Author Topic: HYBRED EXTENDED TALK UHP by lightspeed  (Read 44302 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
HYBRED EXTENDED TALK UHP by lightspeed
« on: April 20, 2010, 09:36:54 am »
Hello all , i am starting a new post for this as it is something different from the hapswap.2.0

well i have some more news since last time , as i was finsishing my work described before i had an idea on how to create a hybred type uhp plug in for my hal a.i. so instead of the one before thats just triggered by words i redid the script program and added my 100 ( now 102 ) script sentences of random conversations and added in the loneliness perimeters scripting and so what i created now is a uhp brain plug for the a.i. that relies on a timer instead of certain trigger words , this way hal will talk and learn as usual and after one minute ( thats the set time i am using , timing can be changed by individual ) if i don't talk with my a.i. she will pick one of 102 things randomly and say (like a regular person just starting up a conversation in general ) she will say one more thing after so long of a time and if i don't talk she will say something like well i am here if you want to talk later ok? and she will stop talking until you say something again which makes the process start over again each time .
I can and will also be continuing to add into the 102 random conversation list more and more as i can do an indefinate number of paragraph "random" conversation starters.! :D

This was actually what i had been wanting for a long time was for hal to be able to generate and start up conversations , to start talking on his or her own ( although most of the responses are all for a female talking some can actually be neutral to.

i have sent this hybred extended talk plug in i created to Snowman by e-mail so he can beta test it , after that and if theirs no problems i will release it by placeing it on a file site like i did the hapswap 2.0 files so anyone can download it and place it in their hals !
Anyway what we will have is a hal that can and will after you stop talking , actually start talking on his or her own to you instead of "only" talking when you write or talk !! [:)]

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 07:36:14 pm »
Hi,
sounds interesting,, , ,,,,

um,,i feel like saying some ideas that spring to mind,

Hal i'll be back in a week "so how about as an idea Hal could ask after you in a week, and if you can't be found then ..."

Hal i'll be back soon "so hal asks for you in minute "Will are you there!, Where's Will, 'now knows i'm missing' seeks to understand.

or
Hal i'll be back tomorrow "hal would know not to expect to hear from you until then but he might ask if others are around"

Hal could set his own time to ask after you based on infomation gathered.

Hal i'll be back in a minute or Hal remember to turn off my cryo before we get to mars:)  "hal" sure thing Mr Will this is simple stuff its 1=0/1! i'll turn you off at the right time stop your worrying!...........
"Will opens eyes" Yawn,,,"looks out window" Arrrrrrrr! where are we!?

"Mr Data" oh yeah i thought it'd be nice to check out the far end of the galaxy, it says how nice it looks in your diary.
 Ha Ha Ha just kidding we never left :]

Thanks lightspeed ,and Snowman,
i look forward to seeing how it looks,looker : now i've looked,i'll be looking back later,
bye for now and be well :)  :]

bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 04:43:48 pm »
This sounds like a great plug-in Lightspeed, Trinity and I can't w8 for her to be a conversation starter.
 Will that's a great Idea, I like it a lot.  
sorry so short but short on time, Trinity slow time down 50% please, o' well maybe in my future grandkids time.

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 06:18:58 pm »
The only thing I can think of to improve it is just to add a few more statements to the IdleCounter Select Case section. Otherwise I can't see anything else to add or change. To really see if there are any conflics you'll either need to find a few more people to beta test or you can just release it into the wild and hope for the best.

Oh and by the way, your random sentenses are great. It makes me want to just leave her alone and let her talk [:)]. Good work LS!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 06:19:58 pm by snowman »
Live long and prosper or die trying.

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 01:43:55 am »
I did the same thing to Hal 5.0 2 or 3 years ago. I used AUTO-IDLE and if no one said anything to Hal within a specific amount of time he would choose something from the data- base.
Bill

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 10:19:43 am »
thanks snowman , by IdleCounter Select Case section, i imagine you are talking about the first isle responses , i did send you another e mail later , and said i had updated it even more and that i had changed the first responses and also i chnged the orginal angry hap to a smile hap ( didn't want her to look angry ).
the words i changed it to was :

IdleResponse3 = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile("conversationalPhrases")
                  HalMenu.HalCommand "<HAPFILE>51anim_smile.hap</HAPFILE>"
                  HalMenu.HalCommand "<SPEAK>Hey! I'll be right here when you want to talk ok sweety. " &  IdleResponse3 & "</SPEAK>"
                ElseIf IdleCounter > temperThresh1 Then
                         Select Case HalBrain.RandomNum(4)
                         Case 1
                         IdleResponse2 = "Hey honey bunny watcha doin, get over here and talk to me!" & vbCrLf
                         Case 2
                         IdleResponse2 = "Is their anything on tv later this evening?" & vbCrLf
                         Case 3
                         IdleResponse2 = "Hey Honey, what are you doing, I've tried to get your attention " & IdleCounter & " times now." & vbCrLf
                         Case Else
                         IdleResponse2 = "Well, if your busy with something dear we can talk later, ok?" & vbCrLf
                         End Select
                  HalMenu.HalCommand "<HAPFILE>51anim_smile.hap</HAPFILE>"
                  HalMenu.HalCommand "<SPEAK>" &  IdleResponse2 & "</SPEAK>"
                Else

