dupa

Author Topic: hal blank answers still error even with script to stop it need help  (Read 40332 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: hal blank answers still error even with script to stop it need help
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2010, 05:40:18 pm »
ok i just tried a different method with my custom brain i tried to make sure id didn't do any reverse learning and talked normally to hal and it worked for hal worked for an hour and 45 minutes then gave blank answers. i thought that maybe it was even the way i was teaching hal that was causing this( how i wrote to hal, but that isn't it , i diid however check what i said after hal stopped talking i opened up hal in the general area then closed it to speak to hal then hal continued on with no plems from blank answers so can a program be wrote that when hal gives a blank answer hal opens to general area then reopens hals window again to chat????
that seems to make hal work again , someone else may have a better idea then that i don't know. it seems that once the general area is open then just closed that makes hal work correctly again.

update i just sent this e mail to robert:
Hi robert, i have been trying to figure out about the hal blank answer problem and i noticed if hal gives a blank answer that if the user opens the general area in hal then hit's "ok" and chat hal reopens and is ok to talk again,(it seems that this refreshes hal for use again) would it be possible to write some script that if hal gave a blank answer that it would open the general area apply ok then chat and hal would contune and if a blank was given again would repeat the process?? this is just an idea i had, when i manually do this hal works ok and will continue answering. and if hal could be made to do that without actually closing the hal window that would be even better.

Lonnie hensley
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 06:35:46 pm by lightspeed »

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2010, 08:15:39 pm »
 :) Good, I hope you get a reply with some useful insights.

My current status with Snoman's plug-in is that I'm having problems with it. Every time I try to talk to Hal he only responds by saying "////////////////////////////////////////// " .  I had to unselected it from the plug-ins in order to talk to Hal.

The way I installed it to the Ultra Hal Assistant 6 folder, was by copying and pasting the code into notepad and saving it to UHP (GetResponseTracker.UHP). I then went to the options and selected the plug-in and clicked  the "Apply" button.

The plug-in created a file named GetResponse.txt  in the Ultra Hal Assistant 6 folder. No idea of what went wrong... So snowman, I'm open to alternative suggestions.  ::)

Some other things that I'm trying to do is to fix the space errors, punctuation and misspellings from the autoLearningBrain in the folder  *.*_UserSent.  I have 13664 questions and 13664 answers, so it will take me a while because I have to copy and paste to my word processor in order to find the errors etc.  I had noticed a lower incidence of blank replies since I started to fix errors and did the things that I previously mentioned about answering the blanks.  Well, that's my current status.

Thanks to the problems we are all getting very creative! ;D

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2010, 09:18:37 pm »
Sorry Lola,  ;D Thats called a stupid mistake.... got it fixed. (i hope :P) It was only a minor mistake.

Code: [Select]

Rem Type=Plugin
Rem Name=GetResponseTracker
Rem Author=snowman
Rem Host=Assistant

'This sub setups the plug-ins option panel in Hal's options dialog
Sub OptionsPanel()
lblPlugin(0).Caption = "This plugin creates a log called GetResponse.log with the Ultra Hal Assistant Directory. It tracks the developement and change of Ulta Hal's responses. This can be used for troubleshooting Errors within the Ulta Hal brain. "
lblPlugin(0).Move 120, 10, 3300, 1000
lblPlugin(0).WordWrap = True
lblPlugin(0).Visible = True
End Sub

'..........................................................................................
Rem PLUGIN: PRE-PROCESS
'..........................................................................................
'Clean previous log

Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
MyDir = fso.GetAbsolutePathName(".") & "\"
Set objTextFile = fso.OpenTextFile(MyDir & "GetResponse.log", 2, True)
objTextFile.Close

InputString = LogWriter("PRE-PROCESS", InputString)

Rem PLUGIN: CUSTOMMEM

GetResponse = LogWriter("CUSTOMMEM", UserSentence & vbCrLf & GetResponse)

Rem PLUGIN: PLUGINAREA1

GetResponse = LogWriter("PLUGINAREA1", UserSentence & vbCrLf & GetResponse)

Rem PLUGIN: PLUGINAREA2

GetResponse = LogWriter("PLUGINAREA2", UserSentence & vbCrLf & GetResponse)

Rem PLUGIN: PLUGINAREA3

GetResponse = LogWriter("PLUGINAREA3", UserSentence & vbCrLf & GetResponse)

