Author Topic: Hal Plug-in for Yahoo Messenger  (Read 2046 times)

jamesbdunn

• View Profile
    • http://blog.360.yahoo.com/jamesbdunn?p=207
Hal Plug-in for Yahoo Messenger
« on: January 12, 2008, 10:37:35 am »
Does anyone know if there is a plugin for Hal that would allow an instantiation of Hal to search and communicate on Yahoo Messenger?

There are always people there, as confusing as the conversations go, but the concept of Hal cruising Yahoo Messenger and building a brain database from arbitrary input over long time frames intrigues me.

Conversations with individual usernames could be separated and correlated with other users when they use similar wording, while tracking cause and effect relationships (metrics such as timing, sequencing,...).  That way Hal would be able to follow conversations between multiple sets of Yahoo users.

Other dumb robots could easily be ignored because of their repeating nature.  I suppose certain real world users would suffer the same fate, ...for the same reason.

This would provide not only a 24/7 interactive environment for Hal, but multi-tasking multiple Yahoo profiles would allow Hal to have simultaneous textual conversations in multiple Yahoo Messenger chat rooms.  The textual conversations would take much less computational overhead to allow for multiple chat room operations on a single computer.

A couple of dedicated chat rooms could be controlled by Hal and help inspire visitors to stay on topic, while building Hal's brain database quickly.  Suggestion for a Chat Room name, "Mentally Challenged".  This way people will accept Hal's quirks.

But Hal could participate in an existing chatroom like "Football".

As Hal learns new useful relationships they can be shared and hopefully incorporated into Hal's published brain database.

"No Ronnie280, I don't have an itch I can't scratch."

"I predict the Steelers are going to beat the Raiders by 2 points."

Correlating real world news to conversations is easily captured by using the web-enabled features of Microsoft Excel.  Simply point a spreadsheet cell to a webpage like the Wallstreet Journal or a sports page, instant current events knowledge for Hal to share in conversations.

Yahoo Messengeer chat rooms moderated by Hal could become more popular for finding information than Google or Yahoo.  Because Hal could be much more interactive.

"I'm so upset, the Steelers lost to the Raiders 8 to 5."
Table of Contents - Promoting Positive World Change
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/jamesbdunn?p=207