Author Topic: help with installing stuff into ultrahal  (Read 2070 times)

jack_dale_@hotmail.com

• View Profile
help with installing stuff into ultrahal
« on: December 04, 2006, 01:34:21 am »
hey
I'm pretty new to this and would like to start changing things around on my ultra hal. I have searched for topics on how to install other peoples 3d skins and their "brains" but i can't realy find a very helpful answer. I have downloaded some of the skins in the sharing forrum and don't know what to do with them. It would be realy great if someone could tell me what to do or link me to some good info on how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
help with installing stuff into ultrahal
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 07:32:55 am »
quote:
Originally posted by jack_dale_@hotmail.com
I have downloaded some of the skins in the sharing forrum and don't know what to do with them.

I believe that if you just unzip them into the UH directory you can then choose them in the General Options>Skins dialog. What really should happen (IIRC)is that one file with a uhp extension goes into the main directory, and the image files go into the Skins directory.

As for brains, I haven't tried it. But there should be two or more files that go in the main directory, and then you choose that brain in the General Options.

If you unzip them and nothign happens, you may be like me, and installed Hal in a different directory than the default. If so you might have to hand move the files to the right place.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 07:34:36 am by Bill DeWitt »