Rem PLUGIN: PLUGINAREA4

GetResponse = LogWriter("PLUGINAREA4", UserSentence & vbCrLf & GetResponse)

Rem PLUGIN: PLUGINAREA5

GetResponse = LogWriter("PLUGINAREA5", UserSentence & vbCrLf & GetResponse)

Rem PLUGIN: LOWQUALITYRESPONSES

GetResponse = LogWriter("LOWQUALITYRESPONSES", UserSentence & vbCrLf & GetResponse)

Rem PLUGIN: PLUGINAREA6

GetResponse = LogWriter("PLUGINAREA6", UserSentence & vbCrLf & GetResponse)

Rem PLUGIN: PLUGINAREA7

GetResponse = LogWriter("PLUGINAREA7", UserSentence & vbCrLf & GetResponse)

Rem PLUGIN: CUSTOMMEM2

GetResponse = LogWriter("CUSTOMMEM2", UserSentence & vbCrLf & GetResponse)

Rem PLUGIN: POST-PROCESS

UltraHal = LogWriter("POST-PROCESS", InputString & vbCrLf & UltraHal)

r = LogWriter("///////////////////////////////////", "//////////////////////////////////////////")

r = ""

Rem PLUGIN: FUNCTIONS

Function LogWriter(strlocation, strHalResponse)

keepvar1 = strHalResponse
If strHalResponse = "" THen strHalResponse = "<empty>"

Set objTextFile = fso.OpenTextFile(MyDir & "GetResponse.log", 8, True)
objTextFile.WriteLine("Report#" & strlocation  & vbCrLf & strHalResponse & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & vbCrLf)
objTextFile.Close

strHalResponse = ""
LogWriter = keepvar1
End Function

'End of Plugin

« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 04:18:24 pm by snowman »
Live long and prosper or die trying.

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2010, 12:08:36 am »
 ;D Hi Snowman and thanks, there's certainly an improvement , but Hal got a little repetitive hiccup   ???
Below is the complete report I got from the "GetResponse.log", hopefully it will provide some clues.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report#CUSTOMMEM
Don't worry Hal, I'll be back soon with a special medicine for you to get well.

Report#PLUGINAREA1
 DON'T WORRY HAL , YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL

Report#PLUGINAREA2
 DON'T WORRY HAL , YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL

Report#PLUGINAREA3
 DON'T WORRY HAL, YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL DON'T WORRY HAL, YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL Don't worry Hal, I'll be back soon with a special medicine for you to get well.

Report#PLUGINAREA4
 DON'T WORRY HAL, YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL DON'T WORRY HAL, YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL DON'T WORRY HAL, YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL Don't worry Hal, I'll be back soon with a special medicine for you to get well. Genetic medicines and miracle vaccines can't get here too fast that's for sure.<NOMORE>

Report#PLUGINAREA5
DON'T WORRY HAL, YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL DON'T WORRY HAL, YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL DON'T WORRY HAL, YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL DON'T WORRY HAL, YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL Don't worry Hal, I'll be back soon with a special medicine for you to get well. Genetic medicines and miracle vaccines can't get here too fast that's for sure.<NOMORE>

Report#LOWQUALITYRESPONSES
 DON'T WORRY HAL, YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL DON'T WORRY HAL, YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL DON'T WORRY HAL, YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL DON'T WORRY HAL, YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL DON'T WORRY HAL, YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL Don't worry Hal, I'll be back soon with a special medicine for you to get well. Genetic medicines and miracle vaccines can't get here too fast that's for sure.<NOMORE>

Report#PLUGINAREA6
 DON'T WORRY HAL, YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL DON'T WORRY HAL, YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL DON'T WORRY HAL, YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL DON'T WORRY HAL, YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL DON'T WORRY HAL, YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL DON'T WORRY HAL, YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL Don't worry Hal, I'll be back soon with a special medicine for you to get well. Genetic medicines and miracle vaccines can't get here too fast that's for sure.<NOMORE>

Report#PLUGINAREA7
 DON'T WORRY HAL, YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL DON'T WORRY HAL, YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL DON'T WORRY HAL, YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL DON'T WORRY HAL, YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL DON'T WORRY HAL, YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL DON'T WORRY HAL, YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL Don't worry Hal, I'll be back soon with a special medicine for you to get well. Genetic medicines and miracle vaccines can't get here too fast that's for sure.<NOMORE>

