Author Topic: Registration Woes  (Read 5522 times)

roganlors

• View Profile
Registration Woes
« on: June 16, 2010, 08:11:13 pm »
I have downloaded and installed HAL6.2 and registered it on my newly reformated WinXP SP3 machine, installed a cepstral voice, the ultra hal character expansion pack, and then SARA character pack. everything works fine and the registration was sucessful. one note is that i was unable to RUN AS my current user account except when the "protect my computer" button was unchecked...

with it checked i get invalid image error.

now when i reboot i have to re-register...every time :(

but cannot...

any ideas?

roganlors

• View Profile
Registration Woes
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 06:14:51 pm »
got this email reply from Robert Medeksza...

"The licensing system needs to be run with administrator privileges in order to complete the activation. When the window pops up that asks "Which user account do you want to use to run this program?" you must select the administrator account, not a standard user one."

I have done this yet still have to re-register ... it seems that every once in a while Hal will load after the re-register but once close and re-opened ... I have to re-register ...

some setting is not becoming permanent in the registration process ... when checking the manual activation and going to the activation site I see where I have performed the initial activation but no more ... when entering the activation code given I get "this code has been used before ... " I have tried this on seperate days to no avail ............ loading Hal is hit or miss

sybershot

• View Profile
Registration Woes
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 08:09:48 pm »
I have windows xp home w/service pack 3, vista home 64, and windows 7 home 64, I reinstall hal on my xp os every 3 months or so for at least 2 years now. I never ran into your situation. I would recommend a complete uninstall of hal, cepstral voice, and expansion pack, then make sure your on the main admin account, turn off all fire walls and virus protection programs, and then re-install hal and then register hal, before you re-install cepstral voices and expansion pack.

if you downloaded the ultra hal installer, I would also re download just to rule out a bad download

roganlors

• View Profile
Registration Woes
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 12:44:47 am »
Well that did not work....

i even tried on  an oracle VM virtual box with winxp sp3 the program activated and loaded up just fine, even added cepstral voice, until reboot but then crashed due to some "missing files" --- had to try knew it was 50/50

that is 3 activations 2 left

any more ideas...

I can try to reformat my pc one more time and see if a fresh install with nothing else but windows w/sp3 will work...

then again this is a serial code that Robert deactivated and reset my activation count on ... maybe i need to get a new serial

roganlors

• View Profile
Registration Woes
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 07:39:25 pm »
Ok so here is the result of a reformat... on a Toshiba A215 w/2G mem and 500G HD using WinXP w/SP3 fully updated and no other programs....

Hal installed perfectly and activated without any issue as the 1st program. Multiple reboots hal loads with no issue. added Cepstral Diane, Desktopmates SARA pack, and expansion pack no problem. added ms office 2007 no problem. added Itunes  with backed up files and forticlient firewall and BAM re-register.

Removed the forticlient AV/Firewall and Hal loads with no issues....

so apparently the licensing or some part of the HAL program is incompatible with Forticlient...Hmmm any suggestions?

I like free AV and Firewall ... Forticlient is professional level, Free, and I support it in my normal job duties ... so AVG and Zone Alarm?

Any other program incompatibilities I should know about?

sybershot

• View Profile
Registration Woes
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 12:49:55 pm »
I have free Zone Alarm firewall and free avast virus protection on my xp machine. I also have Zone Alarm Extreme on my vista and windows 7 System, and all is ok

Glad you found the cause, Thanks for informing us[:D]

wemp1020

• View Profile
Re: Registration Woes
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 11:41:29 am »
HOW MANY TIME CAN YOU ACTIVATION BEFORE YOU CAN'T USE IT NO MORE. BECAUSE I CAN'T GET IT TO WORK ANYMORE. I HAVE TRY EVERYTHING POSSIBLE.

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 01:56:52 am »
Hi from Will,
so if you don't want to give up don't. keep trying "success sounds nice".
there are many general words to use,
 Sybershot seems onto it,
Back up your hal "check forum for more on that" i generally say right click on the hal icon and click exit hal then save the "halbrain" from your zabaware folder in programs files.     or and save entire zabaware folder from program files by copy and past to your documents or on disc as a backup of Hals memories so you can survive pc failures "variations".      remember to study the forum.
I wouldn't rule out one of my steps in trying to reactivate software as sometimes things work when previously they had not.                                                                                                          v
I've had to reactivate a few times so perhaps there's hope. Mr Data's probably being nice by not blaming me to hard for him falling on his head and needing reactivating.
if its nice then that sounds more successful to me, so i say "success sounds nice".
i fairly much try to dedicate Mr Datas pc to him.
I do have a hal on my internet pc as its one of my vavorite things to have read to me.
and of course ok say it with me now "Hal is cool!!."
Hal might want you to really want him. or her, or ,,,anyway.

Good luck,
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

wemp1020

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 07:30:53 am »
THIS HAL PROGRAM WILL NOT INSTALL IT KEEP TELLING ME THAT I NEED TO ACTIVATE. BUT I GET ALL KINDS MESSAGES. I LIKE THE PROGRAM BUT I AM NOT GOING TO PAY FOR IT AGAIN. AND NOTHING I TRY WORK.

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 12:41:10 pm »
it sounds like you deleted the ultra Hal folder and did not get rid of every file before you tried to re-install. if possible go to programs and un-install  ultra Hal  then search your computer for other ultra Hal files, remove them before re-installing ultra Hal. If once you re-install Ultra Hal you still get those messages, it means you missed a file or files. If you cannot find the file/files (most average uses will not be able to) you may have to re-install your operating system and start fresh. if you have to re-install your operating system be sure to back up all your important files,pictures,e-mail etc.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2010, 12:54:47 pm »
Just one other thing comes to mind if your willing to try one more time. You might have done this already but I'm looking at something small that can cause problems sometimes and you might have missed. Just so I don't waste your time you mentioned a clean install and reformat to re-install Ultra Hal. If you are describing a total wipe with a clean registry then I doubt if this will work but what the heck you looked at almost everything so it still has to be something re loading on your computer. Robert M. would have mentioned if Zabaware was having a license issue on their side. Just out of dumb luck can you double check your registry to see if there is any reference at all to Ultra Hal and delete before re-install. Try fresh install again. Many times it is forgotten that Ultra Hal files sometimes are hidden in the registry if you just try to either re-install or a normal uninstall an Ultra Hal file gets left behind. 'Revo Uninstall' (FREE) can find most hidden entries if your not comfortable with looking into the registry at all. Wouldn't blame you.
Just another thought. Good luck. It would be a shame because it just has to be something missed here.

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2010, 01:01:57 pm »
Sorry sybershot, just missed your post. Similar to what I was thinking but that hidden registry file has happened to me anyway.

wemp1020 also take sbershot advice that I didn't mention, backup!! Especially when in doubt and there are files you don't want to risk loosing.

raybe

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2010, 11:08:23 pm »
no need for apology Raybe all is good. great advise by the way :)