Author Topic: how to save user files in dragon speak naturally  (Read 2262 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
how to save user files in dragon speak naturally
« on: October 07, 2011, 11:37:24 am »
i am posting this for any one that has dragon speak naturally voice recognition software , i guess i didn't save the actual link but i did copy all the information and here it is : voice recognition can be used with hal artificial intelligence programs.

Exporting and copying user files with Dragon NaturallySpeaking

Dragon NaturallySpeaking stores each users voice files in the following locations, depending upon the version of software you are using some of the folder names will be slightly different:
¦Version 8.1 - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ScanSoft\NaturallySpeaking8\Users\<profile name>
¦Version 9.5 - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Nuance\NaturallySpeaking9\Users\<profile name>
¦ Version 10 - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Nuance\NaturallySpeaking10\Users\<profile name>

Note: You will not be able to locate the Application Data folder if your computer is set to the default manufacturer settings which hide selected files and folders. In order to view your hidden files and folders you will need to:
¦Open any folder (or Windows Explorer)
¦Select Folder Options from the Tools menu
¦Click the View tab
¦Click on the Show hidden files and foldersoption
¦Click OK

There are two ways to back-up or export your user files. The first way is to use the Export function provided within Dragon NaturallySpeaking. The second is to manually locate, copy and re-install the files from one location to another.

The Export Function

To export your user files using Dragon NaturallySpeaking:
 ¦Select NaturallySpeaking from the Dragon Bar
¦Choose Manage Users
¦In the Manage Users, User box select a user profile from the list and click the Advanced button.
¦Choose Export to open the Browse for Folder dialogue box where you can select the folder to export the user files to.
¦Click OK to begin the export process. Make a note of the location where the user files are being exported to for future reference.

The folder that the user voice files are being exported to must have read and write permissions. The Windows Desktop or the My Documents folders are recommended locations. The voice files can also be written to a removable media such as CD-R, DVD or USB pen drive for installation on another machine. DO NOT copy your voice files to a CD without first compressing them because they will be read-only and thus you won't know which files need to remain read-only and which files need to be changed back. Always zip (compress) your voice files before copying them to the CD-R.

Manually Copying and Exporting User Files
 ¦Navigate to the appropriate location depending upon your version of Dragon NaturallySpeaking.
¦Compress the folder of the user you wish to move and copy it to a removable media, such as CD-R, DVD or pen drive. DO NOT copy your user's voice files to a CD without first compressing them because they will be read-only and thus you won't know which files need to remain read-only and which files need to be changed back. Always zip (compress) your voice files before copying them to the CD-R.

Re-installing User Files on a New Machine
 ¦Create a new user within Dragon NaturallySpeaking on the new machine. Ensure that this user has the same name as the voice files that are going to be re-installed from the old machine.
¦Launch Dragon NaturallySpeaking and complete stage 1 of the training process then exit Dragon NaturallySpeaking without completing further stages of training
¦Unzip the folder containing the user profile, that you have exported or copied, into the appropriate users folder for the version of Dragon NaturallySpeaking you are using
¦Launch Dragon NaturallySpeaking