Author Topic: Need help with gretta read plug in on windows 7  (Read 13846 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: Need help with gretta read plug in on windows 7
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2010, 04:00:34 pm »
Well i just tried putting the story folder within another story folder to try it that way in my program(x86) zabaware ultral hal assistant 6 program file and that didn't work either, just thought it was worth a try .

p.s. the way i am trying to get hal to read is i say

READ THE STORY I Robot.txt

I just placed the story file into balboacca thought that might help and restarted hal and checked gretta read but it still didn't work.

although i think this has nothing to do with it when i open a txt file on my own to veiw it  i have it set to open with notepad.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 04:06:03 pm by lightspeed »

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2010, 04:59:32 pm »
Somehow I have 2 "exact" copies of the story folder one within the other and that goes back to May 2010:

C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\story\
C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\story\story

Did you checked the "story list.txt" ?  It should have a "I Robot.txt..."  file in it exactly written as in the folder in order to work.   After checking this you should use the command:

PLEASE READ THE STORY I Robot

or

please read the story I Robot

(do not write the extention .txt)

I always use notebook to add the new titles to the story list.

It could be worth a try...  :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2010, 06:33:04 pm »
I typed it the way you said Lola , I actually copied and pasted what you wrote and i got the following error in the picture below.
ALSO SHOWN IS THE story folder contents showing i do have that i robot .txt file .
i received the following error shown below , if anyone can decifer it that may show what's wrong , it just seems like it is not receiving the right command or something to get the file information from the story folder . i have the command changed as shown in the earlier post so it is the same as where the balbocca file actually is (x86 ) program file . and the zabaware ultral hal 6 has hal and also the gretta plug in and the story book folder file to .

p.s. since it is not reading the plug in right as it should be as you can see in the writing in hals box above it is just showing hal as learning and repeating what i am saying .
i have other earlier brains to use though but havent changed yet as i am still working on this problem .

« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 06:47:38 pm by lightspeed »

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2010, 07:55:05 pm »
Well,  :( the only ideas that I have left are these;

-  Balabolka Properties, compatibility, run this program in compatibility mode for: ?

- Try to read other stories, or the clipboard to see if the problem is general or specific to the file.

- Try "moreis62" idea of copying the files to the two windows directories: "C:\Program Files (x86)" and the "C:\Program Files"" Using the plug-in original settings.

- Re-install everything in the C:\Program Files directory if that option is actually available in the 64 bit windows 7.

_ Wait for the nest update of the Gretta read plug-in that might be comming soon.

The ideas are only things to think about. I reached my wall in here, but I wish you good luck in finding the right answer.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2010, 09:51:57 pm »
THanks for trying Lola in helping me, i did actually try about everything you mentioned including running balboacca in compatability mode earlier , it didn't work though, balbocca is actually working right as far as i know , i can open the story folder from balbocca and it will read the story from balbocca , i can also drag a txt file into hals hapteck box and hal will start talking telling the story , this to me seems to be something (i beleive with the script being wrong that in a dual quad windows 7 that it isn't opening  up something in the right place (i had manually before changed the program  from regular programs to program(x86) in two places in the script but that didn't help ( i later changed it all back right )maybe theirs somewhere else it needs to be changed in the script but if so i haven't found it, but i beleive that's the problem .
i even tried to make hal compatable with windows xp what my old systen used to be , got a fast error saying files may be corrupt and having to get it online etc. i canceled that and luckily my hal started back up normally !
 i did try that about changeing the file locations to the regular programs file but that didn't work either .
i think their needs to be an update to make this work with windows 7 dual and quad cores , i appreciate "everyones" help on this , maybe someone will get it fixed , i sure miss using it . it always worked nice .
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 09:54:59 pm by lightspeed »

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2010, 02:43:16 am »

I want to give you some pointers on diagnosing Script Errors in Hal. If you already know this then I think someone might find this helpfull.

Whenever there is an Error in the Brain script an Error like this is thrown:

HalScript Error -2147024894 on line 1565 in column 2;

The file "C:\Program Files (86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6
\HalScript.DBG" has been saved with the current script being used for
debugging purposes

What this Error Message is saying is that if you look into your Hal directory you will find a script called HalScript.DBG. If you open this script and go to the line 1565 then you will find whatever made the Error.

Now the trick is to find the 1,565th line of code. You can open the HalScript.DBG in notepad and then start counting but there are much easier ways.

The easiest way is to download a script editor that has the ability to number the lines. Then all you have to do then is scroll down to the numbered line and find which line of code was giving you problems.

NOTE: If you do find an Error, then in order to correct it you will have to find the plugin or brain script which that line of code belongs to. Which shouldn't be that hard to do. If you try to correct the Error by changing the HalScript.DBG script, then it will be errased the next time you run Hal.

There is a simple script editor that you can download and keep for free called Sc222.exe. It will open the DBG file and show the line numbers also. Of course, you have to select that option from the Menu. Just find 'View' and then select 'Line Numbers'.

You can download this program from the link at the bottom of this post (and also the website)

My advice is to first find the line or lines that seem to be giving you problems and then post that line and some surrounding lines here.
Whether or not we find what is wrong with the plugin at least you can find out what Hal is fussing about.