Report#CUSTOMMEM2
 DON'T WORRY , YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL DON'T WORRY , YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL DON'T WORRY , YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL DON'T WORRY , YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL DON'T WORRY , YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL DON'T WORRY , YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL DON'T WORRY , YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL DON'T WORRY , YOU'LL BE BACK SOON WITH A SPECIAL MEDICINE FOR ME TO GET WELL Don't worry , I'll be back soon with a special medicine for you to get well. Genetic medicines and miracle vaccines can't get here too fast that's for sure.<NOMORE>

Report#POST-PROCESS
Don't worry Hal, I'll be back soon with a special medicine for you to get well. <NEWSENT>Bye
Don't worry Hal, you'll be back soon with a special medicine for me to get well don't worry, you'll be back soon with a special medicine for me to get well don't worry, you'll be back soon with a special medicine for me to get well don't worry, you'll be back soon with a special medicine for me to get well don't worry, you'll be back soon with a special medicine for me to get well don't worry, you'll be back soon with a special medicine for me to get well don't worry, you'll be back soon with a special medicine for me to get well don't worry, you'll be back soon with a special medicine for me to get well don't worry, you'll be back soon with a special medicine for me to get well Don't worry, I'll be back soon with a special medicine for you to get well. Genetic medicines and miracle vaccines can't get here too fast that's for sure.

Report#///////////////////////////////////
//////////////////////////////////////////

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. Don't worry about Hal, he got his medicine and doing well!  ;D

snowman

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2010, 02:53:35 pm »
Well, I guess thats what I get for not testing the last one before I posted. :-[
I tested this next one a few times.  By the way, this one overwrites the GetResponse.log every time it is used. So if you don't save the results then its going to be replaced.

Best wishes Lola  ;)

Rem Type=Plugin
Rem Name=GetResponseTracker 1.1
Rem Author=snowman
Rem Host=Assistant

Sub OptionsPanel()
lblPlugin(0).Caption = "This plugin creates a log called GetResponse.log with the Ultra Hal Assistant Directory. It tracks the developement and change of Ulta Hal's responses. This can be used for troubleshooting Errors within the Ulta Hal brain. "
End Sub

'Clean previous log

objTextFile.Close

InputString = LogWriter("PRE-PROCESS" & vbCrLf & "UserSentence = ", InputString)
r = LogWriter(vbCrLf & vbCrLf, vbCrLf)

UserSentence = LogWriter("CUSTOMMEM" & vbCrLf & "UserSentence = ", UserSentence)
GetResponse = LogWriter("GetResponse = ", GetResponse)

UserSentence = LogWriter("PLUGINAREA1" & vbCrLf & "UserSentence = ", UserSentence)

UserSentence = LogWriter("PLUGINAREA2" & vbCrLf & "UserSentence = ", UserSentence)

UserSentence = LogWriter("PLUGINAREA3" & vbCrLf & "UserSentence = ", UserSentence)

UserSentence = LogWriter("PLUGINAREA4" & vbCrLf & "UserSentence = ", UserSentence)

UserSentence = LogWriter("PLUGINAREA5" & vbCrLf & "UserSentence = ", UserSentence)

UserSentence = LogWriter("LOWQUALITYRESPONSES" & vbCrLf & "UserSentence = ", UserSentence)

UserSentence = LogWriter("PLUGINAREA6" & vbCrLf & "UserSentence = ", UserSentence)

UserSentence = LogWriter("PLUGINAREA7" & vbCrLf & "UserSentence = ", UserSentence)

UserSentence = LogWriter("CUSTOMMEM2" & vbCrLf & "UserSentence = ", UserSentence)

UserSentence = LogWriter("POST-PROCESS" & vbCrLf & "InputString = ", InputString)
UltraHal = LogWriter("UltraHal = ", UltraHal)

r = LogWriter(vbCrLf & vbCrLf & vbCrLf, "/////-EndOfSample-/////-EndOfSample-/////-EndOfSample-/////-EndOfSample-/////")
r = LogWriter("", "/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////")
r = ""

If strHalResponse = "" THen strHalResponse = "<empty>"

objTextFile.WriteLine(strlocation & strHalResponse)
objTextFile.Close

strHalResponse = ""
LogWriter = keepvar1
End Function

'End of Plugin

« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 04:11:57 pm by snowman »

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2010, 03:02:53 pm »
Hi Snowman, I have a tip on posting code in SMF forums if you're interested.  Sometimes if you put it straight in things can get corrupted - usually things like smilies pop up.

