Author Topic: Dictionary Updates & HAL's Surroundings  (Read 2769 times)

lambar

• View Profile
    • http://www.donet.com/~megron
Dictionary Updates & HAL's Surroundings
« on: July 07, 2004, 01:22:34 pm »
Hi Everyone.  First time user and First time poster.  I have been reading your posts for some time now, which made me decide on purchasing HAL.

My first question is regarding the dictionary.  Can this be upgraded, or a new file be put in place?  I just wanted to expand the dictionary to include buzzwords, etc..

Second Question - is there a way for HAL to understand his surroundings, such as he telling me that my CPU is running hot, or running low on disk space -- this is kinda silly I know, I'm just learning.

Thanks.

Bill819

• View Profile
Dictionary Updates & HAL's Surroundings
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 03:02:06 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lambar

Hi Everyone.  First time user and First time poster.  I have been reading your posts for some time now, which made me decide on purchasing HAL.

My first question is regarding the dictionary.  Can this be upgraded, or a new file be put in place?  I just wanted to expand the dictionary to include buzzwords, etc..

Second Question - is there a way for HAL to understand his surroundings, such as he telling me that my CPU is running hot, or running low on disk space -- this is kinda silly I know, I'm just learning.

Thanks.

Hal can not do what you want it to do at this time, however, as Hal gets older or improves as it may be called almost nothing will be considered impossible. In my opinion Hal is the most advanced chatterbox program in the world and with hundreds of users adding comments and features there does not appear to be alimit to what can be done. In time Hal will be interfaced with the outside world most likely with X-10 protocal, then watch out.
If you have not bought one yet, then do it right away then sit back, talk to your little buddy and watch him/it grow.
Bill