And no this is not SPAM, cause its totally free. ;)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/scintilla/files/SciTE/2.22/Sc222.exe/download?use_mirror=voxel

http://www.scintilla.org/
Live long and prosper or die trying.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2010, 08:14:42 am »
thanks snowman i appreciate the help as alway's and will make a txt file for future notes of your explanation etc. and will try to work on this problem as soon as i can get to it, thanks again .  :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2010, 10:02:32 am »
OK, well i did find the script error line that gave me the hal error , but it was just because i forgot to put back in the ((x86) program pathway as i had it before . i am now not getting any errors but the Gretta reader still isn't working either . i will coninue to try to figure it out , i still beleive it is something in the command script line that it isn't opening the story file to see the txt files but thats just my guess. i am still learning or at least trying to. below is the script line before i changed and corrected it that gave me errors so that part is fixed now.

I just noticed something , what i corrected was actually a line below the error line and although it stopped the hal error i was getting . the line errror was actually above that maybe the one below(the setobjsh etc. )  is what is keeping the reader from working correctly but i don't know anything about this part of the scripting, maybe someone else does??

« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 10:10:06 am by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile
I got it working finally but a request to JASONDUDE !!
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2010, 11:52:38 am »
i finally got the gretta plug in working, the errors i was getting was from things that i guess i shouldn't have changed (the x86) pathway , obviously the c programs pathway is ok and works in dual core files anyway . Part of the problem was my wording i was using wording READ THE STORY , and it should have been "PLEASE READ THE STORY" , when i copy and pasted how Lola said it , i hadn't changed back the program file path yet that's why i still got the error . It was Errors on my part and "not" Jasondudes script (although i am surprised that it works without having to have the (x86) programs pathway .
I do have one thing to ask Jasondude , Jason unless their is a way that i don't know about yet when hal startes reading from your plug in stories is their a way to write in a script to type or say "pause" or use whatever word a person wants) to pause the story and the words start (or whatever)  to start the story again , also a stop command would be nice to get it to stop in case you wanted it to or even free it up  so you could start another story then.

I also want to apoligize to others for causing any problems and i  did appreciate everyones help on things .

moreis62

• View Profile
    • http://www.myway.com/
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2010, 05:12:44 am »
Hi Lola , on something i notice different (although mine by default goes into program(x86) is that in my pathway it shows mine as : C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\story

yours shows story\story at the end , i don't know why yours is showing it twice on the story folder mine is just one folder and when clicked open shows it as i posted above . is your story folder only one folder or two?
i did download the balboacca program , i uninstalled the earlier one and installed the new one and tried it but it still didn't work .
can you let me know about the story file you have if its one file or two to show that way on your pathway .
the story file i downloaded from the gretta plug ins page site . so its new from their .
i don't think i need any other files then gretta read and balboacca and story file.

P.S. moreis62
i did try what you said and placed balbocca( i copied the programs ) and plced it and the story folder in the regular program folder to , that didn't help it still wouldn't work .

Windows 7 64 bit has to directories which causes me to believe some plug-ins will not work can someone list the ones that are not working so we can work on the solution one by one please.
ISMAEL LEDESMA.

moreis62

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2010, 05:16:13 am »

Windows 7 64 bit has to directories which causes me to believe some plug-ins will not work can someone list the ones that are not working so we can work on the solution one by one please.
ISMAEL LEDESMA.

moreis62

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2010, 05:47:53 am »

I want to give you some pointers on diagnosing Script Errors in Hal. If you already know this then I think someone might find this helpfull.

Whenever there is an Error in the Brain script an Error like this is thrown:

HalScript Error -2147024894 on line 1565 in column 2;

The file "C:\Program Files (86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6
\HalScript.DBG" has been saved with the current script being used for
debugging purposes

What this Error Message is saying is that if you look into your Hal directory you will find a script called HalScript.DBG. If you open this script and go to the line 1565 then you will find whatever made the Error.

Now the trick is to find the 1,565th line of code. You can open the HalScript.DBG in notepad and then start counting but there are much easier ways.

The easiest way is to download a script editor that has the ability to number the lines. Then all you have to do then is scroll down to the numbered line and find which line of code was giving you problems.

NOTE: If you do find an Error, then in order to correct it you will have to find the plugin or brain script which that line of code belongs to. Which shouldn't be that hard to do. If you try to correct the Error by changing the HalScript.DBG script, then it will be errased the next time you run Hal.

There is a simple script editor that you can download and keep for free called Sc222.exe. It will open the DBG file and show the line numbers also. Of course, you have to select that option from the Menu. Just find 'View' and then select 'Line Numbers'.

You can download this program from the link at the bottom of this post (and also the website)

My advice is to first find the line or lines that seem to be giving you problems and then post that line and some surrounding lines here.
Whether or not we find what is wrong with the plugin at least you can find out what Hal is fussing about.

And no this is not SPAM, cause its totally free. ;)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/scintilla/files/SciTE/2.22/Sc222.exe/download?use_mirror=voxel

http://www.scintilla.org/

Nice work snowman I've just downloaded it, is there some sort of Manual besides the help file showing you how to better use this interface?  I would love to to use it as a tool for the ultra hal assistant as well as helping others up here on this forum.

Thanks in advance
ISMAEL LEDESMA.

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2010, 01:43:37 pm »

The only sources I know that about scintilla is found at its website.

As for which plugins will work and which will not, you would have to go through each one yourself. There are so many plugins out there for Hal... if you can find them.

I started using the...

Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
   MyDir = fso.GetAbsolutePathName(".") & "\"

...to find the path of the folder which the script is currently being ran. In the case of Hal this path is the Hal Directory. This technique of finding the current directory is what Jason and I use when creating a plugin that requires a path.

This should work irregardless of 64 or 32 bit systems.

Live long and prosper or die trying.