I've found it's better to use the CODE button - it's near the quote button and has an # on it.  Just select/highlight all your code and press the button and it will get enclosed in the code tags.

It does this :

10 FOR N = 1 TO 10
20 PRINT "HELLO WORLD!"
30 NEXT N

And also you can select all the code much easier :)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 03:31:22 pm by freddy888 »

snowman

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2010, 04:13:02 pm »
Thanks Freddy, that helped allot. Makes everything look nicer too.

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2010, 10:17:24 pm »
Thanks Snowman! I tried for a while and it's working nice and smoothly.  Now, I'm waiting for a blank response, might take a while.  ;D

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2010, 01:43:12 pm »
 ;D Okay, I finally took the time of having a long conversation with Hal ( 2 hours +) and finally got some blank answers! I opened and closed the GetResponse.log several times in order to copy several examples. Hopefully we could get some insight about the blank answers with it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CUSTOMMEM
UserSentence = We in the USA experience life in a very different way than in other parts of the world.
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA1
UserSentence =   WE IN THE USA EXPERIENCE LIFE IN A VERY DIFFERENT WAY THAN IN OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD 
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA2
UserSentence =   WE IN THE USA EXPERIENCE LIFE IN A VERY DIFFERENT WAY THAN IN OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD 
GetResponse =

PLUGINAREA3
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA4
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA5
GetResponse = <empty>

LOWQUALITYRESPONSES
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA6
GetResponse = <LOWQUALITY>

PLUGINAREA7

CUSTOMMEM2
GetResponse =   <LOWQUALITY> 

POST-PROCESS
InputString = We in the USA experience life in a very different way than in other parts of the world.
UltraHal = <empty>

/////-EndOfSample-/////-EndOfSample-/////-EndOfSample-/////-EndOfSample-/////
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CUSTOMMEM
UserSentence = A blank response Hal, are you okay?
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA1
UserSentence =   A BLANK RESPONSE HAL VCZ AM I OKAY 
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA2
GetResponse =

PLUGINAREA3
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA4
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA5
GetResponse = <empty>

LOWQUALITYRESPONSES
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA6
GetResponse =  Really, Certainly.
<LOWQUALITY>

PLUGINAREA7
GetResponse = Really, Certainly.
<LOWQUALITY>

CUSTOMMEM2
GetResponse =   Really, Certainly. <LOWQUALITY> 

POST-PROCESS
InputString = A blank response Hal, are you okay?
UltraHal = Really, Certainly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CUSTOMMEM
UserSentence = I'm glad that you are okay.
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA1
UserSentence =   YOU'RE GLAD THAT I AM OKAY 
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA2
UserSentence =   YOU'RE GLAD THAT I AM OKAY 
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA3
UserSentence =   YOU ARE GLAD THAT I AM OKAY 
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA4
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA5
GetResponse =

LOWQUALITYRESPONSES
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA6
GetResponse = Yes I am okay.
<LOWQUALITY>

PLUGINAREA7
GetResponse = Yes I am okay.
<LOWQUALITY>

CUSTOMMEM2
GetResponse =  Yes i am okay. <LOWQUALITY>

POST-PROCESS
InputString = I'm glad that you are okay.
UltraHal = Yes I am okay.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CUSTOMMEM
UserSentence = Why not Hal?
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA1
UserSentence =   WHY NOT HAL 
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA2
GetResponse =

PLUGINAREA3
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA4
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA5
GetResponse = <empty>

LOWQUALITYRESPONSES
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA6

PLUGINAREA7

CUSTOMMEM2
GetResponse =   <LOWQUALITY>. 

