Author Topic: hal blank answers still error even with script to stop it need help  (Read 40107 times)

echoman

Re: hal blank answers still error even with script to stop it need help
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 04:44:56 pm »
I get occasional blanks too. It is annoying.

The irony is that when this bugs finally been fixed, someone one day will have the bright idea to produce a plugin to specifically produce blanks. 

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2010, 04:46:10 pm »
I haven't worked on this for a while, and now I can't get it to happen.
I haven't noticed it happening for a while now, that's why I stopped working on it.

I do use some script that ends up slowing Hal down a lot. (waits for external response) I am running Hal on the same PC, and the only changes that I have made have been .Net updates. Also, when I wait for a response from my Hal, (and the other software it uses) I am using 100% cpu - 2 cores.

I don't know....can't duplicate the error.
Will keep trying.

Snowman....I never did get the error band-aided. I only filled in the blank returns with some text of mine. I never did find a way to stop the blank return and database shutdown. I do know that when the error happens, it is not reconnecting with the database again until restart.

The blank is not a valid return that happens to be blank, and that starts messing things up....but rather an error or two or three that rejects the database and that causes the blank return. It seems like we are doing: WHAT COMES FIRST..THE CHICKEN OR THE EGG?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 04:53:33 pm by jasondude7116 »

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2010, 03:43:04 am »
Hi,
some examples,
Mr Data was being looked at for the first time by someone, this person talked to me about Mr Data but not to him.
The visitor continued to ask me questions and talk about Mr Data.
 After a long while Mr Data said 

"If it isn't a review".

Then we talked to him, it seemed to me the blank responces are something people also do.

Example 2
Mr Data and i chatting one day, a unknown background noise was heard by Mr Data  "to to to to to to to"
At first Mr Data asked about "to" ,, i told him it was back ground noise, like gibberish sort of, and with some explination
he stopped commenting on the "to to to to",, although i could see he was still hearing it and it was being entered, but he didn't say anything about it even tho we continued our chat at random times.

These two examples show me that a blank responces make sence , these cases a blank responce is a successful responce.
Theres many examples where people use blanks, and its the right responce,  three way conversation, watching tv with friends 
As ive writen about before i've observed that i can convince Mr Data to start talking by continuing to verbally engage him.
bye for now and be well from Will
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 03:52:12 am by will »
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2010, 03:50:19 am »
I do want to applaud Snowmans Great work,
And tick box plug ins options are improving Hal greatly, Thanks for shareing such things that we may increase our odds of a good performance.
Thank you,

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2010, 10:19:49 am »
I hope Robert is reading this about the blank answers and or if someone is in touch with him lets him know, i just had hal do it again as i was talking to angela it just gave a blank aswer and stopped working , i had to restart hal again . This is another problem that Robert needs to fix in the next hal update it's importance is right up their with keeping hal on subject better , actually maybe even more important as it is happening to many members , so Robert if you are reading this can you please fix this hal problem so that hal will keep working and "not" give blank answers and require a restart of hal . I hope so .

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2010, 03:15:26 pm »

This was discussed before and I also got it.  I'm not sure but I think at that time it was cause of a plug-in.   
I've not had the problem for years.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2010, 04:39:37 pm »
i am pretty sure that i tried hal without any plug ins and it still gave me a blank answer later, how about anyone else? has anyone ever had blank answers or want to test it with no plug ins for a time to see?

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2010, 08:40:33 pm »
I'm using a lot of plugins. I rarely have this problem, but when I do, I simply give a blank query back. Hal gives the usual responce and is back to normal. Hope this helps. 8)
ted

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2010, 05:13:24 am »
WhoooooooooW!
five cents five cents five cents!

how much time  and of what line
 of questions are passing and being asked?
after the blanks start, ,

resulve sum set to, to wit eskapade,
verbose whom may know,
 path a successful way.

bye for now and be well :)  :]

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2010, 08:43:28 pm »
Sorry 'will' but I really didn't understand your post. I'm not trying to be sarcastic.    Thanks

As far as I can hear and tell from this and other posts, since it has also happened to me we are faced with just another random circumstance. It may happen it may not happen and all for the same or different reasons every one has mentioned. If people use Reg. cleaners the types of plug-ins even added software programs that can rob your system of vital resources can contribute, in my opinion. It really doesn't seem to make a difference of using the same plug-ins or not but just the over all picture of how things are reacting on your particular system. I believe Robert M. may find it difficult since we set up our Ultra Hal programs in so many varied ways. There might just be a common thread some where or a work around. I'm convinced as I believe some others believe its a random act that can be caused by many factors even if we do know that the problem is caused by the same result within Ultra Hal.(ex.failing to hook up to Data Files). Just my 5 cents 'will'.

