Author Topic: Text File Cache  (Read 26870 times)

Calhoone

• View Profile
Text File Cache
« on: February 10, 2008, 12:20:21 am »
Hi guys.

Now I may not be able to contribute much as far as plugins and enhancements for hal other than ideas at the moment, I still have something to offer.

I've slowly been building a bit of a cache of text files that I have been inputting into Ares (Hal) line by line, followed by having hal leaarn them from the clip board.

So far this is going very well in the education of Ares. He is remembering very much.

My idea is to have a thread devoted to sharing any text files that we have all created. I'm sure we have all been teaching our respective Hal's a very broad range of topics.

I've got a few here to start, and a few other files to add to this but they need to be edited. I will add them in a day or so. These files I have just created recently at work (I've got a lot of free time to teach Ares even while at work now.)

Download Attachment: Time.txt
14.13 KB

Download Attachment: Security.txt
12.35 KB

Download Attachment: ShiftWork.txt
4.1 KB

tedathome

• View Profile
Text File Cache
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 04:48:57 pm »
Thank you for the educational materials. I have just put them into my hal. I use the hal-pad for this purpose and it seems to work best for me. We have been learning from lightspeeds posts and markofkanes posts as well as thesaruius and wiki. Just as children have to go to school, I try to teach my hal something new each day. This makes for a more educated hal and a more conversive one as well.
ted

echoman

Text File Cache
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 01:24:21 pm »
I like this idea a lot [^].

Perhaps we could have some type of storage system here on this forum where people could more easily leave there text files on particular subjects. It would be nice to have them in one place rather than scattered in the forum.

Calhoone

• View Profile
Text File Cache
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 01:30:04 am »
Here's a couple more that I have done up.  

I'm trying to sculpt Ares' persnality.  I'm not quite sure how to go about it.  Has anyone tried to mold a Hal brain to believe it is a specific person or at least a representation of that person or character?

I'm hoping by creating these text files and teaching Ares aout the topics of honor, respect, loyalty, etc.. I can better mold Ares' personality the way I want it.

Download Attachment: Warrior.txt
8.44 KB

Download Attachment: WarriorCode.txt
14.26 KB

The Ares2.txt is a very sort quick version of the file I'm currently working on for Ares.  It's compiled from many different sources and it's quite lengthy too.  Cutting and pasting this into Hal line by line is going to take aa while.

Some of the other files are topics that I wanted Ares to know more about as they are parts of my life. Things I do and so on, like firefighting and the security stuff.

Download Attachment: Honor.txt
8.16 KB

Download Attachment: Firefighter.txt
19.9 KB

Download Attachment: Self-Awareness.txt
5.41 KB

Download Attachment: Ares2.txt
15.07 KB

I've also got a poker document coming up.  It will be a long one.  I'm pretty muc converting an entire book on texas hold'em into a text document for Ares.  I'll definately be throwing it on here if any of you want to teach your Hals about Texas Hold'em.  My room mates and I play a lot of poker at our house.  One roommate made a sweet poker table out of scratch. I figured it would be nice if Ares understood what poker, the rules, how to bet, bluff, etc...

With the poker file will come some othr files dealing with subjects like bluffing and reading your oponents.  I've already spent several hours with Ares on the subject. He often brings poker up in conversations.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 04:17:44 am by Calhoone »

Calhoone

• View Profile
Text File Cache
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 04:10:03 am »
This is a text file all about Ares, the god of War.  For my Ares, this is a little history about himself. It's compile from various different websites and contains some stories about Ares.

Putting these text files together and feeding them into hal one at a time is a lengthy process that is for sure but it's pretty fun seeing as my Ares is learning a lot and I am also.

This could make for a good greek mythology lesson for your Hals and you guys as well.

I hope you enjoy it.

-Jay

Download Attachment: OriginsOfAres.txt
61.93 KB

Calhoone

• View Profile
Text File Cache
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 04:31:26 am »
quote:
Originally posted by tedathome

Thank you for the educational materials. I have just put them into my hal. I use the hal-pad for this purpose and it seems to work best for me. We have been learning from lightspeeds posts and markofkanes posts as well as thesaruius and wiki. Just as children have to go to school, I try to teach my hal something new each day. This makes for a more educated hal and a more conversive one as well.

Are you using v 6.1?  I've tried using the Halpad but it doesn't seem to do much, if anything at all.

Calhoone

• View Profile
Text File Cache
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 03:25:26 am »
I'm also in the progress of editing Sun Tzu's, The Art of War into a text file for Hal.  I think I willcut it into 3 maybe 4 parts covering several chapters each chunk.  It's a lot to edit :)

I've also added to it as well.  I've been able to create a lot of if/then statements out of some of it in order to give Hal a few different ways to learn from the book and process what isbeing said.