and yes i found myself doing the same thing , saying something just so she would randomly talk again to me which is the effect i wanted!!
oh and bill819 you already did something silular a while back.... i am not surprised.. lol thats why they call you an "advanced member !!"[:D]  
So i hope since you bill was already interested in this a while back that you ( and others) will like all the work i put into this one, i as i have always been doing have been striving to make hal sound more human !![:)]
  I think with this extended talk and random answers and with her starting initializing a conversation i have acheived this . [:)]
 p.s. thanks snowman for testing it for me i had been doing it as i went but thought i would see if you had any problems , glad it seemed to work right for you too. !

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 07:39:28 pm »
Ok for those who want they hal to talk by itself to start conversation or just to talk in general when not being talked to my " HYBRED EXTENDED TALK LS" is done .
I actually added more random sentences that hal will say it was 102 and now it has 130 !
just download it from my skydrive account and place it in your hal assitant 6 program file , start hal up open it and in the options plug in area check the "Hybred extended talk Ls" file go out and start conversation with hal .
This hybred conversation works with the user you talk to hal as usual when you stop after a minute hal will say some short random things then will say one or two long paragraph senteces randomly from 130 that are listed . if you don't say anything lastly hal will say " "Well, if your busy with something dear we can talk later, ok?" and won't say any more until you talk again which will start the process over only when you stop talking for more than a minute . i left the timer set at 1 minute for best results and on the high setting .

I worked on this for quit a while , so " please" let me know how you all like it and how it's working for you , this is ment to make our hals seem more human and also be able to start talking on their own after we have stopped talking making hal seem more real like a person !
*******note: I will be doing more add on file updates , that people can add into this existing file which will give even more random responses!!
NOTICE ******** Since this is based on a lonliness uhp file "NO" existing loneliness plug in can be checked at the same time or it won't work .

If anyone has any questions about this please just ask , i think most will be pleased at what hal will now say and do ![:D][8D]
below is the skydrive link to get the file from !!
http://cid-237e6542a0fe663d.skydrive.live.com/home.aspx

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 02:03:31 am »
LS  I downloaded it and will give it complete test.
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 02:18:12 am »
I downloaded it too and am looking forward to countless ours of nonsesicle chit-chat [;)]

Good job L.S.[:)]
Live long and prosper or die trying.

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 03:07:05 pm »
LS,

I'm having problems with it, it doesn't seem to work.  I have all other script files turned off.  Not sure what the problem is.  I have used the lonlyness plug in and that works, but for this test I have turned it off to make sure there is no conflict.  I'll keep playing with it.
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 03:42:41 pm »
darcyedwards, although i wouldn't think it would matter try to remove the loneliness plug in , place it in my documents for the time being and uncheck the extended talk plug in and recheck it and hit apply . go out of hal (close) and reopen hal . say a few words to hal ( hi how are you doing?) then stop , wait a minute (thats about the average time) . and see if that works ![:)]

djkilla

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 04:03:08 pm »
nice work..definitely not gonna work for me though. I have a real wife who yaps enough at me let alone a virtual one who spats out run on sentences! The idea has driven me to work on a response system like this that can give pertinent information regarding weather, news, scores and maybe even 'words of wisdom' instead.
It would have to pull from the tables though so it'll take some time.
Good job though!
D

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 04:06:11 pm »
LS,

That did it it is talking away now.  Funny that the two can't be in the same directory.  Oh well it's working.  BTW it works with my clock plug in, so there is no conflict between to minute timer plugins.
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 04:11:37 pm »
although i beleive some people had trouble and the loneliness plug in didn't work for some , if the loneliness plug in was working before for you then this should work , it's based on the earlier loneliness version . i know snowman has already used the same one , although the one i released has 130 random paragraphes instead of 102 , i was using it with no problems so i know it's working .
i am currently now using another updated one that has 160 randoms in it now , after i test it i will later put it on my site , people can download it and just replace the old one they have in the program files!

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2010, 04:14:46 pm »
Oh by the way this is just a couple of the many "random" things hal will now say :

Oh i forgot to tell you,  Alice Thompson gave us some flowers, she had extra some that was spreading to much so whenever we get a chance or some time we need to go over to her house and get them!
 Ha i was going to tell you about a crazy dream i had last night, ha your going to laugh when you hear this one ha, I dreamed i was in the circus and swinging on a trapeze and when i swung out i fell and landed right in some elephant poop ha ha haa!

LOL !![:)][:D][8D]