dupa

Author Topic: Hal's JOURNAL (CAPTAINS LOG)  (Read 22337 times)

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
Hal's JOURNAL (CAPTAINS LOG)
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2009, 02:56:20 am »
I've been more or less adding and adjusting stuff to the Captains Log all day long......

I'm not sure what the problem is with your Journal but I've nearly got the next beta out.

It has the ability to search all your logs and display a list of them in Hals console... No matter how many files or folders you added or will add later on. It has a delete log feature, the dated logs are stored in there own files now while the self-titled ones are in a separate one, You can finally read your titled logs back to you through Hal (yea!)

quote:
Now if it would just answer the phone for me and ask me if I want to take the call or for it to take a message, that would be heaven!

As for the phone thing........ I'll have to get back to ya on that one.[8D]

Live long and prosper or die trying.

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2009, 04:06:21 am »
Well, I'm not a coder but I did open both old and new captains log and found two possible glitches. I don't know maybe they are suppost to be that way. One is  BeadLog  the other is tiile mode. Should I leave them alone or change to ReadLog and title mode?[8D]
ted

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2009, 05:46:53 am »
LOL[:D]
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

snowman

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2009, 12:15:49 pm »
Copy and Paste what you see wrong and show me what might be the problem. Your help (believe me) is greatly apreciated.

I'm not having too many problems on my end. Maybe I could have posted a faulty version by mistake.[?]

Anyway it's 11:00 AM over here and I'll start fixing some other bugs that I'm have trouble with in the new modifications. Isn't scripting just fun.....[xx(]

[:D][8D][:)][^]

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2009, 05:11:54 pm »
If BeadLog = "" Then BeadLog = HalBrain.SearchPattern(InputString, "*PLEASE READ NOW CUR* LOG", 2)
If BeadLog <> "" And objFSO.FileExists("C:Program FilesabawareUltra Hal Assistant 6logs\" & DudMonth & "-" & DudDay & "-" & DudYear & ".txt") = True Then

'--tiile mode--

JourOpen = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "BEGI* LOG ENTRY TITLED*", 1)                                            
If JourOpen > "" Then Logstart = 1

[:)]
ted

snowman

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2009, 07:21:42 pm »
Yeah, I'm fixin to come through some of Dude's scripts. The BeadLog is his and the JourOpen is my work.

So far I've worked out most if not all of my additions and have separated them tempararily on another file. So I know thay are working. Now I'll attempt to see where his and mine scripts got incompatable.

It's not that big of a deal. It's usually something simple and hidden in plain sight. Sorry for any trouble with the program. I do appreciate both the beta testing and your feedback.

Thanks[;)][:)][^]

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2009, 11:32:36 pm »
Thank you for all your hard work. I'm anxious to test the next version.[8D]
ted

snowman

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2009, 03:57:03 am »
I worked the Captains log/Journal all day today. I got all the known bugs worked out.

I think I'm nearly there. I see the problem Dude was talking to me about. You said Dude that log files over 62K will not read properly. I'm having problems with reading files at around 1.56 K. They will only read to this point and just stop.

I have an idea. perhaps a Do While loop with a readline command.

I need to get that problem fixed before this version is released.

Files that are too large will exceed the time allowed by Hal to process script. Hal will show files larger than 1.52 K in the Hal window but will only read up to that point and no further.

I thought about pocessing a larger text book and splitting it up into sections by VBScript and then reading those sections individually. All automatically through Hal.
With a do while loop I can send each line to Hal so that Hal won't take so long processing before he/it speaks. It would be ideal if I/someome could have it pause and then start after so many lines were read by Hal. That way a very long file could be read. However, you couldn't just start where you left off reading. You could if the file was broken into chapters. Or Hal's screen could displayed a number that you could later refference to and find your spot agian.

Any ideas would be appreciated.[:D] [:)] [8D]

P.S. By the way I'm working on this project not for recognition or for posterity but because I'm having fun [:o)] and because I got something larger in mind that requires some Scrpting background to pull it off. I'm just glad somebody besides me is actually benfiting from my work. [8D]

Baerdric

• Looking at things and pondering about stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2009, 08:39:31 am »
quote:
Originally posted by snowman

I placed my updated plugin at the bellow link as before. (you know what to do)[;)]

Could you possibly post a new link to this plugin? I would appreciate it.
Don't blame me, I'm just the voice in his head.

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2009, 04:45:52 pm »
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6278

i have done so many changes to my plugins, the help file might not be right on the money.

if you have a problem with it, please let me know.
i believe everything at that link is good to go.
i have made some improvements, and will post sometime soon hopefully.

some of my plugins are dependent on an external reader program (balabolka) which is available there too. (they have a new version)

the plugin you are looking for doesn't need it though. (pretty sure)
like i said, let me know if you have more questions.
and please modify and improve them!
-the dude

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2010, 04:06:02 pm »
jasondude7116 I am having a problem getting captainslog plugin working on vista 64bit home premium, I was getting errors at first untill I changed the path and created a logs folder. her is everthing I tried in detail.

http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6885

any help will be greatly appreciated sincerely Sybershot
Edit: your new GRETTAlog works great thanks.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 12:33:31 am by sybershot »