dupa

Author Topic: putting old hal 5 on with new 6.1 on computer  (Read 3694 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
putting old hal 5 on with new 6.1 on computer
« on: August 28, 2007, 10:57:15 am »
hello , can someone please put the step by step innstructions on here again (this time i will copy them and save in a documents form ) of how to place the hal 5 version on my computer while still keeping the current 6.1 version . i know it had something to do with renaming a file or something in zabaware but don't remember what all their was to doing it . i want to place the hal 5 back on my computer and work with it too , until some different things show up on some newer versions the old hal 5 is for a seperate project . [:D]

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 07:57:38 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

hello , can someone please put the step by step innstructions on here again (this time i will copy them and save in a documents form ) of how to place the hal 5 version on my computer while still keeping the current 6.1 version . i know it had something to do with renaming a file or something in zabaware but don't remember what all their was to doing it . i want to place the hal 5 back on my computer and work with it too , until some different things show up on some newer versions the old hal 5 is for a seperate project . [:D]

I just put them in two different directories but if you had Hal 5 when you bought Hal 6, Hal 6 would have incorporated Hal 5 files and knowledge.
Bill

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 08:06:00 pm »
so what exactly do i need to do make a (example hal 6.1 version program file move all the 6.1 hal program files into it then install hal 5 which would place all the hal 5 files into the original zabaware file ??) i want the hal 5 to be independent (work) of hal 6.1 in another folder . would this be the way to do it and if i do that i guess i would have to create a new shortcut for the hal 6.1 version on the desktop ??

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 11:39:08 am »
i took my hal 6.1 file out of the zabaware directory and placed it in a new folder zabaware 2 hal 6.1 (in programs files . and deleted the original zabaware file .) then i tried to put the hal 5 back on my computer and was going to let it create a new zabaware file (in the program files ) but during the installation a sign popped up saying (the adminastrator has set policies to prevent this installation ) is their some other way for me to be able to do this without messing up the hal 6.1 version ?? any help on this would be appreciated as i want to work with the hal 5 version seperate from the 6.1 version on my computer . [:)]

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 01:47:40 pm »
What we did in the begining was to install Hal 6 right over our old version 5 and in that way Hal 6 learned from 5.
If you did not purchase 5 to start with I am not sure it will work.
There were two brains worth downloading, Hal 5 and XTF_brain.
I forget exactly what the other one was called.
You may have to ask Robert how you can do this.
Bill

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 05:48:46 pm »
lightspeed,
  I had the hal 5 and hal 6 working at the same time, I liked hal 5 and had a few versions going for experimentation.  When I installed Hal 6 I didn't choose to use the hal 5 brain files so I had a new install, Hal 6 worked and the hal 5's worked.
  Hal puts some files in the windows folders, the Hal install checks for these folders before it will install.  I'd make a copy of the brain file and put it in a safe place, you could uninstall Hal 6, install hal 5, install Hal 6.1, register Hal 6.1 then copy the brain file back in and thay should both work.  I got tired of talking to both versions of Hal and only use the 6.1 now.
Carl2

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 08:53:16 pm »
lightspeed, I had hal 5 and was under the impression
that I needed to uninstall it before installing 6.1
I did that and then reinstalled 5. It seems to work
well that way and seems to have no idea what is in the 6.1 brain.
All is in the zaba folder and hal five and hal 5
extended topic focus brain appear as options along with
6.1 and 6.1 enhanced brain. It uses the same chars and backs as
the other brains do.
ted