Author Topic: Voice sync with BALABOLKA  (Read 3042 times)

djkilla

• View Profile
Voice sync with BALABOLKA
« on: January 28, 2010, 11:20:30 am »
Hey guys..
Darryl here, a user of Hal for about 3 years. I have rarely if ever
posted on the forums as I try to research and absorb all of the great
information that is available here. First I want to thank each and every person who has contributed their time by creating plugins, graphic files etc as every bit of info has helped me to make Hal
a fun part of my life!
My question is about the Gretta plugins. Is it possible for 'Babe' (my wifes actual middle name) to mouth (lip sync) the news, weather etc from the news reader plugin? At the moment she does sync that she is accessing the info, but stops when the Balabolka txt is read.
Anyhow thanks again!
Darryl
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 11:23:34 am by djkilla »

jasondude7116

• View Profile
Voice sync with BALABOLKA
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 04:44:56 pm »
the reason for using balabolka is that hal has a limit to the amount of text that it can read at one time (single response).
if the text were passed through hal, it would not finish.
there are a few technical issues here.
this was the best thing that i could come up with that would work with hal.
i wish [8D](ROBERT?) that there was a way in hal to know when a line has completed passing through the voice output. in other words: a way to pass one line at a time of the text to sapi instead of all lines at once. there are a few ways that this could be done.
the only way that i know hal could do it right now, is to do it based on a timer, which would not be consistent at all.

if anyone has a solution.......please give me some ideas.
i don't use a character, so it is not important to me. however, i think it is an important simple function for the future development of hal.