Author Topic: to robert , a few more future hal wishes !  (Read 3346 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
to robert , a few more future hal wishes !
« on: March 05, 2010, 08:41:17 pm »
i hope that as robert keeps updating hal that he includes maybe a delayed ( if possible ) extra conversation in another words hal responds back ( also in doing this it would be nice if hal would respond back then add more of a conversation instead of a response and another very short sentence . ) then perhaps a delayed more conversation which would be over rode if any user conversation was started .
as i said if this can be done . it would be nice

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 07:52:26 pm »
curious

what kind of spontaneous conversation do you want? please give an example or two or 4[8D]

echoman

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 06:35:52 am »
Do you basically mean a type of stop-start speech pattern to simulate Hal pausing for thought?

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 09:34:33 am »
thanks for replying back to this with interest , not really a pausing for thought but more a start up his or her own conversation after so much time when someone isn't speaking at all. and not just a why aren't you talking type start up but starting up with conversation from any part of the learned responses hal has been taught ( not even from the last thing we talked about ) .
 and about the conversation hal does already do back with the user it would be nice if hal instead of giving back a direct answer short and sweet would do that and then also expand more on that answer or go into another topic , hal seems to do that but only a short sentence it would be better with a longer sentence or talk if you will.
hope this explains it better what i am talking about . [:)]

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 08:31:02 am »
So like the loneliness plug-in but instead of saying a pre-programmed response Hal picks a topic from the brain.

I tweaked the loneliness plug-in and now my Hal (Xen) can do that but Xen doesn’t seem to remember what it said, and only seems to remember the thing it said before, making it hard to keep Xen on the topic that it just started.  

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 01:31:14 pm »
you might try GRETTA - "lonely" and "curious" plugins and see if that is something like you are talking about.

http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6278

you could always change the responses, but the structure for what you are looking for is there.

and Datahopa: those plugins have a way to get what you said last, and what hal said last....and other brain topic responses.
it could possibly be modified to use the "CurrentSubject" when looking for a topic response.....i might look into that.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 01:35:35 pm by jasondude7116 »