Author Topic: GET BRAIN EDITOR HELP HERE!  (Read 9794 times)

lcatmc

• View Profile
GET BRAIN EDITOR HELP HERE!
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2008, 01:52:11 pm »
Have you checked out systran translator? It comes in widget form but it can translate whole paragraphs into any language.  I don't have the skills to write a plug in based on it but I know you do.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2008, 02:02:41 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lcatmc

Have you checked out systran translator? It comes in widget form but it can translate whole paragraphs into any language.  I don't have the skills to write a plug in based on it but I know you do.

Hi lcatmc.

I went to systran translator page but it doesn't look like they have a trial version that I can peek into.

Jerry[8D]

lcatmc

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2008, 06:10:58 pm »
I have the widget version of their translator. I got it for free from http://gallery.live.com/results.aspx?pl=1&bt=1&q=translator.  There are several diff kinds there that you may be able to peek into.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2008, 08:56:52 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lcatmc

I have the widget version of their translator. I got it for free from http://gallery.live.com/results.aspx?pl=1&bt=1&q=translator.  There are several diff kinds there that you may be able to peek into.

Hi lcatmc.

widget version requires windows vista, I am running win2000 at the moment, I did so because there are certain games like diablo I like to play but can't play on win vista.

if you could look into the folder of the translator and put the .dll and any .ocx files in a zip and upload them to a post here then I can peek into them to see if there are options to call from.

Jerry[8D]

lcatmc

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2008, 06:55:36 am »
Hi Jerry,

Sorry, been a little busy.  I'm not sure how to get into the program so I can do that for you.  If you can give me an idea about how ot get into it I will zip it and upload a link for you.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2008, 07:01:08 pm »
The brn file that was contained in the plug-in you downloaded might have been made for Hal 5.0 instead of ver 6 or 6.1.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

psopcmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2008, 02:22:39 pm »
I just stumbled upon this website last night and am trying the trial version of Ultra Hal etc. One thing I noticed is that the included brain editor doesn't match the documentation i've found on this forum. Is this because the documentation is old, or because the full version has a different editor.

I'm a bit loathe to purchase something if the documentation is off, you understand.

-Jenny

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2008, 09:26:09 pm »
Although the documentation as shown on the web page is somewhat "dated", most of it should still be applicable
to ver.6.0 or 6.1.

The old Hal used to save a lot of small topic files based
on one's conversation.

Ver.6.0 & 6.1 make use of a more structured database with
tables. For the most part, Hal's response times have improved
and plug-ins can be written to perform a variety of tasks.

Try Hal and explore the forum messages. Ask any questions or
use the Search feature at the top right to look for a specific
topic of interest.

Welcome and good luck!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -