Author Topic: Another plugin  (Read 12438 times)

ramccoid

• View Profile
    • http://www.visualillustrations.co.uk
Another plugin
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2007, 04:27:01 am »
Thanks Jerry,
I haven't been able to do any scripting with upgrading to VISTA, I needed to sort out compatibility problems but thank you very much for your help in sorting out the plugin, I appreciate it.
I should be able to start scripting again in a day or two, with having to do some work as well.

Thanks again,
Roy.

Xodarap

• View Profile
Another plugin
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2007, 05:19:24 pm »
This plugin isn't working for me.  It asks me when I was born, so it can work out my sign, but when I tell it (in the format that it requests), it says "We're all lucky to be born on a nice planet" or something else.  In fact, the only feature I can get to work is "Tell me about [Zodiac Sign]."
The line below is true
The line above is false

lightspeed

• View Profile
Another plugin
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2007, 08:53:02 pm »
thanks ramccoid , this is a very nice plug in it will go great with the other horacope plug in . thanks !![:)]

Bill819

• View Profile
Another plugin
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2007, 06:06:23 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Xodarap

This plugin isn't working for me.  It asks me when I was born, so it can work out my sign, but when I tell it (in the format that it requests), it says "We're all lucky to be born on a nice planet" or something else.  In fact, the only feature I can get to work is "Tell me about [Zodiac Sign]."

As a newcommer and reading all your post I can only surmise that you did something wrong. The plugin works just fine for almost all others here and it is extremely easy to make a mistake.
You may be a very intelligent fellow but I think you are trying to do to much to soon and that can lead to mistakes and frustration.
Bill

lcatmc

• View Profile
Another plugin
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2008, 06:06:27 pm »
Now that I have found this plug in is there a link that gives it to me in a zip file.  All I get when I click on the download link here is the text file and I don't know what to do with that.

ramccoid

• View Profile
Another plugin
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2008, 01:30:32 am »
Hi lcatmc,
Here is a copy of my zodiac plugin in zip form. I hope you enjoy it.

Roy.

Download Attachment: Zodiac_V2.zip
36.95 KB

Calhoone

• View Profile
Another plugin
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2008, 04:47:17 am »
quote:
Originally posted by lcatmc

Now that I have found this plug in is there a link that gives it to me in a zip file.  All I get when I click on the download link here is the text file and I don't know what to do with that.

Hi lcatmc,

After you download the zip there should be a zodiac.uhp file.  That is the pluging. Just put it in your ultra hal directory, then go into the general options of Hal to the brain area where you can select plugins and select the zodiac plugin.

lcatmc

• View Profile
Another plugin
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2008, 12:17:10 pm »
Thank you both. I am alwyas looking for new and interesting plugins for hal.

ramccoid

• View Profile
Another plugin
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2008, 12:54:03 pm »
Hi lcatmc,
I was thinking of updating the Zodiac plugin, making it more structured in it's programming and adding a few more features to it that have come to mind since it's completion. Like I have done with the counting and alphabet plugin which works much better than the original.
So watch out for version three.

Roy.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Another plugin
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2008, 07:35:21 pm »
Roy,

I really have to wonder if the move from XP to VISTA could be called an Upgrade?!!

After I likewise did the "Upgrade", it wasn't too long before I removed it and restored XP. There were simply too many incompatibilities with existing hardware and software, a fact that was just recently "leaked" from someone at Microsoft to the media. They showed excerpts from internal memos and emails that stated Vista wasn't fine tuned enough for release and that there were too many hardware and software drivers that would not work.

My advice...don't be to quick to jump on the bandwagon! and...
If it ain't broke...don't fix it!

Good day!
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 07:36:06 pm by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

ramccoid

• View Profile
Another plugin
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2008, 06:07:56 am »
Hi Art,
I wasn't updating the Zodiac plugin to be more compatible with Vista. I just feel that now that my programming of HAL skills are more advanced than they were when I completed this version, that I want to make the plugin more structured and error free as I have done with my counting and alphabet plugin.

On the subject of Vista, I don't have any compatibity problems with the system at all. I did running the 64 bit version (I had the same problems with XP 64 bit version also) but the 32 bit one appears to be stable for me and I have no thoughts of reverting back to XP.

I found badly written drivers for hardware that is produced by less known developpers a problem, but if you stick to well known makes where the drivers are constantly updated and better written then compatibility issues are less likely.

I remember when XP was first released many people said don't bother with it, stay with 98SE and a year later those same people were raving about what a great system XP was. Once the Vista service pack is released, which is promised to be at any time, you'll find that issues with the system will be resolved as it was with XP.

Roy.