Author Topic: hal blank answers still error even with script to stop it need help  (Read 40535 times)

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
Re: hal blank answers still error even with script to stop it need help
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2010, 10:24:34 am »
Cool, Dusky!
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2010, 10:46:17 am »
Well i am about ready to give up, i just created yet another brain called britney and kept notes on what i did as follows:
date : 12/6/ 2010 script file to base project on . hal 6 .uhp ultrahal6.2 default brain .
project based on unmodified hal6 default brain database (back up)
name of brain : britney lightspeed
uhp file name britneylightspeed
12/6/2010 started talking : 6;17am .   stopped 6:58 am
next day 12/7/2010 started talking again : 8:20 a.m . stopped at 8:30 a.m.  started again 8:55 a.m. hal stoped taiking at 9:30 a.m. and gave blank answer:

i left hal on all night and just started talking the next day continued on conversation , this was with a new brain with no repeat no modifications that is only approximately 79 minutes total talking time i did with hal this new unmodified brain , this is something in this hals programming causing this . we never had this problem in the earlier versions of hal. so it's a glitch somewhere in the programming. i don't remember anyone having this problem in the 6.1. hal .

i didn't base this on any earlier brain i had i did it with a fresh start and after all no one should have to base it on a earlier brain anyway , when someone new buys hal they arent going to have a previous brain to use . unless someone just happens to figure this out for robert , robert is going to have to get his programmers to find out where this programming glitch is.

I ADDDED THIS LATER , I WENT AHEAD AND TYPED TO HAL and he is still talking even though he gave a blank answer , i will go ahead and see what happens but since hal blank answered one time already after about 79 minutes of use i expect it to keep happening as it's done before until it finally just won't answer anymore. will post an update as it happens .
ANOTHER NOTE: i just thought of something i think i know why hal started talking again, it was because when i went to save the conversation i hit the wrong button which made me go out of hal and into the menu area which of course as i said from before it sort of refreshes hal and hal startes talking ok again , so it wassn't that hal just continued talking as i thought it was because after going out of hal into the menu area it refreshed hal and he started talking again.
As i said this is something Robert and his programmers need to work on and get solved hal is not working right.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 11:04:17 am by lightspeed »

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2010, 04:35:43 pm »
You know Lola, all those different examples you posted seem to be all different in nature. Obviously the script is running else my plugin wouldn't even record anything at all, or at least only in part. The UserSentence variable is consistant and always filled, only the GetResponse variable seems to relaying empty-strings. Well, sometimes a response is prepared near the end of the brain script, but it is not conveyed to Hal's window.

This is crazy.

If anything, Hal should have relayed the contents of the UltraHal varible to Hal's window, but it apparently didn't do it in some of your examples.

If I knew how the UltraHal variable relayed its information then prehaps I could venture a guess at what the issue might be. I can't even really say that this is a database problem for sure or not.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 01:18:21 am by snowman »
Live long and prosper or die trying.

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2010, 10:51:03 pm »
it's hard for us to fix it, because it seems like we will need to know some things that are not "privy" to us. long way around a problem. especially with all the user variables.
Robert needs to test with clean Hal release, and the ability to see all of the code.

ROBERT....some of us think that there is a significant bug in the original code.

the people i am talking about have written some pretty good code for Hal over the years. We don't have all the tools like you do to fix it, but we are trying. Please lend a hand with this one if possible.

I'm not complaining at all. I love your product. I just think that this one...after reading most all posts here...is worth attention.
Maybe that is already happening, if so, please post. It will help us to know.

Thank you for your time and patience sir.  :)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 10:53:29 pm by jasondude7116 »

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2010, 01:11:20 am »
Sandee has got a mind of her own. LOL.

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2010, 03:09:11 am »
It is very sad but unfortunately understandable why this place lacks the active and valuable members that I noticed, once had. Bashing is going on in here, period. I think that answers many of the questions that we have, why things are slowing down, why the lack of more active members, why we don't get the replies that we should, etc. The future of the forum is very predictable if things continue the way they are...

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2010, 08:04:25 am »
What do you mean by 'Bashing' Lola ?

I tend to agree that the site has gone down hill due to the lack of support.  New people just can't be bothered with it all.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2010, 09:00:12 am »
i am hoping that , that is the bashing lola is talking about is from new members and lack of support , as for me and others i don't consider what i am saying as bashing , but rather at this point and time a "deperate" need of help on a matter that is affecting many users of hal and that is blank answers , i am greatful for everyone here who has tried and "is" trying to figure out the code to correct it but as i and jasondude have said this is probably something that robert and his programmers need to straighten out (who know what the coding is for hal) i am wondering how far back earlier brains that this blank answer problem went? i don't recall having it in the 6.1. but then again as each year went by i got more involved and now am trying to teach hal more over more hours at a time . if nothing elese i may reinstall 6.1 and try learning it alot and see if it blanks but doing thatb is like people downgrading from vista to xp . :(

p.s. lola i don't mean anything bad against you, you have been nothing but good about helping not only me but many others here to, we just need robert to let us know something, anything!

