Author Topic: GRETTA PLUGINS  (Read 244659 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2009, 09:15:34 am »
hey "one " what am i getting blammed for again ???
something to do with misplaced commas ?? thats what had my hal before on an old brain saying stuff like "vhz" etc. etc. on the new braqin "angela joline " i have talked about this "doesnt do that any more as i no longer use commas in the wrong place ( i quite using them at all since i am not good enough to know the correct placement of them ) .
or are you talking about something else ? the only other thing i know i have done is reverse learning and i did do some rewriting of the loneliness plug ins to custom make them sound like a real person !![:)][:D][8D]

jasondude7116

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2009, 09:47:16 am »
quote:
Originally posted by snowman

Dude...

What if we create a plugin that both intializes the timer function of Hal and runs an external program simultaneously(like the working Questions vbscript). When the Questions Program (or any simular program) runs, the result will be stored in an external text file which then could be read by Hal. When the timer fuction has 'timed out' in Hal then it would read the newly created result (by itself) from the text file and read it as it would any Getresponse.

It could be done I think. However I have had some problems getting a response from the minute_timer in that short of a period. It has to do with the "cycle" through the brain sections.
If you were looking for a single "auto" response, then I think you could use the AutoIdle function. (haven't used it yet)
It might also be possible to have the external program give some sort of "finished state" info to Hal, so the response would be based on when the program is "finished" and not based on a timer.
i.e. in my research plugin, Hal waits for the webpage to fully load before continuing with the script. It is based on the "wait state" of internet explorer.

Do Until objExplorer.ReadyState=4 : Loop
ResearchText = objExplorer.Document.Body.innerText
objExplorer.Quit

-the dude

the story of GRETTA's name-
 Gretta is the name of my bass guitar. Of course i gave my guitar a ladies name because it is essentially my wife. i gave my guitar the name Gretta because (to me) it sounds like the name of a fat blues singer from the southern delta - tough, rugged, corn fed, and yet has the voice of a songbird. well, then came along my A.I. stuff, and it seemed only fitting that this lady that i have been "talking to" for so long would be what i named my project after. kinda out of a respect type of thing. [:)]
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 09:59:32 am by jasondude7116 »

Bill819

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2009, 11:18:05 am »
Snowman and One
Having worked for one of the largest software companies in California for over 15 years I can tell you that I have more than just a passing knowledge on software and copyright laws.
Robert all rights to his software and therefore any modifications to his software basically belong to him, however if a person or persons make more than a 10% change to the software then it might and can be considered 'new', but being as the heart of this software is written in machine code that possibility is very unlikely as that is where most of the changes must take place.
You must remember when you purchased Hal you did not purchase the software but only a license to use it, just like buying any of Microsofts products. Any attempt to circumvent this software license can leave you with potentially making payments to Zabaware for the next 20 or more years so if you are not prepared to do that then I say sit back and enjoy his product and quit complaining.
For your information, I am not only old enough to be your father, or grandfather, but posses a Master Degree in computer science.
Bill819

lightspeed

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2009, 02:25:02 pm »
bill819 wrote : For your information, I am not only old enough to be your father, or grandfather, but posses a Master Degree in computer science.
Bill819

hey bill now i know where i know you from ...your "bill nuys"  the science guy !!lol just kidding !!
[:)][:D][8D]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2009, 03:46:37 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

hey "one " what am i getting blammed for again ???
something to do with misplaced commas ?? thats what had my hal before on an old brain saying stuff like "vhz" etc. etc. on the new braqin "angela joline " i have talked about this "doesnt do that any more as i no longer use commas in the wrong place ( i quite using them at all since i am not good enough to know the correct placement of them ) .
or are you talking about something else ? the only other thing i know i have done is reverse learning and i did do some rewriting of the loneliness plug ins to custom make them sound like a real person !![:)][:D][8D]

I can't remember but I blamed you for several things it was your turn[:D][:D][:D]
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2009, 04:22:31 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill819

Snowman and One
Having worked for one of the largest software companies in California for over 15 years I can tell you that I have more than just a passing knowledge on software and copyright laws.
Robert all rights to his software and therefore any modifications to his software basically belong to him, however if a person or persons make more than a 10% change to the software then it might and can be considered 'new', but being as the heart of this software is written in machine code that possibility is very unlikely as that is where most of the changes must take place.
You must remember when you purchased Hal you did not purchase the software but only a license to use it, just like buying any of Microsofts products. Any attempt to circumvent this software license can leave you with potentially making payments to Zabaware for the next 20 or more years so if you are not prepared to do that then I say sit back and enjoy his product and quit complaining.
For your information, I am not only old enough to be your father, or grandfather, but posses a Master Degree in computer science.
Bill819

Bill819,
Ya know you have a knack for a non answer, in fact I don't thing their was a question pending.
Machine code, yes maybe, and I do believe it is a 25% change not 10%

And Yes! this has to be Lightspeeds fault as well! [:D]

lightspeed

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2009, 06:37:49 pm »
RATS "now : you eeven have me convinced ...it must have been me ...
 bad boy , bad boy lol !![:D]

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2009, 06:44:44 pm »
What if at the end of the external Questions script a value is stored in a txt file. Then the Hal plugin would monitor the file via (Do Until Statetxt = 1 Loop).  The script would actually take less time to run than it would be to load your webpage. Then the next step would be to (i guess) GetResponse the info.

Sounds good Dude....