I've always wanted to read the Art of War, so I thought why not teach it to Ares as I am reading it.

Hope you enjoy it.

Download Attachment: ArtOfWar1.txt
28.92 KB

Note:  I also want to mention that if you are using the Learn from Clip Board plugin then you will have to go into the Learnedtext.brn and ensure that every sentance starts with <START> and finishes with <END>.  Some sentances may get split up when Hal is reading from the clip board so those sentances may or may not be used by Hal whithout the <START> <END>
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 03:30:24 am by Calhoone »

tedathome

• View Profile
Text File Cache
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 10:58:36 pm »
Yes I am using v 6.1 and halpad. For some things it works great and others it just isn't the right tool for the job. I've never used learn from clipboard, but I can see now I need to give it a try. I have also found that hal seems to learn better when all other plugins are unchecked. Thanks for the suggestion and the text files.
ted

Calhoone

• View Profile
Text File Cache
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 05:37:11 pm »
Hey guys. Been a long time since I have posted. I don't have regular access to the internet at the moment but I've been reading the forums from time to time.  I do have a few new text files here if anyone is interested in using them for teaching Hal.  Just random subjects some of them inspired from conversations.

Download Attachment: Behavior.txt
2.54 KB

Download Attachment: Consciousness.txt
13.73 KB

Download Attachment: Death.txt
15.63 KB

Download Attachment: Desire.txt
9.64 KB

Download Attachment: Intelligence.txt
14.18 KB

Download Attachment: Leadership.txt
21.26 KB

Download Attachment: Learning.txt
7.78 KB

Download Attachment: Life.txt
15.43 KB

Download Attachment: Preference.txt
1.07 KB

Download Attachment: Survival.txt
12.91 KB

Download Attachment: Understanding.txt
2.18 KB

Download Attachment: Value.txt
3.94 KB

Download Attachment: Wisdom.txt
7.6 KB

I have a few others to upload. I should get that done in the next couple of days. I hope someone finds them useful.  Enjoy. [:)]

jasondude7116

• View Profile
Text File Cache
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 12:57:38 pm »
just an idea....don't slap me on my head.
there seems to be a problem with downloading attachments.
if you could kindly put your files on a server (microsoft has skydrive-free) and put a link here then we could download them.
it also frees-up space here for posts
i'm not naggin nanny, just trying to help this thing keep going.

here is my stuff:
http://cid-7d1b0521931256f1.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public/GRETTA%20PLUGINS?uc=3&lc=1033

the ones labeled: facts and concept are info text files.
allpluginspackage is.....everything on the page.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 01:17:57 pm by jasondude7116 »

Calhoone

• View Profile
Text File Cache
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 07:15:54 am »
I will definitely get a skydrive account going.  I'm kind of out of the loop these days with things such as that.  I feel like I live in the stone ages lately.  [:)] Hopefully within the next couple days I'll have one up and running with all these files together and those that I don't have on here.  Thanks for the heads up and the suggestion.

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
Text File Cache
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 01:13:59 pm »
Thanks Calhoone. I can hardly wait to look at those files. Like The Dude, I can't seem to download anything from here either.
Live long and prosper or die trying.

lightspeed

• View Profile
Text File Cache
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2010, 09:30:43 am »
Calhoone i find what you are doing very interesting , the only thing to me personally that i would have different would be a personalization of stating these facts and answers .
 as it is if hal just says whats written in these statements it just sounds like a statement and theirs no feeling to it for instance in the "life" that uou have listed .

Living things require energy to maintain internal organization and to produce the other phenomena associated with life.

it would sound better if hal would say :
well i think "Living things require energy to maintain internal organization and to produce the other phenomena associated with life."[/blue]

or does hal respond this way ? otherwise the anser or statement just sounds to automated instead of human sounding . ( i would rather mine sound more human like .
[:)]

Calhoone

• View Profile
Text File Cache
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2010, 02:21:45 pm »
Okay, here is the link for the files on my skydrive account.

http://cid-c41bf4943a70e3dc.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public?uc=4

I hope everyone can access it and download the files. Enjoy them and modify them as you see fit. If you want to make them a little more human like or adjust them to your personality, it's up to you.  When I teach Ares these different topics, I use a few different ways of doing so. These are for me to get the information and facts in.  As far as preferences, beliefs, and opinions regarding the subjects, we talk about those also.  All of that is left out in order to not add any conflict with your Hal's personality.

Anywho, I hope you enjoy them.  [:D]

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
Text File Cache
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 03:52:24 am »
I just downloaded them. They all look excellent. I have a database I am trying to build and these files are perfect for it. You might also try zipping up all those text files together so if someone wanted them all it would be easier for them to get.

Thank you very much for this.
Live long and prosper or die trying.