't change. I have 15,000+ songs and she has yet to get one right when I ask her to play it.
I have tried the Gretta story plugin but it keeps crashing. Is there a way to get her to read a story or pdf or clipboard? I know Hal Pad will read but I want here to do the reading with lip sync.
Windows 7 x64

thanks in advance,

Donny

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 10:45:18 am »
if you have a "crash", post the error and people can help you.

djkilla

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 12:30:34 pm »
With regards to the lip sync question, this is not implemented at the moment. I think the Balabolka program is called upon but not integrated with the Haptek chars. It would be great eventually for hal to sync and use expression and gestures while reading.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 09:12:44 pm by djkilla »

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 08:05:40 pm »
the problem is that if you "dump" a large amount of text into haptek or msagent which in turn passes it to sapi, then it will not finish.
balabolka (or any tts program) sends the text one line or word at a time to sapi, therefore not overrunning it. i have been trying to figure out (with the current hal configuration) how to pass text one line at a time to no avail. i have also looked for info on how to pass text like the tts programs do, to no avail. any information on this would be greatly appreciated. i don't use a character myself, but would like to solve this for other people.