Author Topic: Projects in People Putty  (Read 4179 times)

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
Projects in People Putty
« on: May 11, 2008, 02:04:29 am »
Hi, I know. I am sick all over your forum. I appologize. I am curious. Curious like a cat. That's why some of my friends call me whiskers. SNL fans? My question, is it possible for us to trade projects from our people putty folder with each other?
When a child is born without a soul...

tedathome

• View Profile
Projects in People Putty
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 04:00:09 am »
Yes. Either you can zip them on savefile and post a link or you can e-mail them or you can post a face, aka Texture.jhp or bodyskin.
ted

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
Projects in People Putty
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 11:36:01 am »
Hi Ted,

What about the actual shape of a character?

tedathome

• View Profile
Projects in People Putty
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 04:32:45 pm »
If I understand you correctly, that would have to be a screen shot of an actual haptar in .jpg format, because you cant load a haptar into people putty like you can a Texture.jhp
ted

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Projects in People Putty
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 07:07:26 pm »
Sure it does. Just save your character as a Project file (click at bottom and give it a name).

The next time you run People Putty, go to Files > Open and click on Projects. Select your Project name.

Your previously modified character should appear.

From there you can tweak it until you're satisfied then Save as Haptar.

Rename with Explorer to an .htr extension.

No problem....
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 07:08:04 pm by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
Projects in People Putty
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 12:53:33 am »
Yes, just the shape of the character still in project format. You guys ever check out a product called Quindar?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 01:53:38 am by Ooglor 7 »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Projects in People Putty
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 04:44:53 am »
Perhaps I don't quite understand what you're asking with regard to the SHAPE of the character.

If I create a character and assign the shape of a bottle or cat, then save it as a Project file, the character will display as a bottle character or cat, etc.

I could send a friend that character with it's assigned shape and my friend could then open it in PP.

Actually when one saves a Project file in PP it's actually a working Haptar (change extension to .htr to use with Hal).

It's stored in the C:\Program Files\Haptek\PeoplePutty\user\figures folder as myProject_figure.haptar - the jpg's are just 3k thumbnails.

As far as saving a shape, I assume you want to save that shape of a character?

- Art -

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
Projects in People Putty
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 11:13:47 am »
Take an existing character head and tweak it in PP. Save the project. Copy that project, leaving it in it's project file format. If someone else who owns people putty, dragged and dropped that copy of that project file format into the correct folder, could they then load a shape of a character that someone else made. Load as a project. Not a haptar, which by the way is bogus on haptek's part that we can't load existing haptars.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Projects in People Putty
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 01:30:04 pm »
OK,

People Putty saves a Project in two places:
C:\Program Files\Haptek\PeoplePutty\user\figures
AND
C:\Program Files\Haptek\PeoplePutty\user\projects

The Figures folder will save the file as: myProject_figure.haptar + the small jpg thumbnail

The Projects folder will save the file as: myProject.ppf and is usually around a half a meg in size.

I believe this file could be zipped and traded with another person to load in as a project file and tweak as needed.

I have to agree with your thoughts that they (Haptek) should have made the structure somewhat easier than they did.

Sorry to mislead....

- Art -

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
Projects in People Putty
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 02:59:18 pm »
I don't feel you mislead at all, Art. Your input on the information given seems logical to me. The fact that we could trade shapes of characters in PP would be a good thing. Considering how talented people like Ted and Jack are, I'm guessing it would be a better deal for me than for them. Thanks for being an integral part of the crew on this AI galleon. Arg. Oog.

P.S. If I missed mentioning any of you very talented figure artists, forgive me. Bad with names. I would forget my a** if it wasn't attached to me.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 03:02:05 pm by Ooglor 7 »