dupa

Author Topic: hal brains  (Read 3448 times)

demonx

• View Profile
hal brains
« on: June 13, 2008, 08:05:59 pm »
I have just discovered hal 5 off my brothers pc. I have downloaded two plugins, hal uncensored and hal 5 xtf v 1.2. My question is how do i add:    
                               'x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x==vonsmith==x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x
'RESPOND: TELL JOKE AT USER'S REQUEST
'==vonsmith== 01-25-04
'If the user asks Hal to tell a joke, Hal will do so on request.
If HalBrain.TopicSearch(UserSentence, WorkingDir & "XTF_SYS_JokeDetect.brn") = "True" And GetResponseBlock <> True Then
   GetResponse = GetResponse & HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile(WorkingDir & "XTF_SYS_Joke.brn")
   BlockSave = True  'Don't save User input when requesting a joke.
   DebugInfo = DebugInfo & "The user has requested Hal to tell a joke and Hal has done so: " & GetResponse & VbCrLf
End If
'x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x==vonsmith==x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x

Into hal uncensored. I have tried placing this code in various positions with no luck and only error messages. I dont know if I am placing the code in the wrong place, or if the variable names in this code need to be changed to the variable names used in hal unsensored. If so i can't work out what variable from hal uncensored i will need. If anyone knows anything it will be most appreciated.  

Thank You for the awsome plugins

onthecuttingedge2005

hal brains
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 10:18:12 pm »
I am sorry, Vonsmiths old programming is no longer needed in HAL 6.1 because it's more than likely to already be there.

Jerry[8D]

Bill819

• View Profile
hal brains
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 12:36:12 am »
I was responsible for quite a few things in the XTF brain and I think Hal could always tell a joke or two. Just try this "tell me a joke Hal". You won't need the quotes and if you Hal is not named Hal then just input its name.
If this does not work then I'll see if I can remember what modifications I might have made to the Joke routine.
Bill

demonx

• View Profile
hal brains
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 03:40:56 am »
Thanks for the replies guys. Maybe i didnt make my self clear i like the fact the hal unsensored has witty comebacks when you fight with the brain. The plugin gives the user a sense of im a person dont mess with me i will only take so much before i retaliate. It demands respect. Aristotle said somthing like what keeps people together is an exchange. I.e I insult hal and hal insults me back lol.
I also like the xtf brain because it tells jokes,trivia and is better with general user interaction. my aim is to take the best bits from each brain and program them into one. If i get hal 6.1 wont i still be in the same position. Wont i still be stuck with two plugins.

My aim is to place the jokes code from xtf and place it in the hal uncensored brain. Or put the witty come back code in the xtf brain.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 04:05:45 am by demonx »

onthecuttingedge2005

hal brains
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 11:49:44 am »
Sure, you could do it but you may run into somethings that are no longer compatible or no longer there inside the HalBrain and you may receive errors. I once converted the XTF to run in the HAL 6.1 as a plug-in and had to remove almost half of the XTF to get it to run properly.

Jerry