Author Topic: New User/New project: Ultra HalVI  (Read 4839 times)

d_vyn1

• E. C. G. The Foundation
    • View Profile
    • PureTek Solutions
New User/New project: Ultra HalVI
« on: October 29, 2010, 10:17:59 pm »
Hello everyone
It is a pleasure to be posting among all of you brilliant creators of artificial personalities. I'm new to hal scripting but I've spent the last few days familiarizing myself with the structure of the program an I'm pretty confident that we can modify the brain to do some amazing things, not that here aren't some amazing things being done with hal right now. I've also browsed a plethera of user scripts and found that you guys have done some wonderful things with the "program interface". Over the last three days I've looked at much of Hal and the community that supports her and have found, unsurpisingly to you veterans, that ultra hal is an incredible chatterbot program with remarkable flexability, but it remains, even with a full library of plugins a patern searching chatterbot. After reading the various posts on this forum and others geared towards Hal development I have drawn the conclunion that the ultimate goal of this community is to modify hal into a program that exhibits a more intelligent AI as oppossed to spitting out predefined responses. Although Hal is an excelent chatterbot it is missing some vital features that will make it a true AI. (ex semantic reasoning, recursive refference, automomous environment modeling, recursive mem organization (contemplation) and self programing.) these features among others will make it far easier to simulate thought in Hal. Luckilly hal is extendable enough to where these features can be scripted in.
I am a c/c++ programmer and although I can read and understand any code I'm not too comfortable coding VBS as yet but I have learned alot about the language over the last few days as well a autoit for this reason most of my early code posts will be writen in Java Script, or pseudo c++
but I'm sure you guys will be able to make use of it. Java Script is usable by hal by the way. Something I'm not sure of is if java script plugins can be called by the VB hal brain or will I have to rewrite the brain in J Script to run my plugins I'm sure they can.

The future is now and every moment hereafter

jasondude7116

• View Profile
Re: New User/New project: Ultra HalVI
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 09:26:27 pm »
sounds very interesting!!!

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 08:26:35 am »
HI AND WELCOME    d_vyn1 !    It's alway's nice to have new blood and more points of veiw expertese , etc. we look forward to seeing some new idea's etc.  :)

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 09:56:11 am »
Hi d_vyn1,

Welcome to the forum!  I would love to hear more about your ideas.
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com