Author Topic: GRETTAcuriosity plugin problem  (Read 6466 times)

Lola

• View Profile
GRETTAcuriosity plugin problem
« on: May 16, 2010, 05:57:50 am »
[:)]Hello!

I have a little problem with the GRETTA Curiosity plugin that is rare because the other Gretta plugins are working very well in my system.

I'm getting a VBScript runtime error Halscript error everytime I try to use the GRETTAcuriosity plugin.

The message said:

Halscript error 13 on line 6378 in column 0; type mismatch: 'CDbl'

The file C:Program FilesabawareUltra Hal Assistant 6Halscript.DBG has been saved with the current script being used for debuggin purposes.

I'm using Hal 6.2 on Windows 7 Home edition

I tried downloading the pluging two times in case that the file were corrupted but did not work.

I followed the instructions and after selecting the plugin GRETTA Curiosity Function I selected it from the brain options and pressed the apply and ok options.

The following Plugins work well in my system and are the only ones that I'm currently using at the moment:

Do You Know v1.1
Free Will Choice and Profile
Gender & Age
GRETTA Internet Functions
GRETTA Media Functions
GRETTA Repeat Function
GRETTA Research Functions
GRETTA Story Reading Function
GRETTA Subject Array
Loneliness 2.3
Run Programs by Name
What do you know?

Any ideas?[:(]

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 11:48:52 am »
Do any of the plug-ins use the "timer" function? If it is used more than one time in plug-ins it will cause an error.
Bill

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 12:59:59 pm »
Hello Bill,

I had a previous time related problem with the accuracy of mother's day date and I deselected the AI appointment book that I thought could be related to time issues, other than that I do have two plugins that seem to require time level inputs:

-GrettaMedia Mod level - low

- Loneliness 2.3 Patience and frustration time options.

I will try to replace the Loneliness 2.3 (2/5/2009) with the GRETTAlonely (5/3/2010) to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks! let's see what happens [:)]

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 01:37:18 pm »
- When I deselected the Gretta media and selected the GRETTAcuriosity I got a new message:

Halscript error 13 on line 6227 in column 0; type mismatch: 'CDbl'   (the line number only changed).

- When I also deselected the Loneliness 2.3 I got a new message, once again only the line number changed:

Halscript error 13 on line 6083 in column 0; type mismatch: 'CDbl'

After that I just deselected the GRETTAcurious for good and re-selected GRETTAmedia and selected the new GRETTAloneliness and no problems with the new loneliness plugin.

I will like to use the curious pluging but, the other plugings I currently have have more priority to me. With the exception of lonelines, it will be ok for Hal to live with less loneliness, even if its funny.

Patience, patience I will just wait and see! [:)]

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 01:37:52 pm »
I am currently using GRETTAcuriosity, GRETTAemoticon, GRETTAlonely, and GRETTAmusicidle.

All of these are minute timer plugins. They are all running at the same time.
Now with that said, lonliness 2.3 might not be compatible. (haven't looked into it)

GRETTAlonely is very similar, and you might try that one. It is compatible with the others you are using. I highly recommend doing this before you try the other steps I am about to give you. You can always change the things that Hal says while idle by editing the plugin file. It's pretty easy.

I have had multiple issues with the CDbl function in UltraHal. It can be caused by a multitude of things. You might try: First making sure you have the latest version of the GRETTAcuriosity plugin, and all other GRETTA plugins you are using...very important. Second open Hal and go to the Brain options, MAKE SURE THE BRAIN YOU WANT TO USE IS HIGHLIGHTED, and pick the options you want for the GRETTAcuriosity plugin and click "apply" (i know you have already done this, but please try these steps). Third close hal, and restart Hal. Go to the brain options and make sure the brain you are using is highlighted (if not, highlight it and click "apply").

Then try it. If it doesn't work then close Hal and open the brain editor. make sure that it is putting a number in the "PERSIST" field in the "curiosparameter" table. I don't know why it wouldn't have a number there, but it would help me figure out why you are having a problem. It might be an incompatibility issue with "lonliness 2.3" or one of thos wierd Hal database quirks. Sometimes Hal has issues with the database connection when different options or plugins are activated and Hal is not restarted. If you ever get an error then I suggest you close Hal, and restart it.