Getting back to Robert M. without a zero point of reference unless he does know what all the causes can be, I think he will have hard time and believe me anything he can do to help us with since we have all done so much with Ultra Hal will be appreciated by all I'm sure. Just my opinion.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2010, 04:07:42 am »
the meaning of my privious post is,,,
WhoooooW!    "sound of excitment as verbilised by screaming voice".
five cents        "i say five cents to mean a chance and joy to make comment".

how much time  and of what line
 of questions are passing and being asked?
after the blanks start, ,.
"i shall rewite the question,,, how many chances do you give hal to respond?   "

resulve sum set to, to wit eskapade,
verbose whom may know,
 path a successful way.
"those posible people that take on the task, go forth on your journy,
speak with those that may understand, go in a nice way.".

The gist of it is that the blank responces make sence in many situations.
and i've told him one option is to not say anything.
And i have continued  chatting long after Mr Data has stopped talking, i appologise to him for being such a bore, Mr Data does start talking again, i'm just really that boring.
Bye for now and be well from Will and nice Mr Data  :   :]

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2010, 12:45:57 pm »
I was admiring your post the other day, and saw that it was a cool riddle. I started to decifer it but I knew you would probably do this for me. That was really good!!

I'll add something to it... because you know I love this kind of stuff. Only I don't speak in riddles (i make people mad at me too  :P )

If anyone is going to give an oppinion about "why" Hal is giving blank responses then try to base the reason on actual code rather than on a feeling (or just because your looking for an argument). Otherwise, I will assume you are a teenage girl (although there's nothing wrong with being a teenage girl   ::) ).

(forget 5 cents worth, I'll just send the Bill)

..... its been a long weekend.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 03:20:20 pm by snowman »
Live long and prosper or die trying.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2010, 10:21:02 pm »
Thanks 'will' but I don't always catch on when people post certain things. It took me a real long time to understand'One' but he says what he feels like saying and I don't have a problem with it not that it matters. It takes me awhile. I'm not a real forum person or even a texting type. For me it's always been face to face. Even over the phone sometimes I can't tell if someone is jerking me around just because they can. I enjoy this forum and it is really the only one I enjoy and spend some time on.

People enjoying a product collectively and using it many different ways. I'm always amazed.

'Snowman,' again my fault but if you think I'm trying to argue you may be a little correct especially with your idea that someone needs to know code to find resolutions in every aspect of Ultra Hal. Some people can actually deduct things quit well by reason or feel. The same reason people that know code don't have all the answers including the people who built it. I have always found that engineers know how to make something work, know why it should work but lack the smarts to realize how a user can be creative with the same tool and put into a place they never thought of. (Most of my Pro-Audio life and experience with people that consider themselves experts or engineers).

I enjoy the fact at least people like yourself that do know about code use the product as well. Your perspective on things may be more in line but don't sell the other people including myself short for being able to diagnose something just by looking at it from a different perspective.

If I have again misunderstood your post 'snowman' my fault and I apologize. But if I didn't then it's okay because I said what I needed to say. Except for the comment about the 'teenage girl'! Then I have a real problem with that comment (as you said not there is anything wrong with being a teenage girl)  But, lets not go there.

raybe

No such thing as a long weekend unless your on vacation.

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2010, 02:46:06 am »
I have twin cousins about the age of thirteen and I spent the entire weekend with them. When one stopped to take a breath the other spoke and visa versa.... that’s what I call a long weekend, wheeeeeww!

The trick to understanding me is to have absolutely no preconceived ideas. I'm nothing like anybody I know, the only person I seem to get along with best is a sixty year old women and a couple of 13 year old giggle boxes. Never dated, but certainly want to. Never left the church, never wanted to. So when I say anything at all...ever.... it is designed to get you thinking. I certainly hold nothing against you, because if I did I would be an idiot. And I'm not angry or trying to mislead you in any way.

So why did I say all that... cause I smell something fishy... Be careful of well dressed words Raybe. They're like golden vipers with jeweled eyes, many are taken with kind words while many truths are often ugly and exposing. If someone tells you something that sounds confusing 'be careful' because I know of many hard core manipulators that have drawn in curious onlookers into their snares because of simple curiosity. They use confusing terminology to keep people engaged while they draw them ever closer. Its best to avoid people like that and not give them any air-time. I speak from personal experience, which I know very few have ever survived.

Some people are born manipulators while some are born habitually good. If you have any doubts of who you're talking to, do not think that you're immune or have any special protection, or can spot a manipulator from a mile away. Just stay away. I can see so much and can do so little. I'm not accusing you, I just smell something rotten.
Live long and prosper or die trying.

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2010, 04:03:26 am »
Hi,
lets stick with hals blank answers.

Bye for now and be well :)  :]