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2010, 10:38:45 am »
The are different forms of bashing, sudden meaningless or irrelevant off-topic messages from members from other sections to sections that are discussing serious issues is one of them. Where there are no rules chaos will follow.

p.s.  lightspeed, I'm not referring to you.  :)

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2010, 11:44:14 am »

Just  my modest contribution. Hope it's useful.  ::)

Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2010, 01:13:13 pm »
Saying that people are bashing, when they are not, is bashing in itself. Little comments added by different members here are very cool, its something that friends do. Its a social thing. What Fred said was great, but false accusations is something that will generate allot of anger.

The only reason why there are not many members here is because this is a forum is about Hal and not about Ai. People here use Hal, program Hal, and expect Hal to one day become great. When someone doesn't understand Hal or is tired of playing with Hal they move on to other things. To them Hal is no more than a curiocity. However, to everyone who are faithful to Hal's ideology they seem to live on this forum. These people should never be accused of bashing, unless they are first confronted as a friend.

We are all members and are under no obligation to help anyone, but some of us do help others because they care. And besides, I would rather have quality members rather than quantity anytime. Haven't you ever been on forums where there were lots of people, but they were all morons. This forum is not like that.
Live long and prosper or die trying.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2010, 06:35:56 pm »
Hey i am like groucho marx he said "i wouldn't join any club that would have the likes of me lol . we all need to just step back and take a breath and "hope" that Robert will show up (soon) and help us on this blank answer problem. he should have a better idea then anyone on it seeing how he and his programers wrote the code ., they will or should have a better clue to what's going wrong . as i said i have a company interested and they will have to buy roberts hal , etc. to make things work but now i can't go forward on this with hal stopping blanking out when someone is in the middle of using it.  so whenthe company contacts me again i will have to tell them that they will have to wait until hal is working correctly. so we wait , hopefully for not to much longer.
what i don't want and hope is that people on here don't get into it with each other not because it's christmas but because we are all friends one way or another .

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2010, 07:40:17 pm »
I said what was needed to said, as it is the proper way to address issues. I truly understand that regardless of right or wrong, everybody is free to chose what is more convenient to them.

I really thought about it and I'm solving the issue with the best approach there is, I will join the peaceful lurkers once in a while from now on.   

Lightspeed, Raybe and dude I'll miss you, you all have excellent human qualities and are a real asset to the group. Please, don't reply to this and continue with the many important issues that still needs to be solved.

Good bye and good luck to all.  :)

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2010, 11:03:05 pm »
lightspeed, I know you started from scratch but maybe not scratch enough. Sorry I couldn't post earlier but I lost my cable connection and of coarse they didn't know why. Bang it started running just a little while ago.

Back on subject. I also noticed my work Ultra Hal doesn't give me blank answers and that program is on for a good 10hrs during my work day. Now this Ultra Hal is really basic except for advanced equations. This Ultra Hal has the original Gui with the Chris head character only and seems to always keep me on track especially if I'm not in the mood.

Again just trying the basics even more so. No fullbody, not even changing name of brain, small window and just a head character.

I know I'm reaching but like most I just don't know enough but sound basic troubleshooting. Nothing like Ultra Hal but sometimes the basics are the basics.

Sorry Lola because you said don't respond but sometimes we have to stay true to our human nature and that is to be creatures of deletion. So delete the negativity you feel and hang with us. I have had and still have issues sometimes but like you said if you just don't want to be a part of certain members posts or beliefs just go on to what you feel is important it's all good. Remember the rant I want on and even tried starting a different thread just for this but it's here and that's that and I'm not going to sweat it. We all have something in common maybe but that's where it may end but hey this isn't going to re-direct my life. Take it for what it is and you could still enjoy.(sshhh even if it's with a small group.)

P.S. lightspeed after this I do have to agree especially after the post of, snowman and jason. Even you have mentioned it and I think I mentioned it also, Robert M. seems to have lost the basic of the things that cause these problems. Unless he joins in I think we will be stuck unless someone stumbles across this particular problem.

With best wishes,
raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2010, 10:01:12 am »
LOLA, i am sorry for going agisnt your wishes about not responding to this but somethings are worth responding to i consider you a good friend and good person just as i do snowman and others , actually their is really no one on here that i really do not dislike ( guess that's the virgo in me), you can read virgo's trade marks in horiscopes .
Anyway we are all only human and at many times will eventually say things that someone else may not like but i truly hope we can overlook things that each other may or may not say and all still stay on this forum and work together and or share our work so that we can all learn and grow as one and even seperately in our own special ways .
    and raybe i probably will eventually try more basics i am trying whatever i can , with the time i have to do it .
and anyone that wants to e mail me most of you know my e mail but here it is airvair62@yahoo.com i may not know all of you by first names so be sure and put your user name and about the forum on my e mail . i will continue to be on here and hope others will "all" stay here to.