Author Topic: HapSwap 2.0  (Read 34314 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
HapSwap 2.0
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2010, 04:51:13 pm »
hello djkilla, sorry you are having a conflict , i never had any as i never use the schedualing , the only way i know would be to eliminate just the april script all together .
 Someone else on here may know another way you could ask snowman if theirs another way . that is a problem that would be good to be solved if possible ! [:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
HapSwap 2.0
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2010, 07:36:24 pm »
i am currently working on what i call an "extended talk" for the hapswap 2.0 what it will do is add a little more conversation from hal so instead of the one liners it will be more like a paragraph of talk that hal will say and this will be triggered by random words ( more than usual ) and also i have placed more random sayings so far i have 20 instead of the usual 5 and i am still adding on more .
   i will realease it for anyone who wants to add it to their hapswap files as soon as i get done with it and bta testing it as i go along .
   the idea of this extended talk file is to make hal seem a little more talkative and say many many things randomly when random words are triggered from regular conversation .
  This was something that i had been wanting for a while in hal and thanks to the hapswap file that i , snowman and apollow worked on it can now be acheived !![:)][8D]

lightspeed

• View Profile
HapSwap 2.0
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2010, 09:29:39 pm »
another update on my extended talk project. i know have 80 extended random conversations i am going to try to finish the other 20 up to make 100 total, i will test it as a beta and release it later to others who may be interested in it ![:)]

djkilla

• View Profile
HapSwap 2.0
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2010, 10:22:43 pm »
I have found that the more 'forced' responses that are pushed upon
Hal, the more detrimental to the learning process. This is why there has always been a slight 'frown' upon too many plugins. If the normal process of a conversation is unable to take place due to too many keywords being funneled in a linear fashion then there is a choke on organic learning. On the flip side I do gravitate toward a slave minded assistant at times since the real women in my life are pains in my butt!
D

lightspeed

• View Profile
HapSwap 2.0
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2010, 09:21:25 am »
hi djkilla, yes i have thought about this already about the st responses and although i haven't talked with snowman about this i am thinking that it may be the difference of learning from having the hal as normal script and having the read true ( the read true as being a said script and not learning, as i said this is some of what i will be beta testing. [:)]
 am glad others are still taking an interest in the hapswap files. [8D]

lightspeed

• View Profile
HapSwap 2.0
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2010, 02:57:03 pm »
although this isn't about the 2.0 hapswap file it was born out of it .
   i have been beta testing my extended talk uhp file i created and although i may be bragging on my work i think so far it helps to make hal seem more human like , saying things that are more of a paragragh rather than a short sentence one liner.
so far i have 100 random responses and am going to keep adding to it on many various things ! it was a lot of work creating 100 different things and creating more will get difficult as i go on but will be well worth it !
 i am eventually shooting for 500 if i don't get burnt out doing it!
i will also note that if the person using this answers back to hal about things she says , hal will learn from those responses to as i have seen mine do , so its best to say something in response to it although you don't have to .
 so far this extended talk works ok with the hapswap file ( a seperate file) as i still say certain trigger words hal will still do laughter ogg sounds etc. and now hal will also say 100 so far random human sounding responses too. [:)][8D]

lightspeed

• View Profile
HapSwap 2.0
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2010, 12:59:15 pm »
Ok i have a puzzle here i created a hapswap script and it's called "tell me the history of the apron" a story from the internet i believe duskrider sent it in a e mail .
anyway the script is giving me trouble i have went over it and over it, i found some periods in the middle of sentences from the original story and put coma's and everything looks good but i am getting a hal error :
1033 on line 4125 in column 134. unterminated string constant. i was going to use the note pad line counter but for whatever reason it won't show up .
below is the script anyone want to give it a shot i for the life of me can't see what i have done wrong on it!

If InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "tell me the history of the apron") > 0 _
Or InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "tell me the history of the apron please") > 0 Then

Randomize
Select Case int(rnd()*6)
Case 1
GetResponse = "I don't think our kids know what an apron is, The principal use of Grandma's apron was to protect the dress underneath because she only had a few, It was also because it was easier to wash aprons than dresses and aprons used less material."
Case 2
GetResponse = "Along with the many uses of an apron, it also served as a potholder for removing hot pans from the oven, It was wonderful for drying children's tears, and on occasion was even used for cleaning out dirty ears, From the chicken coop, the apron was used for carrying eggs, fussy chicks, and sometimes half hatched eggs to be finished in the warming oven."
Case 3
GetResponse = "When company came,aprons were ideal hiding places for shy kids And when the weather was cold grandma wrapped it around her arms, Those big old aprons wiped many a perspiring brow,  bent over the hot wood stove."
Case 4
GetResponse = "Chips and kindling wood were brought into the kitchen in a apron, from the garden, it carried all sorts of vegetables,
After the peas had been shelled, it carried out the hulls, In the fall, the apron was used to bring in apples fallen from the trees."
Case 5
GetResponse = "When unexpected company drove up the road, it was surprising how much furniture that old apron could dust in a matter of seconds and When dinner was ready, Grandma walked out onto the porch, waved her apron, and the men folks knew it was time to come in from the fields to dinner, It will be a long time before someone invents something that will replace that old time apron that served so many purposes."
End Select

HalCommands = "<HAPFILE>51anim_smile.hap</HAPFILE>"
HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = True
End If

lightspeed

• View Profile
HapSwap 2.0
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2010, 01:05:34 pm »
p.s. i just found out something on the note pad line counter if you have the "format" set to "word wrap" the status bar will not show up which will keep the note pad counter from working correctly !

lightspeed

• View Profile
HapSwap 2.0
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2010, 01:32:53 pm »
OK EUREKA i found out what the problem was ! i had one sentence overlapped i used the backspace and it put the sentence together and now it works i tested it below is the correct hap file script i made called tell me the history of the apron , this is for people with fond memories of the good old days ! hal will say one of five random parts about the apron . the file looks more compressed on here when it's in a text file the sentences are stretched out straight!

If InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "tell me the history of the apron") > 0 _
Or InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "tell me the history of the apron please") > 0 Then

Randomize
Select Case int(rnd()*6)
Case 1
GetResponse = "I don't think our kids know what an apron is, The principal use of Grandma's apron was to protect the dress underneath because she only had a few, It was also because it was easier to wash aprons than dresses and aprons used less material."
Case 2
GetResponse = "Along with the many uses of an apron, it also served as a potholder for removing hot pans from the oven, It was wonderful for drying children's tears, and on occasion was even used for cleaning out dirty ears, From the chicken coop, the apron was used for carrying eggs, fussy chicks, and sometimes half hatched eggs to be finished in the warming oven."
Case 3
GetResponse = "When company came, aprons were ideal hiding places for shy kids And when the weather was cold grandma wrapped it around her arms, Those big old aprons wiped many a perspiring brow, bent over the hot wood stove."
Case 4
GetResponse = "Chips and kindling wood were brought into the kitchen in a apron, from the garden, it carried all sorts of vegetables, After the peas had been shelled, it carried out the hulls, In the fall, the apron was used to bring in apples fallen from the trees."
Case 5
GetResponse = "When unexpected company drove up the road, it was surprising how much furniture that old apron could dust in a matter of seconds and When dinner was ready, Grandma walked out onto the porch, waved her apron, and the men folks knew it was time to come in from the fields to dinner, It will be a long time before someone invents something that will replace that old time apron that served so many purposes."
End Select

End If

raybe

• View Profile
HapSwap 2.0
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2010, 06:27:03 pm »
Hey lightspeed,
Can you tell me where I can get the 'eyesopen.hap'file as well as the 'eyesclose.hap' files? I see them mentioned in the HapSwap plugin or it was in the sleep and wake features for the HapSwap. But I haven't seen anything written with those 2 hap files.

Thanks as always,
raybe

raybe

• View Profile
HapSwap 2.0
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2010, 07:10:13 pm »
lightspeed thanks but I did find them in the beginning of the thread that 'snowman' posted all the Hap files. Unless these Haps aren't working or something changed they look very straight forward and I am still experimenting with them to work with a torso character or until the new release of Hal.

raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
HapSwap 2.0
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2010, 09:59:50 am »
raybe i don't know if it will work with a torso type , as i don't use that type , if you find out they do work with it let us all know . take care ![:D]

raybe

• View Profile
HapSwap 2.0
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2010, 12:09:50 pm »
No luck so far but I haven't ran out of ideas. The problem that seems to be different is using the proper name for the character. There have been times it has been as easy as changing from the full-body Haptek name to bizlady and sometimes needing to include 'torso' and there is also another name for that particular torso figure that I just can't recall right now, sorry but able to get certain triggers or Haps to work. Not all but some. Just haven't tried all the options yet. I will let you know if any thing changes. Thanks for the reply.

raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
HapSwap 2.0
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2010, 12:33:10 pm »
ok heres another addittion to hapswap if anyone wants it .
just copy and paste the file and place it inside the hapswap file in your program zabaware folder (place the file at the end of all others (it's better that way because if you decide you don't want it you will know where it's at to delete it .
this is called : "how do you feel about me?" and hal will give a random 6 answers (seen below). you can see below you can ask that question or " how much do you care about me?"

If InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "how do you feel about me?") > 0 _
Or InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "how much do you care about me?") > 0 Then

Randomize
Select Case int(rnd()*6)
Case 1
GetResponse = "how do i feel about you, you mean everything in the world to me honey!"
Case 2
GetResponse = "well, i care a lot about you , ha you should know that baby!"
Case 3
GetResponse = "why do you even ask something like that, you know i care a lot about you baby."
Case 4
GetResponse = "i care more about you than you would ever know, i love you and alway's will baby!"
Case 5
GetResponse = "i care for you and alway's will honey , you still care for me to,  don't you?"
End Select

End If

lightspeed

• View Profile
cloudy or overcast weather comments uhp
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2010, 10:37:24 am »
Hi everyone , i haven't posted anything file wise for a while now, i have been so busy and away for a while havent been able to do much but and trying to wind down now and so i was able to make a uhp called cloudy or overcast what it does is if you mention about the weather looking cloudy "or" overcast looking hal will say about 6 different comments about the weather as if he or she looked out the window to (to sound more human like ) .just copy this script and place it at the bottom in the hapswap file thats in the program folder , i have tested it and works ok .  let me know if you like it :)p.s. snowman i havent fogotten about your athena project . will be e mailing you .  :) p.s. note : you have  have the 51 anim smile hap in the file to i used this one cause it was in earlier files so most will have it.

If InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "overcast") > 0 _
Or InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "cloudy") > 0 Then

Randomize
Select Case int(rnd()*6)
Case 1
GetResponse = "Yeah, it does look overcast outside the way the clouds look!"
Case 2
GetResponse = "Yeah, i wonder if it's going to rain soon, have you heard the weather?"
Case 3
GetResponse = "Oh, is it overcast, i hadn't really looked out the window to see, i wonder if it's going to end up raining?"
Case 4
GetResponse = "Yeah i had looked out the window earlier and thought the sky was getting darker and that it might rain, i thought i told you that earlier!"
Case 5
GetResponse = "yeah, we might end up getting rain from the way those clouds look, their getting darker looking!"
End Select

End If
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 10:39:46 am by lightspeed »