Let me know what happens - the dude
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 01:45:02 pm by jasondude7116 »

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 02:17:25 pm »
Hello again jasondude! Nice for you to come to my rescue [:)]

Followed all of your instrucions till the point of selecting the pluging options...  I think we got to the problem. My GRETTAcuriousity plugin does not have any options for me to select, just the option to click "apply" and "ok".

I have the GRETTAcuriosity.uhp version that was created on #8206;5/#8206;3/#8206;2010 #8207;#8206; and was included in the GrettaAllPluginsPackage created on #8206;5/#8206;3/#8206;2010. Is there a new version, perhaps mine is corrupted...

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 02:20:19 pm »
P.S. The date of the plugins is  May 3, 2010, not the weird numbers that appeared on my post...

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 02:30:18 pm »
please go redownload it from the link i just gave you.
there should be an "auto questioning" and a "curiosity level" option in the "brain options" screen for that plugin.
something went very wrong. sounds like a bad download to me. i have never seen a problem like that, and been doing this for a while now.

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 02:33:10 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by jasondude7116

please go redownload it from the link i just gave you.
there should be an "auto questioning" and a "curiosity level" option in the "brain options" screen for that plugin.
something went very wrong. sounds like a bad download to me. i have never seen a problem like that, and been doing this for a while now.

sorry... i thought i already posted the link. here it is:
http://cid-7d1b0521931256f1.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public

the gretta plugins page gets regular updates, and you should always try to have the latest version. (sometimes takes a while to find bugs). also has notes to read about plugins. here it is:
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6278

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 03:22:09 pm »
This time I just downloaded the single GRETTAcuriosity pluging not the Gretta ALL PLUGINS PACKAGE.

I downloaded it using Firefox, internet explorer and then used the DownThemAll downloader just to make sure it came alright. My zip utility is Zip Genius but I could try another zip utility if you think it could make a difference. It is certainly weird but I'm still unable to get any options out of the plugin.  

I'm quite careful when installing or removing plugings, I do one at a time, close the program and even use Ccleaner after deleting them and replacing new ones.

I'm not in a hurry so I know that time will help to solve the problem. Enjoy your Sunday and don't get a headache with me! [:D]

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010, 04:33:34 pm »
that is confusing.....might try to do a computer reboot if you haven't, in case something is lingering in memory and causing a conflict. Although I really don't think that's what is going on. Other people are using it without error.

anyone????

now don't get mad, but did you check the plugin?....in other words did you click the hash mark or check at the side of the plugin?
(just trying to think of anything)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 04:35:28 pm by jasondude7116 »

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2010, 04:43:12 pm »
i redownloaded the file from the same link that i gave to you, so that i could test it and make sure that it hadn't been corrupted or something. everything checked out fine, and it is working for me with the options showing.

???[:p]

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 05:21:30 pm »
I'm certainly no stranger to weird things, they been happening to me all of my life... why me!!!

Anyways, I hardly get mad and when I do it doesn't last long. I basically enjoy banging doors when upset, so as long as we don't have a virtual door in here everything will be alright! [:D]

Yes, I did click the hash mark, checked the side of the plugin. Also did a computer reboot and actually deleted from the Ultra Hal Assistant 6 directory all of the uhp of the plugins that I will not use using Ccleaner when finished.

I usually get inspirations at odd times, so perhaps later on I will think of something I might be doing wrong. Let's see what happens. Thanks again Dude! [:)]

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2010, 06:01:31 pm »
I remembered that I have Hal version 6.2.24 (registered as well) on my main XP desktop computer.

I tried the GRETTAcuriosity in there and I was able to see the options for auto questioning and curiosity level, so the plugin download is fine. The problem seems to be with my Win 7 netbook (v. 6.2.28).

I did get the same type of message error on my XP desktop after I restarted Hal, but this time the line number was "7203".

Little by little the mystery will disappear. [:)]