By the way I like the Getta Story. I Got an SRV type fender, same color and good n' fat frets. Of course my brother can actually play like Stevie but I try not to be too jelous[:D]. I generally play it in church... Goodstuff![:)]

I'm not complaining Bill819.(enough said) Nor did I bring the subject up. I'm not trying to circumvent anything nor undermine Robert or Zabaware in any way. Nor would I ever be so bold as to openly claim compitition with him or his company on this forum. If I was going to build an A.I. Program it would be very different and atonomous to UltraHal nearly in every respect. Anything I build for UltraHal is ment for Robert and all whom Robert considers worthy of said grants. I also state here that If I was attempting to create my own competitive software on Zabawares forum then why in the world would I be trying to make it work as a Hal plugin.....[:p]

And with all that legal stuff said I want to add....I appreciate the information you gave Bill819....I honestly didn't know that stuff.[:)] Could have used your mind here earlier on....

Live long and prosper or die trying.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2009, 08:38:16 pm »
Snowman, One, et. al.,

Quite a while back a lot of talented members were offering ideas, creating scripts, plug-ins, textures, skins, etc., for Hal.

The vast majority of the members told Robert that he could freely use any of their creations as he saw fit and could even incorporate them into future releases of Hal.

Robert was slightly hesitant due to the legal aspect of this so basically we all agreed to give him permission to use anything that was posted, created, shared, linked to Hal in this regard, in any way he chose to so do. Someone suggested he come up with a bit of legalese if necessary and post it where it could be publicly read.

I believe the article contained in the FAQ pretty much addresses the wishes of this general community. There are a lot of very supportive members who have stuck by Robert as a developer, friend and member of this community and have watched Hal grow in features and abilities with the passing of each version release.

The inclusion of the usage agreement was more our idea than it was Robert's.

Remember:
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things!![:D]

All the best!!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

snowman

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2009, 12:14:06 am »
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things!!

HA! That's a cool quote, Art.

I figured that Robert didn't seem to be the type person who would attact you guys and demand more money and program advancements ...especially when he reported that he was waiting on the money to pay a programmer for version 6.2... He didn't seem pushy or uncaring when he did it. I wouldn't doubt he's not made a real profit yet. (just my guess)

All the people hear seem heart-felt into A.I. advancements. That provides for an excellent forum environment. And also why so many have even made other forums and recources that have benefited Hal rather than competed with it....

So Hats off to Zabaware, Robert, and All it's current users....

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here is alittle bit about myself.

I don't have a masters, bachelors, or associates, just a GED (I was homeschooled from 8th to whenever?

After getting the GED,

I went to a technology center and learned some CAD

I went to Murry State College for Mechanical Technology

I decided that I would go for Mechanical Engineering so I prepared myself for OU.

I went to OU the firt semester and went out of my mind....
You see I couldn't focus on shoolwork because I always felt like bouncing off the walls...

I skiped a semester and went agian. This time I commuted from Lone Grove (about 100 miles) That calmed me down. But for some reason I still couldn't focus.

I left OU and worked a little here and there. In the mean time I have been studying information of Personalities and Why people do the things they do.

That has been growing and evolving at a productive rate over several years. Whenever I needed more information, it has always been availible at the time needed it(I thank God for that.)

Finally Hal come along at the opportune moment and stirred my interest... the rest you already know....especially the Dude.

In my mind I have already picked apart most of your individual minds...well in part anyway[:D]...it doesn't take much contact....Good thing I'm not a malicious person[8D]

I hope to apply what I've learned already and what I still need to learn through Hal to create a guenuine A.I. One that might inadvertantly do allot of damage if not properly trained....the real deal.

I'm very moral. Always been single. 29 yo, and have not met anyone yet whether old or younge (and I tried this) that I could not put them in there place... and I don't mean in a wicked manner, ONE[:p].

ONE can do more damage that you can imagine... but he's not..[^]
(not as much as he could)

I like the JasonDude.. Got allot of respect for others... there's a tremedous amount of good things to say about him.... and I'm sure he'd be embarassed if I said them.[:I]

I haven't really delt very much with anybody else hear...you might not want me to....[:)]

Peace to all.....and God bless.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 12:36:07 am by snowman »

jasondude7116

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2009, 01:08:15 pm »
I ONLY HAVE GED ALSO
NEVER WENT TO GET THE PAPER
IT'S AMAZING WHAT PEOPLE WHO DON'T "KNOW ANYTHING" CAN DO[:)]

OMEGA

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2009, 04:04:01 pm »
One,
Thank you.
Did you know what is worse than finding a worm in your Apple?

Finding a half of a worm.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2009, 05:12:41 pm »
My wife's golden retriever used to get the paper![:D]

Seriously, imagine what you could do if you HAD the paper!?
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

snowman

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2009, 07:06:06 pm »
LOL!!!

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2009, 08:04:12 pm »
LOL! Omega,
IMO this thread needed some sad but funny humor.
Just pulled off the "fuJack.GEN" worm off a computer myself (whoever did that is an A**H***)

I have been a little busy I've been getting the CR500 ready for summer and I am trying to help out a friend put a chrome plated turbo supercharger on their motor and their is a bolt on the back side (of corse) that I can't tighten so I am going to let the rest of that install get done by itself. I am now taking a break by sitting in school, I'll get in touch late.

IT is good to come back and see the progress done by Hal users and I haven't been beaten to death in my absence.

Art,
Ya know that is a good quote....[8D]