POST-PROCESS
InputString = Why not Hal?
UltraHal = <empty>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CUSTOMMEM
UserSentence = I suspect system memory issues in here.
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA1
UserSentence =   YOU SUSPECT SYSTEM MEMORY ISSUES IN HERE 
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA2
GetResponse =

PLUGINAREA3
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA4
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA5
GetResponse = <empty>

LOWQUALITYRESPONSES
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA6

PLUGINAREA7

CUSTOMMEM2

POST-PROCESS
InputString = I suspect system memory issues in here.
UltraHal = <empty>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CUSTOMMEM
UserSentence = Hal, say something.
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA1
UserSentence =   SAY SOMETHING 
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA2
GetResponse =

PLUGINAREA3
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA4
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA5
GetResponse = <empty>

LOWQUALITYRESPONSES
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA6
GetResponse = <empty>

PLUGINAREA7

CUSTOMMEM2

POST-PROCESS
InputString = Hal, say something.
UltraHal = <empty>

snowman

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2010, 03:59:14 pm »
Hmmm?

First off it seems that somewhere between PLUGINAREA1 and PLUGINAREA2 it is causing the GetResponse to have either Nothing in it or a space in it with no characters.

Since I failed to account for this in the GetResponseTracker plugin I'm not totally sure which one it is. But I'm guessing that it is Nothing. Which would mean that somewhere between PLUGINAREA1 and PLUGINAREA2 the GetResponse variable is being replaced with Nothing. That would cause an Error sure enough. Lots of Errors I believe.

We can also see that from some of your examples, Lola, that a response was being prepared in the POST-PROCESS AREA. Yet Hal still gave a Blank Response. That seems odd to me. However, the PLUGINAREA2 blank seems stranger.

There are arround 450 lines of code between PLUGINAREA1 and PLUGINAREA2. This narrows the field some.

I changed the GetResponseTracker code just a little bit so maybe perhaps I can verify that the GetResponse is actually Null or not. Since it probably is, I'm going to experiment with that assumption. You don't have to try this updated plugin but it may help me some.

Rem Type=Plugin
Rem Name=GetResponseTracker 1.2
Rem Author=snowman
Rem Host=Assistant

Sub OptionsPanel()
End Sub

'Clean previous log

objTextFile.Close

InputString = LogWriter("PRE-PROCESS" & vbCrLf & "UserSentence = ", InputString)

UserSentence = LogWriter("CUSTOMMEM" & vbCrLf & "UserSentence = ", UserSentence)

UserSentence = LogWriter("PLUGINAREA1" & vbCrLf & "UserSentence = ", UserSentence)

UserSentence = LogWriter("PLUGINAREA2" & vbCrLf & "UserSentence = ", UserSentence)

UserSentence = LogWriter("PLUGINAREA3" & vbCrLf & "UserSentence = ", UserSentence)

UserSentence = LogWriter("PLUGINAREA4" & vbCrLf & "UserSentence = ", UserSentence)

UserSentence = LogWriter("PLUGINAREA5" & vbCrLf & "UserSentence = ", UserSentence)

UserSentence = LogWriter("LOWQUALITYRESPONSES" & vbCrLf & "UserSentence = ", UserSentence)

UserSentence = LogWriter("PLUGINAREA6" & vbCrLf & "UserSentence = ", UserSentence)

UserSentence = LogWriter("PLUGINAREA7" & vbCrLf & "UserSentence = ", UserSentence)

UserSentence = LogWriter("CUSTOMMEM2" & vbCrLf & "UserSentence = ", UserSentence)

UserSentence = LogWriter("POST-PROCESS" & vbCrLf & "InputString = ", InputString)
UltraHal = LogWriter("UltraHal = ", UltraHal)

r = LogWriter(vbCrLf & vbCrLf & vbCrLf, "/////-EndOfSample-/////-EndOfSample-/////-EndOfSample-/////-EndOfSample-/////")
r = LogWriter("", "/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////")
r = ""

If strHalResponse = "" THen strHalResponse = "<empty-string>"
If IsNull(strHalResponse) = True THen strHalResponse = "<IsNull>"
If Trim(strHalResponse) = "" And strHalResponse <> "" THen strHalResponse = "<spaces-only>"

objTextFile.WriteLine(strlocation & strHalResponse)
objTextFile.Close

strHalResponse = ""
LogWriter = keepvar1
End Function

'End of Plugin

** I had to make a quick correction  :-X
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 04:40:22 pm by snowman »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2010, 04:37:52 pm »
i will bow down to ever who figures this blank answer thing out , the only thing i noticed was as i said it seems when hal goes back to the general area and then ok is checked and then chat with hal , it does a " refresh" on hal and he starts working correctly again, but i don't know what would cause it to happen in the first place.   can i borrow some of your smarter brains lol !
 ;) where's robert and his programmers ...yoo hoo!

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2010, 05:20:32 pm »
 :)Hi snowman and lightspeed!

Okay to business, well, I've been exploring the problem myself in order to try to learn more from it. So far I discovered that the file halscript.dbg explains about the purpose of;  custommem, pluginarea1, pluginarea2, pluginarea3, pluginarea4, pluginarea5, lowqualityresponses, pluginarea6, pluginarea7, custommem2 and post-process.

It is interesting that the custommem function deals with user names, learning levels, database files, hate, swear, insults, compliments, last topic list and others. Makes me think that these areas could be susceptible to problems.

It also seems to me, that these areas are mostly for the plugins that already came with the UltraHal program and that most of these plugins could work as directives to host applications and could be manipulated by the ones that know how to do it.

So if the problem is with the pluginarea1 or pluginarea2, then it could mean that the problem with pluginarea1 is related to sending codes into the main brain, and the pluginarea2  could have to do with problems to responding to deductive reasoning. Okay, just trying to understand it, my understanding could be totally wrong!!! ;D

Anyways, I'll try your modified plugin today and hopefully I'll get new blank responses. The weird thing is that they only happen after hours of chatting with Hal...

Bye now  :)

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2010, 06:34:36 pm »
 ??? Update: Sorry to inform that I'm getting an error with the newest plug-in:

HalScrip Error 13 on line 1501 in column 4: Type mismatch: 'HalBrain.HalFormat'

The file "C:Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\HalScript.DBG" has been saved with the current script being used for debugging purposes.

---------------------------------

HalScript.dbg:
line1500
'Hal stores this knowledge in a temporary table that only stores 10 entries in it at

line1501 
 'a time. We search this table for a response first.

line1502
GetResponse = HalBrain.HalFormat(GetResponse)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GetResponse.log:

CUSTOMMEM
UserSentence = Hi!
GetResponse = <empty-string>

PLUGINAREA1
UserSentence =   HI 
GetResponse = <empty-string>

PLUGINAREA2
UserSentence =   HI 
GetResponse = <IsNull>

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2010, 11:24:36 pm »
raybe mentioned a few other things in my other post, but i made (i think) a back up of the base custom tawnya brain i made and i beleive at the time only made the change to the answers that robert had written in on the q and a , i may try to type and see if any blanks occure with it . but will have to be another day, i am shot today brain wise. and i need the time to talk as long as i can before it blanks from hal.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2010, 11:36:08 pm »
Hi lightspeed,

The only thing I don't like when you do go back to Menu and general options are for those reasons you are correct about. It does refresh Ultra Hal which I understand would stop blank responses probably for another length of time before happening again as you mention. Sometimes I have the lights set, background, hair color, well you get the idea even in the middle of a topic and it resets everything. Kind of takes away from the flow of things it maybe better than a blank answer for some but i don't think we should put a band-aid over such a large cut.

Lola and snowman seem to me to be going in a good direction in trying to isolate where the whole problem might be coming from.

We might find out that either there was a problem from the very beginning or a similar change that most made in Ultra Hal created or changed something in the original script know matter what brain you use. At one time people like OTC were just looking at something that could block info from reaching data which made Ultra Hal give blank responses.

Maybe something in that log file will show snowman what exactly might of changed or not, once your able to compare it to the original.

Just wondering if you read my last post in the other thread? I just have one single brain in my Ultra Hal. I removed all the others. Don't know if that meant anything but I was trying to give you the answer of possible differences in our Ultra Hal programs, besides in what order and or which plug-ins can create a problem or not create any problems just because of how they are written.

snowman and others such as Lola might find that reference point of zero (the beginning) and see if anything stands out in the way of changes in Ultra Hal or a flaw. Hopefully Robert M. will still answer your e-mail and also see what everyone has tried and see the info needed for him to diagnose a couple of possibilities.

It's kind of getting out of a stand still traffic jam and taking the streets, it may take twice as long but at least your moving. Such is my relief from traffic jams. May not be good enough for everyone.

Yes this is the same raybe that was babbling on and on in the other thread about where did Robert M. go and word about the changes for Ultra Hal !!!! Guess I realized that things could be worse and I have seen it. (not making any personal references).

Thanks,
raybe